public inbox for cygwin-apps@cygwin.com
* python dependency for build only - ITP required?
@ 2024-02-22 19:59 Libor Ukropec
From: Libor Ukropec @ 2024-02-22 19:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Hi cygwiners,

I maintain duplicity package that in a new version brought yet another dependency not
present in cygwin yet (setuptools_scm) but it is needed only just for build (candidate for
BUILD_REQUIRES).

What is the best approach? Is it even allowed to download the python dependency via pip
install during the cygport or just propose a new package (ITP)?

Thank you,
Libor

* Re: python dependency for build only - ITP required?
@ 2024-02-23  2:14 ` Marco Atzeri
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2024-02-23  2:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 22/02/2024 20:59, Libor Ukropec via Cygwin-apps wrote:
> Hi cygwiners,
>
> I maintain duplicity package that in a new version brought yet another
> dependency not present in cygwin yet (setuptools_scm) but it is needed
> only just for build (candidate for BUILD_REQUIRES).
>
> What is the best approach? Is it even allowed to download the python
> dependency via pip install during the cygport or just propose a new
> package (ITP)?
>
> Thank you,
> Libor

Hi Libor,
it is an ITP approved by default as needed for another existing package.

I can pack it for you as I manage most of the python packages

Let me check

Marco

* Re: python dependency for build only - ITP required?
@ 2024-02-23  2:44   ` Marco Atzeri
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2024-02-23  2:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 23/02/2024 03:14, Marco Atzeri wrote:
> On 22/02/2024 20:59, Libor Ukropec via Cygwin-apps wrote:
>> Hi cygwiners,
>>
>> I maintain duplicity package that in a new version brought yet another
>> dependency not present in cygwin yet (setuptools_scm) but it is needed
>> only just for build (candidate for BUILD_REQUIRES).
>>
>> What is the best approach? Is it even allowed to download the python
>> dependency via pip install during the cygport or just propose a new
>> package (ITP)?
>>
>> Thank you,
>> Libor
>
> Hi Libor,
> it is an ITP approved by default as needed for another existing package.
>
> I can pack it for you as I manage most of the python packages
>
> Let me check
>
> Marco

am I wrong that there is an undeclared dependency on another python
module "build" ?

Regards
Marco

* Re: python dependency for build only - ITP required?
@ 2024-02-23 22:15     ` Libor Ukropec
From: Libor Ukropec @ 2024-02-23 22:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Dne 23.02.2024 v 3:44 Marco Atzeri via Cygwin-apps napsal(a):

>> Hi Libor,
>> it is an ITP approved by default as needed for another existing package.
>>
>> I can pack it for you as I manage most of the python packages
>>
>> Let me check
>>
>> Marco

I'll send ITP, not needed from you

> am I wrong that there is an undeclared dependency on another python module "build" ?
>
> Regards
> Marco

I do not know, for me the cygport worked. Only that I have the dependency already
installed (?). Calm could find out, right?

Libor