public inbox for cgen@sourceware.org
* how to install cgen-based gdb-sim
@ 2002-10-14  1:34 姹 缈
From: 姹 缈 @ 2002-10-14  1:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cgen

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain; charset=gb2312; format=flowed, Size: 557 bytes --]

hi

After I post the previous letter, I tried this command:

/configure --prefix=PREFIX --enable-sim
then  make all install.

It build gdb all right under the building directory,but when I run the gdb
I re-installed, it still don't accept the command "target sim".By the way,
in the host there is anther gdb, I build gdb in my home directory.

How to build a gdb with cgen-based gdb-sim?

Thank u for ur help?

Dam Wang

Ãâ·ÑÏÂÔØ MSN Explorer: http://explorer.msn.com/lccn/

* Re: how to install cgen-based gdb-sim
@ 2002-10-14 11:27 ` Frank Ch. Eigler
From: Frank Ch. Eigler @ 2002-10-14 11:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ?? ??; +Cc: cgen

Hi -

> After I post the previous letter, I tried this command:
> /configure --prefix=PREFIX --enable-sim
> then  make all install.

GDB does not include a simulator for most native configurations.
Indeed, GDB does not include an x86 simulator (assuming your host
platform is x86 Linux or Cygwin).  SID does include an x86 simulator
(based on BOCHS), but it is likely not what you want.  You probably
need to build an entire cross toolchain, configured with (say)
"--target=arm-elf".

- FChE