* ct-ng fails in building cloog
@ 2015-09-03 16:00 Vania Joloboff
From: Vania Joloboff @ 2015-09-03 16:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: crossgcc

Hi

I am a newbie to ct-ng but I have long been building cross compilers.
I just downloaded ct-ng 1.21.0

I tried first with the ARM sample from the list.
It worked fine. I tested the generated compiler and it works fine.
Next, I tried my own config with menuconfig for a PowerPC
target using EABI on bare metal.
No problem with the configuration.
But when I build, it builds GMP, MPFR, ISL but then it fails
in building CLooG with error

/.build/src/cloog-0.18.1/source/isl/domain.c:799:2: error: unknown type
name 'isl_int'

I checked : the isl_int type is defined in file include/isl_int.h
  as an equivalent type to GMP type with comment

/* isl_int is the basic integer type.  It currently always corresponds
  * to a gmp mpz_t, but in the future, different types such as long long
  * or cln::cl_I will be supported.
  */
typedef mpz_t    isl_int;

So it should compile... Any help appreciated.
I would really love to use ct-ng instead of maintaining my own script...

Cheers
-vj

* Re: ct-ng fails in building cloog
@ 2015-09-04  7:45 ` Jasmin J.
From: Jasmin J. @ 2015-09-04  7:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: crossgcc

Hi Vania!

> /.build/src/cloog-0.18.1/source/isl/domain.c:799:2: error: unknown type name
> 'isl_int'
I had exactly the same error for my arm-none-eabi built. I dropped down the isl
version to 0.12.2, which solved the issue.
I had no time to track it down, but maybe you have ;)

BR
   Jasmin

@ 2015-09-04 11:55   ` Vania Joloboff
From: Vania Joloboff @ 2015-09-04 11:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: crossgcc

Hi Jasmin

Reverting to ISL 0.12.2 indeed solves the problem.
I have generated a powerpc cross compiler.
Thanks

Vania

On 09/04/2015 09:45 AM, Jasmin J. wrote:
> Hi Vania!
>
>> /.build/src/cloog-0.18.1/source/isl/domain.c:799:2: error: unknown type name
>> 'isl_int'
> I had exactly the same error for my arm-none-eabi built. I dropped down the isl
> version to 0.12.2, which solved the issue.
> I had no time to track it down, but maybe you have ;)
>
> BR
>     Jasmin

> On 09/03/2015 06:00 PM, Vania Joloboff wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I am a newbie to ct-ng but I have long been building cross compilers.
>> I just downloaded ct-ng 1.21.0
>>
>> I tried first with the ARM sample from the list.
>> It worked fine. I tested the generated compiler and it works fine.
>> Next, I tried my own config with menuconfig for a PowerPC
>> target using EABI on bare metal.
>> No problem with the configuration.
>> But when I build, it builds GMP, MPFR, ISL but then it fails
>> in building CLooG with error
>>
>> /.build/src/cloog-0.18.1/source/isl/domain.c:799:2: error: unknown type name
>> 'isl_int'
>>
>> I checked : the isl_int type is defined in file include/isl_int.h
>>   as an equivalent type to GMP type with comment
>>
>> /* isl_int is the basic integer type.  It currently always corresponds
>>   * to a gmp mpz_t, but in the future, different types such as long long
>>   * or cln::cl_I will be supported.
>>   */
>> typedef mpz_t    isl_int;
>>
>> So it should compile... Any help appreciated.
>> I would really love to use ct-ng instead of maintaining my own script...
>>
>> Cheers
>> -vj
>>

>> --

Cordialement,
Vania Joloboff et Marie Laure Worowski

* Re: ct-ng fails in building cloog
@ 2015-09-06  8:52     ` Jasmin J.
From: Jasmin J. @ 2015-09-06  8:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: crossgcc

Hello Vania!

@bhundven recently merged my patch to address this issue:

https://github.com/crosstool-ng/crosstool-ng/commit/7fa8e7ba8adfb4b480ed56d1d80bba72ad9b343e

Maybe you have the time to checkout the latest CT-NG git Version from
   https://github.com/crosstool-ng/crosstool-ng
and try if it is working as expected.

