public inbox for cgen@sourceware.org
* cos -> goops, maybe not?
@ 2009-09-01 16:59 Doug Evans
From: Doug Evans @ 2009-09-01 16:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cgen

I've been looking through r6rs (r6rs.org) and various Scheme
implementations.

As far as moving to goops, the higher order bit to me is to be able to
run cgen on multiple Scheme implementations.

I still think we should replace cos, or at least slim it down and
simplify it (and keep it r5rs (or r6rs) compatible).
OTOH, it might be nice to have something that can advantage of the
underlying data structure support of particular Scheme implementations,
it would presumably help when printing objects for example.

Anyways,
fyi.

* Re: cos -> goops, maybe not?
@ 2009-09-01 17:08 ` Doug Evans
From: Doug Evans @ 2009-09-01 17:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cgen

Doug Evans wrote:
> I've been looking through r6rs (r6rs.org) and various Scheme
> implementations.
>
> As far as moving to goops, the higher order bit to me is to be able to
> run cgen on multiple Scheme implementations.
>
> I still think we should replace cos, or at least slim it down and
> simplify it (and keep it r5rs (or r6rs) compatible).
> OTOH, it might be nice to have something that can advantage of the
> underlying data structure support of particular Scheme
> implementations, it would presumably help when printing objects for
> example.
>
> Anyways,
> fyi.

Maybe use r6rs's "records" as a model?
We could use the native implementation where preferable, and we can
provide an implementation of the subset of it that we use.