* ct-ng seems to disable all optimization by default
@ 2012-02-16 14:46 Johannes Stezenbach
From: Johannes Stezenbach @ 2012-02-16 14:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: crossgcc

Hi,

I've been looking through the build.log and found that
most parts of the toolchain are build without -O2 or similar.
This seems to be caused by ct-ng build scripts passing CFLAGS
unconditionally to ./configure, which causes it to _replace_
any default CFLAGS with the given ones -- in my
case (with CT_USE_PIPES=y) " -pipe".

I guess the easy solution is CT_EXTRA_FLAGS_FOR_HOST="-O2"
and CT_TARGET_CFLAGS="-Os" (or similar).

To me this behaviour is unexpected because CT_EXTRA_FLAGS_FOR_HOST
help talks about "additional" CFLAGS.

Johannes

* Re: ct-ng seems to disable all optimization by default
@ 2012-02-24 22:02 ` Yann E. MORIN
From: Yann E. MORIN @ 2012-02-24 22:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: crossgcc; +Cc: Johannes Stezenbach

Johannes, All,

On Thursday 16 February 2012 15:45:52 Johannes Stezenbach wrote:
> I've been looking through the build.log and found that
> most parts of the toolchain are build without -O2 or similar.
> This seems to be caused by ct-ng build scripts passing CFLAGS
> unconditionally to ./configure, which causes it to _replace_
> any default CFLAGS with the given ones -- in my
> case (with CT_USE_PIPES=y) " -pipe".
>
> I guess the easy solution is CT_EXTRA_FLAGS_FOR_HOST="-O2"
> and CT_TARGET_CFLAGS="-Os" (or similar).
>
> To me this behaviour is unexpected because CT_EXTRA_FLAGS_FOR_HOST
> help talks about "additional" CFLAGS.

Yes, what is provided in the menuconfig should be added in a way that it
overrides the computed values. In this case, the additional CFLAGS should
be added after the internally-computed ones, yes.

I'll look at it this WE (although that's gonna be a short one, anti-ACTA
demonstration sat. PM).

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.