public inbox for cgen@sourceware.org
* some opcode files could be regenerated (e.g. <cpu>-desc.c)
@ 2003-04-19 18:27 Doug Evans
From: Doug Evans @ 2003-04-19 18:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: binutils, cgen

Setting aside the copyright date changes, it'd be useful to
regenerate the -desc.c files.
I'm testing some changes and there's a lot of noise in the diffs.

Anyone mind?

* Re: some opcode files could be regenerated (e.g. <cpu>-desc.c)
@ 2003-04-20  8:52 ` Nick Clifton
From: Nick Clifton @ 2003-04-20  8:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Doug Evans; +Cc: binutils, cgen

Hi Doug,

> Setting aside the copyright date changes, it'd be useful to
> regenerate the -desc.c files.
> I'm testing some changes and there's a lot of noise in the diffs.
>
> Anyone mind?

Are you asking if anyone minds you regenerating the files, or would
you like me to regenerate them for you ?  I'm happy either way.

Cheers
        Nick

* Re: some opcode files could be regenerated (e.g. <cpu>-desc.c)
@ 2003-04-20 15:52   ` Doug Evans
From: Doug Evans @ 2003-04-20 15:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nick Clifton; +Cc: binutils, cgen

Nick Clifton writes:
 > Are you asking if anyone minds you regenerating the files, or would
 > you like me to regenerate them for you ?  I'm happy either way.

WELL ....  if you're offering ... :-)

But no I was going to (and will do it).

* Re: some opcode files could be regenerated (e.g. <cpu>-desc.c)
@ 2003-04-21  9:13     ` Nick Clifton
From: Nick Clifton @ 2003-04-21  9:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Doug Evans; +Cc: binutils, cgen

Hi Doug,

>  > Are you asking if anyone minds you regenerating the files, or would
>  > you like me to regenerate them for you ?  I'm happy either way.
>
> WELL ....  if you're offering ... :-)
>
> But no I was going to (and will do it).

Well, I would prefer it if you did it, because I think that there are
some problems with the cgen/cpu/iq2000.cpu file, (the generated files
do not compile), and I think that you would be more able than I to
sort out the problem.

Cheers
        Nick

* Re: some opcode files could be regenerated (e.g. <cpu>-desc.c)
@ 2003-04-22 18:53       ` Doug Evans
From: Doug Evans @ 2003-04-22 18:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nick Clifton; +Cc: binutils, cgen

Nick Clifton writes:
 > Hi Doug,
 >
 > >  > Are you asking if anyone minds you regenerating the files, or would
 > >  > you like me to regenerate them for you ?  I'm happy either way.
 > >
 > > WELL ....  if you're offering ... :-)
 > >
 > > But no I was going to (and will do it).
 >
 > Well, I would prefer it if you did it, because I think that there are
 > some problems with the cgen/cpu/iq2000.cpu file, (the generated files
 > do not compile), and I think that you would be more able than I to
 > sort out the problem.

Done except for iq2000.  The generated files compile for me (opcodes
anyway) but there are some oddities in iq2000 that I want to look into.

* Re: some opcode files could be regenerated (e.g. <cpu>-desc.c)
@ 2003-04-23  8:15         ` Nick Clifton
From: Nick Clifton @ 2003-04-23  8:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Doug Evans; +Cc: binutils, cgen

Hi Doug,

> Done except for iq2000.  The generated files compile for me (opcodes
> anyway) but there are some oddities in iq2000 that I want to look into.

OK - thanks!

Cheers
        Nick