* Feature request: Fix-and-continue
@ 2013-07-29 21:51 Blair Burtan
       [not found] ` <8Mcz1m00k0BUG1E01Md2Ym>
From: Blair Burtan @ 2013-07-29 21:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: crossgcc

I wish there was a way to implement a Fix-and-continue feature for CT-NG.
By this I mean that when the build of a particular component fails whose
existence isn't critical to a working toolchain e.g. The debug tools, allow
me to turn them off in the config and continue with the build process.

Blair M. Burtan
Northern Lights Tactical
www.northernlightstactical.com

* Re: Feature request: Fix-and-continue
@ 2013-08-03 21:36 ` Yann E. MORIN
       [not found] ` <8Mcz1m00k0BUG1E01Md2Ym>
From: Yann E. MORIN @ 2013-08-03 21:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Blair Burtan; +Cc: crossgcc

Blair, All,

On 2013-07-29 14:50 -0700, Blair Burtan spake thusly:
> I wish there was a way to implement a Fix-and-continue feature for CT-NG.
> By this I mean that when the build of a particular component fails whose
> existence isn't critical to a working toolchain e.g. The debug tools, allow
> me to turn them off in the config and continue with the build process.

This is not posible, since there is no way to know how a change in the
.config may (adversely) impact the toolchain.

The current behaviour is by design.

However, you may get something like what you want by enabling the
so-called debug-shell:
    Paths and misc options  --->
        [*] Debug crosstool-NG
        [*]   Interactive shell on failed commands

Note that this must be set prior to running the toolchain. of course,
and can not be set afterwards.

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.

* armhf glibc dynamic linker
       [not found] ` <8Mcz1m00k0BUG1E01Md2Ym>
@ 2013-08-05  2:20   ` Douglas Jerome
From: Douglas Jerome @ 2013-08-05  2:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: crossgcc

I used CT-NG to make an arm cortex-a8 hard-float
cross tool chain with gcc-4.6.3 and glibc-2.16.0

The resulting cross gcc-4.6.3 uses /lib/ld-linux.so.3
for the glibc dynamic linker, but the sysroot glibc-2.16.0
actually has /lib/ld-linux-armhf.so.3, so my programs
don't run.

:(

There are several ways I can fix this problem,
but does anyone know of simple or convenient
CT-NG config entry(s) that I can use to avoid
this situation? i.e., am I doing something wrong
or not smart with CT-NG (other than using an
older gcc)?

* Re: armhf glibc dynamic linker
@ 2013-08-05  2:46     ` Zhenqiang Chen
From: Zhenqiang Chen @ 2013-08-05  2:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: douglas; +Cc: crossgcc

On 5 August 2013 10:16, Douglas Jerome <douglas@ttylinux.org> wrote:

> I used CT-NG to make an arm cortex-a8 hard-float
> cross tool chain with gcc-4.6.3 and glibc-2.16.0
>
> The resulting cross gcc-4.6.3 uses /lib/ld-linux.so.3
> for the glibc dynamic linker, but the sysroot glibc-2.16.0
> actually has /lib/ld-linux-armhf.so.3, so my programs
> don't run.
>
> :(
>
> There are several ways I can fix this problem,
> but does anyone know of simple or convenient
> CT-NG config entry(s) that I can use to avoid
> this situation? i.e., am I doing something wrong
> or not smart with CT-NG (other than using an
> older gcc)?

I guess gcc-4.6.3 is too older, which does not include the patch
(http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2012-04/msg01913.html). A simple
way is to put the patch at patches/gcc/4.6.3 in CT-NG.