* Updated: setup (2.908)
@ 2021-04-26 11:47 Jon Turney
0 siblings, 0 replies; only message in thread
From: Jon Turney @ 2021-04-26 11:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
A new version of Setup (2.908) has been uploaded to:
https://cygwin.com/setup-x86_64.exe (64 bit version)
https://cygwin.com/setup-x86.exe (32 bit version)
Changes compared to 2.905:
- If a selected site URL saved from the last run starts with "http://",
and an identical URL, except starting with "https://", is in the current
mirror list, migrate it from "http://" to "https://".
- Propagate the value of the CYGWIN environment variable into post
install and pre-remove scripts (Thanks to Michael Wild for this patch).
- Warn about unknown package names used with '--packages' or
- Add support for installing a specific package version from the command
line, with the syntax '--packages package=version'.
- Add '--allow-test-packages' option, which allows the consideration of
test packages when upgrading etc. to be turned on from the command line
(Thanks to David Allsopp for this patch).
- Move (potentially localizable) installation progress and package
action strings to string table resource.
- Fix new warnings and build issues with gcc 10.
- During configure, check for x86 gcc configured with incompatible DW2
Please send bug reports, as usual, to the public mailing list cygwin AT
cygwin DOT com.
^ permalink raw reply [flat|nested] only message in thread
only message in thread, other threads:[~2021-04-26 11:48 UTC | newest]
Thread overview: (only message) (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2021-04-26 11:47 Updated: setup (2.908) Jon Turney
This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox;
as well as URLs for read-only IMAP folder(s) and NNTP newsgroup(s).