* Ct-ng powerpc-eabi target unrecognized
@ 2016-03-16 20:09 pcm
From: pcm @ 2016-03-16 20:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: crossgcc

Forgive a newbi question, but ct-ng doesn't seem to support powerpc-eabi. On the other hand, I see traffic on crossgcc and elsewhere where people claim to be building it.
Is powerpc-unknown-elf eabi?
I need to build a toolchain which works with the Metrowerks powerpc elf/dwarf2 toolchain, which is eabi(I think).

Any help greatly appreciated.

* Re: Ct-ng powerpc-eabi target unrecognized
@ 2016-03-16 20:44 ` Jasmin J.
From: Jasmin J. @ 2016-03-16 20:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pcm, crossgcc

Hi!

 > but ct-ng doesn't seem to support powerpc-eabi.
Why you think this?
I guess, because there is currently no sample existing for this combination.

 > On the other hand, I see traffic on crossgcc and elsewhere where people
 > claim to be building it.
You can see, it is possible to build such a compiler.

CT-NG is a very intelligent script collection, which builds any cross compiler
you want. The only thing you need to do is configuring it according to you
needs. Generally spoken, if GCC supports it, CT-NG can build it. But there
is also the libc, which needs to support your combination. And sometimes there
are really problems and this is why we have patches for all the different
tools you need to build a cross compiler.

 > I need to build a toolchain which works with the Metrowerks powerpc
 > elf/dwarf2 toolchain, which is eabi(I think).
Sorry, I can't help you here.
Maybe you can find a build script for your specific compiler and use it as a
pattern to configure CT-NG or simply try it on yourself. Once you have it, it
would be nice if you could contribute your configuration as new sample.

BR,
    Jasmin

* Re: Ct-ng powerpc-eabi target unrecognized
@ 2016-03-17  8:51 ` Vania Joloboff
From: Vania Joloboff @ 2016-03-17  8:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: crossgcc

Hi
I succeeded in generating a powerpc-eabi toolchain some time ago
using crosstool-NG 1.21.0
with binutils and gcc 4.8.4

I had to change the version of cloog from the default
because the latest version of cloog did not work for me.