public inbox for cgen@sourceware.org
* First steps with Cgen
@ 2002-03-05  6:21 Fogel Faiser
From: Fogel Faiser @ 2002-03-05  6:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cgen

Hi,

I'm trying to generate the simulation tools for m32r with CGEN, but I'm not
able to make it work. I've downloaded binutils-2.11.2 and cgen-1.0,
configured both directories with configure --enable-guile-debug
--target=m32r-linux and run guile following the instructions of CGEN Porting
guide but when I try to compile the tools for this architecture (make
stamp-m32r stamp-arch stamp-cpu stamp-desc) I get errors like "No rule to
make target".

Also, I don't have sim or sid/component/cgen-cpu directories like the
referenced ones in the FAQ.

What is it wrong? Thanks a lot!

Fogel

* Re: First steps with Cgen
@ 2002-03-05 11:18 ` Frank Ch. Eigler
From: Frank Ch. Eigler @ 2002-03-05 11:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fogel Faiser; +Cc: cgen

Hi -

On Tue, Mar 05, 2002 at 02:21:17PM +0000, Fogel Faiser wrote:
> I'm trying to generate the simulation tools for m32r with CGEN [...]
> [...] I've downloaded binutils-2.11.2 and cgen-1.0,  [...]
> Also, I don't have sim or sid/component/cgen-cpu directories like the
> referenced ones in the FAQ.

The binutils package includes only the assembler/disassembler and associated
smaller programs.  It does not include simulation tools.  For that, either
download a gdb distribution, or a sid distribution.  In each case, fetching
a source tree from CVS is generally superior.  For example, if you grab the
sid module from CVS, you get cgen, sid, and some other relevant and
educational pieces.

- FChE