If you like, you can now select CLooG 0.18.4 and isl 0.15 and try it with
your preferred gcc version. I did the test only with 4.9.3, so we would have
another regression test.

BR
   Jasmin

On 09/04/2015 01:55 PM, Vania Joloboff wrote:
> Hi Jasmin
>
> Reverting to ISL 0.12.2 indeed solves the problem.
> I have generated a powerpc cross compiler.
> Thanks
>
> Vania
>

> On 09/04/2015 09:45 AM, Jasmin J. wrote:
>> Hi Vania!
>>
>>> /.build/src/cloog-0.18.1/source/isl/domain.c:799:2: error: unknown type name
>>> 'isl_int'
>> I had exactly the same error for my arm-none-eabi built. I dropped down the isl
>> version to 0.12.2, which solved the issue.
>> I had no time to track it down, but maybe you have ;)
>>
>> BR
>>     Jasmin
>>
>> ***************************************************************************
>>

>> On 09/03/2015 06:00 PM, Vania Joloboff wrote:
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> I am a newbie to ct-ng but I have long been building cross compilers.
>>> I just downloaded ct-ng 1.21.0
>>>
>>> I tried first with the ARM sample from the list.
>>> It worked fine. I tested the generated compiler and it works fine.
>>> Next, I tried my own config with menuconfig for a PowerPC
>>> target using EABI on bare metal.
>>> No problem with the configuration.
>>> But when I build, it builds GMP, MPFR, ISL but then it fails
>>> in building CLooG with error
>>>
>>> /.build/src/cloog-0.18.1/source/isl/domain.c:799:2: error: unknown type name
>>> 'isl_int'
>>>
>>> I checked : the isl_int type is defined in file include/isl_int.h
>>>   as an equivalent type to GMP type with comment
>>>
>>> /* isl_int is the basic integer type.  It currently always corresponds
>>>   * to a gmp mpz_t, but in the future, different types such as long long
>>>   * or cln::cl_I will be supported.
>>>   */
>>> typedef mpz_t    isl_int;
>>>
>>> So it should compile... Any help appreciated.
>>> I would really love to use ct-ng instead of maintaining my own script...
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>> -vj
>>>

>>> --

* Howto implement a second newlib variant
@ 2015-09-06 22:51     ` Jasmin J.
From: Jasmin J. @ 2015-09-06 22:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: crossgcc

Hi!

I would like to add an additional build step for a second newlib variant
called newlib-nano. It requires the exact same build step as the normal newlib
(configure, make, make install), but uses different configure options.
The result is then:
  libc_nano.a
  libg_nano.a
  librdimon_nano.a
  libstdc++_nano.a
  libsupc++_nano.a
All of this libs are generated for each multilib variant.

As I understand how CT_NG works, I have to add a new build step, because it is
a complete new configure, make, make install triple, which could fail and needs
to be restarted (step).

So I have to add the new step (libc_nano) to steps.mk and implement it in
newlib.sh.

I could add the second build to the libc step in newlib.sh, but then there is
no separate build directory for it and I can't reuse all the nice features from
the top level script (create the build directory, rebuild a step, ...).

Or is there another possibility?

BR
   Jasmin

* cannot generate cross tools for powerpc
@ 2015-09-07 13:33       ` Vania Joloboff
From: Vania Joloboff @ 2015-09-07 13:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: crossgcc

Hi

I am using ct-ng version 1.21.0

I have sucessfully built cross tools for ARM and POWER
for bare metal and EABI

Now I am trying to build for linux with gnueabi.

When I try the sample powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu it works,
but it does not use gnueabi...

When I type gnueabi as the ABI name in the target options
of the menuconfig, then the build fails in building gcc pass1
saying gnueabi is unknown ??

When I use the default in menu config
then I get an error saying it fails in abi-tag

Any idea ?

Thanks
Vania