* Homebrew formula for Raspberry Pi
@ 2015-10-21 16:13 Nick Dimiduk
       [not found] ` <CADB4izT4g5-gsksrQiPeh6VmW43q0zuc_kEBsK9M8j3OmC8LNg@mail.gmail.com>
From: Nick Dimiduk @ 2015-10-21 16:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: crossgcc

Hi there.

I'm working on a homebrew [0] formula [1] for building a raspberry pi
toolchain for a Mac, using your lovely bit of software. While working
through issues, I noticed the topic has come up a number of times on
this list. Perhaps folks here would be interested in helping me wrap
up the details and expand tested support. I'd also love feedback from
folks on this list who actually know what they're doing (unlike me ;)
). I have something that appears to work, at least on my 10.8
"mountain lion" machine.

Thanks a lot,
-n

[0]: https://brew.sh
[1]: https://github.com/ndimiduk/homebrew/blob/rpi-xtools/Library/Formula/rpi-xtools.rb

* Re: Homebrew formula for Raspberry Pi
@ 2015-10-22  2:11 ` Al B
       [not found] ` <CADB4izT4g5-gsksrQiPeh6VmW43q0zuc_kEBsK9M8j3OmC8LNg@mail.gmail.com>
From: Al B @ 2015-10-22  2:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nick Dimiduk, crossgcc

Hi Nick,

This might help you:

https://github.com/abencomo/toolchain/wiki/How-to-Build-a-GCC-4.7.2-Cross-Compile-Toolchain-for-Raspbian-ARM-on-OS-X

@ 2015-10-22 17:20   ` Nick Dimiduk
From: Nick Dimiduk @ 2015-10-22 17:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Al B; +Cc: crossgcc

Hi Al,

These instructions look pretty much identical to what I've
implemented. My recipe copies the resulting toolchain to
/usr/local/Cellar, a case-insensitive FS, which may or may not cause
me problems down the line. Also, I was able to build with the default
clang, didn't require GCC build host for the particular versions of
tools I selected. So far so good...

$ gcc --version
Configured with: --prefix=/usr --with-gxx-include-dir=/usr/include/c++/4.2.1
Apple LLVM version 5.1 (clang-503.0.40) (based on LLVM 3.4svn)
Target: x86_64-apple-darwin12.6.0
Thread model: posix