public inbox for cgen@sourceware.org
* Re: problems about "building a GAS test suite"
       [not found] <002c01c24dd0$2ef01ee0$7f6f0e0a@gongyq>
@ 2002-08-27  7:17 ` Frank Ch. Eigler
From: Frank Ch. Eigler @ 2002-08-27  7:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gongyq; +Cc: cgen

Hi -

On Tue, Aug 27, 2002 at 09:46:45PM +0800, gongyq wrote:
> [...]
> > % make ARCH=m32r ISA=m32r gas-test
>
> First, when I run make gas-test, I follow the rule you mention above.
> But the generated "gas-build.sh" file includes the following lines:
> [...]
> add:
>         add fp,fp
>         .text
>         .global add3
> add3:
>         add3 fp,fp,00
>         .text
>         .global and
> [...]
> Does this seem reasonable? (for you convenience I send you the file to check.)

I'll assume they're okay for now: you have other problems:

> [...]
> second, would you please tell me explicitly how to configure the assembler
> (you know, I use gas) for target(in my case, it might be m32r), because it
> isn't mentioned in the CGEN manual? Is it like this:
> "configure --target=m32r"? But when I try to configure in this way, I
> get many errors when I run make in the build directory, so I can't get
> the file "as-new".

Well, you need to overcome this problem.  A properly target assembler is
essential to making progress: it is a prerequisite to building a new
test suite.  Check out a copy of the whole binutils+cgen kit from the
sources.redhat.com /cvs/src repository, configure a build tree with
"--target=m32r", then run "make".  Please report any build failures
if you cannot solve them by yourself.

- FChE

* Re: problems about "building a GAS test suite"
@ 2002-08-27  3:46 ` Frank Ch. Eigler
From: Frank Ch. Eigler @ 2002-08-27  3:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ¹¨ ԴȪ; +Cc: cgen

Hi -

On Tue, Aug 27, 2002 at 04:45:39PM +0800, ¹¨ ԴȪ wrote:
> [...]
> GAS test suite following the CGEN manual(take m32r for example):
> 1.cd to the CGEN build directory
> 2.make gas-test

For this step, it's important to ensure that cgen will pick the
right cpu model for generating the subsequent tests.  For the
m32r, you may need to say
	% make ARCH=m32r ISA=m32r gas-test

> [...]
> allinsn.s: Assembler messages:
> allinsn.s:8: Error: too many memory references for `add'
> allinsn.s:12: Error: no such instruction: `add3 fp,fp,00'
> allinsn.s:16: Error: too many memory references for `and'
> allinsn.s:20: Error: no such instruction: `and3 fp,fp,0'
> [...]

Very strange: I don't see any public cpu models that include an
"add3" instruction.  Could you forward a copy of the generated
allinsn.s file?

Also, are you sure that the assembler being used is an assembler
configured for this same target?

- FChE

* problems about "building a GAS test suite"
@ 2002-08-27  1:45 龚 源泉
From: 龚 源泉 @ 2002-08-27  1:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cgen