public inbox for cgen@sourceware.org
* cos changes
@ 2009-09-28  2:50 Doug Evans
From: Doug Evans @ 2009-09-28  2:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cgen

Hi.

I checked in a few changes to cos (cgen's object system).
Virtual methods (as implemented) are gone, as is multiple inheritance.
Plus a few other simplifications.

In trying to have something that is portable I now think the thing to do
is keep cos, albeit greatly simplified.
There's a few more cleanups I want to do, plus more portability work,
but hopefully that's it for now.

* Re: cos changes
@ 2009-09-28 16:28 ` Doug Evans
From: Doug Evans @ 2009-09-28 16:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cgen

Doug Evans wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I checked in a few changes to cos (cgen's object system).
> Virtual methods (as implemented) are gone, as is multiple inheritance.
> Plus a few other simplifications.
>
> In trying to have something that is portable I now think the thing to do
> is keep cos, albeit greatly simplified.
> There's a few more cleanups I want to do, plus more portability work,
> but hopefully that's it for now.

One data point I found interesting.

Generating m32c opcodes files before /after (on my machine) went from ~8
min -> ~5 min.

[For completeness sake, it's still too slow, and there are other better
ways to improve this.  And there were still untapped ways at improving
the existing cos implementation.  But I thought the data was interesting
so I'm passing it on.]