* [Fwd: Re: 1.5.2 built, but with error]
@ 2009-11-28 10:17 Harold Grovesteen
From: Harold Grovesteen @ 2009-11-28 10:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: crossgcc

Forgot reply all...

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Re: 1.5.2 built, but with error
Date: 	Fri, 27 Nov 2009 07:34:50 -0600
From: 	Harold Grovesteen <h.grovsteen@tx.rr.com>
To: 	piper.guy1 <piper.guy1@gmail.com>

piper.guy1 wrote:

>I successfully built 1.5.2. It built to completion. However I noticed
>this error which took place way before the build ended.
>
>Should I be concerned?
>
>thanx
>/carl h
>

>INFO ]  =================================================================
>[INFO ]  Installing final compiler
>[EXTRA]    Configuring final compiler
>[EXTRA]    Building final compiler
>[ERROR]    libtool.m4: error: problem compiling FC test program
>[EXTRA]    Installing final compiler
>[INFO ]  Installing final compiler: done in 859.56s (at 63:12)
>
>--

No, gcc is trying to test the Fortran compiler.  If you did not build a
Fortran compiler, this result is correct.  It should fail.  Why gcc
wants to test it when it wasn't built of course could be perceived as a
separate type of error, but does not likely reflect a problem with your
toolchain.

I get this too when I build my toolchain.  Yann researched this a while
back and you might find it if you google the error.  It should be in the
email archive somewhere.

Harold Grovesteen

only message in thread, other threads:[~2009-11-28 10:17 UTC | newest]