public inbox for cgen@sourceware.org
* SIM: cgen usgae info
@ 2007-01-22 11:49 M R Swami Reddy
From: M R Swami Reddy @ 2007-01-22 11:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cgen

Hi,
Are there any document or web-page to find more information on cgen.sh
script usage? If its available, please pass that information. Thanks in
advance.

Thanks,
Swami

* Re: SIM: cgen usgae info
@ 2007-01-22 13:17 ` Frank Ch. Eigler
       [not found]   ` <45B5B264.5040705@india.nsc.com>
From: Frank Ch. Eigler @ 2007-01-22 13:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: M R Swami Reddy; +Cc: cgen

Hi -

> Are there any document or web-page to find more information on
> cgen.sh script usage? [...]

This script is meant to be used from Makefiles.  See several
existing Makefiles in binutils/sid and elsewhere for its usage.
I am not aware of it having particular documentation.

- FChE

* Re: SIM: cgen usgae info
       [not found]   ` <45B5B264.5040705@india.nsc.com>
@ 2007-01-23 11:56     ` Frank Ch. Eigler
       [not found]       ` <45B60391.9040904@india.nsc.com>
From: Frank Ch. Eigler @ 2007-01-23 11:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: M R Swami Reddy; +Cc: cgen

Hi -

On Tue, Jan 23, 2007 at 12:29:48PM +0530, M R Swami Reddy wrote:

> [...]  I would to port GDB Simulator to a new RISC target. Is it a
> way to use the cgen concept in the new port or any other good way to
> do the new port? Please advice. Thanks in advance.

CGEN is a fine way to build the kernel of a simulator.  Regardless of
whether you choose a gdb- or sid-based simulator though, some
hand-written code will be necessary.  Look at the existing ports.

- FChE

* Re: SIM: cgen usgae info
       [not found]       ` <45B60391.9040904@india.nsc.com>
@ 2007-01-23 12:54         ` Frank Ch. Eigler
From: Frank Ch. Eigler @ 2007-01-23 12:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: M R Swami Reddy; +Cc: cgen

Hi -

> I have done the porting to a RISC target manually by looking into
> existing ports. But now I would like to use the cgen or igen tools
> available with GDB sources. Can you please help on this regards.

Not really.  It is up to you which framework you would like to use.

- FChE