* Updated: unifont, unifont-fonts, unifont-viewer 14.0.02
@ 2022-03-13 9:24 Cygwin unifont Maintainer
0 siblings, 0 replies; only message in thread
From: Cygwin unifont Maintainer @ 2022-03-13 9:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
To: Cygwin Announcements
The following packages have been upgraded in the Cygwin distribution:
* unifont 14.0.02
* unifont-fonts 14.0.02
* unifont-viewer 14.0.02
GNU Unifont is a Unicode font with a glyph for every visible Unicode
Basic Multilingual Plane code point and more, with supporting utilities
to modify the font. The Unicode Basic Multilingual Plane covers the
first 65,536 (or 2^16) Unicode code points.
For more information see the project home page:
As there have been many upstream releases with many changes since the
previous Cygwin release, please see below for a summary; for more
details after installation please read: /usr/share/doc/unifont/NEWS; and
for complete details of changes in earlier releases, after installation
Summary of Changes since the previous Cygwin release
2022-03-06: Release 14.0.02
* Minor glyph fixes.
* Added creation of unifont_jp-14.0.02.bmp, showing the Japanese
version of Plane 0 glyphs.
2021-09-14: Release 14.0.01
* Update for Unicode 14.0.0 release.
2021-02-13: Release 13.0.06
* Minor glyph fixes.
* Added 210205_Unifoundry_Memorandum.pdf legal memorandum.
2020-12-24: Release 13.0.05
* U+EB60..U+EB9F (Braille Extended): added missing UCSUR glyphs.
2020-11-21: Release 13.0.04
* Font glyphs are now dual-licensed under the SIL Open Font
License version 1.1, in addition to the GNU GPL version 2+
with the GNU Font Embedding Exception.
* Many glyphs in these ranges were re-aligned so the dominant
horizontal line would be positioned in row 7, counting from
the bottom. Some glyphs were redrawn.
- U+2190..U+21FF Arrows
- U+2200..U+23FF Mathematical Operators
- U+2400..U+24FF Miscellaneous Technical
- U+25A0..U+25FF Geometric Shapes
- APL operators such as the tacks and jot were not modified,
so as not to alter alignments of glyphs that APL superimposes
on each other.
* U+2200..U+23FF Mathematical Operators: redrew slashes for
negated operators from vertical lines to slanted lines.
* Added three new Under ConScript Unicode Registry (UCSUR) Scripts:
- U+EB40..U+EB5F Standard Galactic
- U+EB60..U+EB9F Braille Extended
- U+EBA0..U+EBDF Cistercian Numerals
2020-07-03: Release 13.0.03
* Redrawn glyphs for all of Thaana, two updated Tamil glyphs,
and some Canadian Aboriginal glyphs (David Corbett).
* Updated unifont.5 man page.
* Bug fix in font/Makefile for parallel building.
2020-04-25: Release 13.0.02
* Glyph blocks replaced:
- U+3040..U+309F (Hiragana) and U+30A0..U+30FF (Katakana):
glyphs in unifont_jp replaced with glyphs from the public
domain izmb16.bdf font.
- U+FF61..U+FF64 (Halfwidth CKJ Punctuation) and U+FF65..U+FF9F
(Halfwidth Katakana Variations): glyphs in unifont and unifont_jp
replaced with glyphs from the public domain single-byte FONTX2
2020-03-28: Release 13.0.01 Unicode 13.0.0
2019-03-05: Release 12.0.01 Unicode Standard version 12.0.0
2018-06-05: Release 11.0.01 Update for Unicode 11.0.0 release.
2017-06-20: Release 10.0.01 Updated for Unicode 10.0 release.
2016-07-02: Release 9.0.01 Updates to support Unicode 9.0.0.
^ permalink raw reply [flat|nested] only message in thread
only message in thread, other threads:[~2022-03-13 9:28 UTC | newest]
Thread overview: (only message) (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2022-03-13 9:24 Updated: unifont, unifont-fonts, unifont-viewer 14.0.02 Cygwin unifont Maintainer
This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox;
as well as URLs for read-only IMAP folder(s) and NNTP newsgroup(s).