* BeagleBone CT-NG Tool Chain
@ 2014-03-30 17:12 Douglas Jerome
       [not found] ` <kLQj1n01k0BUG1E01LQlMY>
From: Douglas Jerome @ 2014-03-30 17:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'crossgcc@sourceware.org'

Hello,

I am trying to build a cross tool chain for
the BeagleBone (white), rev A3. The problem I have
is the kernel header files; the kernel is from

https://github.com/beagleboard/kernel/tree/3.8

and no kernel later than the 2013-03-22 from that tree
can properly export its header files.

Is anyone using crosstool-ng to make a cross tool chain
for making the latest BeagleBone 3.8.4 kernel+modules?

I've look at using
https://rcn-ee.net/deb/wheezy-armhf/v3.8.13-bone43/linux-headers-3.8.13-bone43_1.0wheezy_armhf.deb
but I've not found a way to use that to successfully
build a crosstool-ng tool chain.

* Re: BeagleBone CT-NG Tool Chain
@ 2014-03-31 20:10 ` Paul Bußmann
       [not found] ` <kLQj1n01k0BUG1E01LQlMY>
From: Paul Bußmann @ 2014-03-31 20:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: crossgcc, douglas

Hi,

Am Sonntag, 30. März 2014, 10:12:32 schrieb Douglas Jerome:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to build a cross tool chain for
> the BeagleBone (white), rev A3. The problem I have
> is the kernel header files; the kernel is from
>
> https://github.com/beagleboard/kernel/tree/3.8
>
> and no kernel later than the 2013-03-22 from that tree
> can properly export its header files.
>
> Is anyone using crosstool-ng to make a cross tool chain
> for making the latest BeagleBone 3.8.4 kernel+modules?
>
> I've look at using
> https://rcn-ee.net/deb/wheezy-armhf/v3.8.13-bone43/linux-headers-3.8.13-bone
> 43_1.0wheezy_armhf.deb but I've not found a way to use that to successfully
> build a crosstool-ng tool chain.
>
> --

Please see https://sourceware.org/ml/crossgcc/2014-02/msg00032.html and
http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/319409/
Meanwhile some versions got bumped and I am not sure, if the patch I proposed
still works. You may watch out for config "i586-mingw32msvc,armv4t-linux-
gnueabi".

Looking forward to your feedback.

Best regards,
Paul

@ 2014-04-01  1:46   ` Douglas Jerome
From: Douglas Jerome @ 2014-04-01  1:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: crossgcc; +Cc: Paul Bußmann

On 03/31/14 13:10, Paul Bußmann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am Sonntag, 30. März 2014, 10:12:32 schrieb Douglas Jerome:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am trying to build a cross tool chain for
>> the BeagleBone (white), rev A3. The problem I have
>> is the kernel header files; the kernel is from
>>
>> https://github.com/beagleboard/kernel/tree/3.8
>>
>> and no kernel later than the 2013-03-22 from that tree
>> can properly export its header files.
>>
>> Is anyone using crosstool-ng to make a cross tool chain
>> for making the latest BeagleBone 3.8.4 kernel+modules?
>>
>> I've look at using
>> https://rcn-ee.net/deb/wheezy-armhf/v3.8.13-bone43/linux-headers-3.8.13-bone
>> 43_1.0wheezy_armhf.deb but I've not found a way to use that to successfully
>> build a crosstool-ng tool chain.
>>

> Please see https://sourceware.org/ml/crossgcc/2014-02/msg00032.html and
> http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/319409/
> Meanwhile some versions got bumped and I am not sure, if the patch I proposed
> still works. You may watch out for config "i586-mingw32msvc,armv4t-linux-
> gnueabi".
>
> Looking forward to your feedback.
>
> Best regards,
> Paul

Thanks, but your config doesn't match what I am doing.

To be more specific, I am using glibc, so the kernel
header files are somewhat important.

I may need to dive into the latest BeagleBone-patched
3.8 kernel source tree and try to find out how to fix
the header file export...