public inbox for cygwin-apps@cygwin.com
* [ITP] jpegoptim
@ 2021-10-17 13:58 Federico Kircheis
From: Federico Kircheis @ 2021-10-17 13:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Hello to everyone,

I'm interested in becoming a package maintainer for the program jpegoptim.

https://www.kokkonen.net/tjko/projects.html and
https://github.com/tjko/jpegoptim are the homepages of the project.

It would be a new package for the cygwin distribution, but it is already
distributed on different systems, like Debian and derivatives (see for
example https://packages.debian.org/sid/jpegoptim)

Currently there is no Windows port (there has never been one as far as I
know), therefore I would like to maintain a cygwin port, since i was
able to compile and use the program without any patch.

The program is licensed GPL2.

Best regards

Federico Kircheis

* Re: [ITP] jpegoptim
@ 2021-10-17 13:59 ` Federico Kircheis
From: Federico Kircheis @ 2021-10-17 13:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Please ignore this email, it has been sent by accident.

On 17/10/2021 15.58, Federico Kircheis wrote:

> Hello to everyone,
>
> I'm interested in becoming a package maintainer for the program jpegoptim.
>
> https://www.kokkonen.net/tjko/projects.html and
> https://github.com/tjko/jpegoptim are the homepages of the project.
>
> It would be a new package for the cygwin distribution, but it is already
> distributed on different systems, like Debian and derivatives (see for
> example https://packages.debian.org/sid/jpegoptim)
>

> Currently there is no Windows port (there has never been one as far as I
> know), therefore I would like to maintain a cygwin port, since i was
> able to compile and use the program without any patch.
>

> The program is licensed GPL2.
>
> Best regards
>
> Federico Kircheis

* Re: [ITP] jpegoptim
@ 2019-12-20 21:23   ` Federico Kircheis
From: Federico Kircheis @ 2019-12-20 21:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 20.12.19 17:57, Marco Atzeri wrote:
> looks fine. I added it to the package list.
> You can upload

Thank you very much, packages uploaded.

Federico

* Re: [ITP] jpegoptim
@ 2019-12-20 16:57 ` Marco Atzeri
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2019-12-20 16:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Am 20.12.2019 um 15:56 schrieb Federico Kircheis:
> Hello to everyone,
>
> I'm interested in becoming a package maintainer for the program jpegoptim.
> (see https://github.com/tjko/jpegoptim)
>
> It would be a new package for the cygwin distribution, but it is already
> distributed on different systems, like Arch, Debian, Fedora, openSUSE,
> Gentoo and many others, including BSD and Mac OS (more information can
> be found here: https://packages.debian.org/sid/jpegoptim,
> https://packages.gentoo.org/packages/media-gfx/jpegoptim,
> https://software.opensuse.org/package/jpegoptim,
> https://pkgs.org/download/jpegoptim).
>

> Best regards
>
> Federico Kircheis

looks fine. I added it to the package list.
You can upload

Regards
Marco

* [ITP] jpegoptim