public inbox for cgen@sourceware.org
* Simulating different models using a single simulator...
@ 2001-10-20  9:26 Alan Lehotsky
From: Alan Lehotsky @ 2001-10-20  9:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cgen

It appears that the

	--model <name>

flag to the simulator allows one to indicate WHICH model of a cpu family is to be simulated.

What I'm wondering about is HOW to test the model selected within the (define-insn ...)?

What I'd like to do is conditionally test the model and execute slightly different code paths in
the simulator.  [There are only 6 instructions out of about 40 that are different between the two
models....

-- Al

		    Quality Software Management
		http://home.earthlink.net/~qsmgmt
			apl@alum.mit.edu
			(978)287-0435 Voice
			(978)808-6836 Cell
			(978)287-0436 Fax

	Software Process Improvement and Management Consulting
	     Language Design and Compiler Implementation

* Re: Simulating different models using a single simulator...
@ 2001-11-07  7:13 ` Frank Ch. Eigler
From: Frank Ch. Eigler @ 2001-11-07  7:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alan Lehotsky; +Cc: cgen

Hi -

alehotsky wrote:
: [...]
: What I'm wondering about is HOW to test the model selected
: within the (define-insn ...)?

You mean by means other than the MACH attribute assigned to the
instruction as a whole?  Within the insn semantics?  I don't know
if it works, but look for "current-mach" in cgen/cpu/sparccom.cpu.
(Another way would be to rely on a virtual operand whose getter
function identifies the machine.)

- FChE

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 232 bytes --]

* Simulating different models using a single simulator...
@ 2001-11-19 12:16 ` Alan Lehotsky
From: Alan Lehotsky @ 2001-11-19 12:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cgen

@ 2001-11-23  8:07   ` Frank Ch. Eigler