* Updated: base-files-4.3-3
@ 2021-04-25 12:24 Achim Gratz
0 siblings, 0 replies; only message in thread
From: Achim Gratz @ 2021-04-25 12:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
The package base-files has been updated to version 4.3-3. This is a
4.3-3 (bugfix release)
* etc/defaults/etc/profile: Fix a bug so that the system variable
CYGWIN_USEWINPATH actually does what it was supposed to do.
4.3-2 (bugfix/feature release)
* etc/defaults/etc/skel/.bashrc: Remove outdated comments on
completion and mention the bash_completion package as a
prerequisite. See cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2016-03/msg00207.html
* etc/postinstall/base-files-profile.sh: If a non-default file is
kept, show a diff to the default version if /bin/diff is
installed and the target is a plain file.
* etc/postinstall/base-files-profile.sh: Do not touch file before
installing so the modes are kept intact, like cygport is already
doing for some time. Reported by Christian Franke, see
4.3-1 (feature release)
* Cygwin.bat: Add to base-files. This version is independent of
the actual install path, see:
* etc/defaults/etc/profile: Allow the use of the unaltered
existing system PATH by setting the system variable
* etc/defaults/etc/profile: avoid second invocation of
/usr/bin/hostname. Reported by Helmut Karlowski, see
* etc/postinstall/base-files-mketc.sh (WINETC): Use /proc/cygdrive
prefixed path which keeps working even if the user changes the
/cygdrive prefix after installation.
*** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***
If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, look
at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
Send email to the address specified there. It will be in the format:
If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:
Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is available
starting at this URL.
^ permalink raw reply [flat|nested] only message in thread
only message in thread, other threads:[~2021-04-25 12:24 UTC | newest]
Thread overview: (only message) (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2021-04-25 12:24 Updated: base-files-4.3-3 Achim Gratz
This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox;
as well as URLs for read-only IMAP folder(s) and NNTP newsgroup(s).