public inbox for cygwin-apps@cygwin.com
* [ITP] python-discid-1.1.0: Python binding of libdiscid by MusicBrainz
@ 2015-02-09  8:51 vzell
From: vzell @ 2015-02-09  8:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Hi

I would like to contribute and maintain the 'python-discid' package:

 o https://python-discid.readthedocs.org (Homepage)
 o https://github.com/JonnyJD/python-discid/archive/v1.1.0.tar.gz  (Download location)

The package can be found in the following distros:

 o https://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=python-libdiscid
 o https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/python2-discid/
 o http://software.opensuse.org/package/python-discid

Here is the setup.hint file:
./setup.hint

category: Python
requires: python
sdesc: "Python binding of libdiscid by MusicBrainz"
ldesc: "The main purpose is the calculation of an identifier for audio
discs (Disc ID) to use for the MusicBrainz database. Additionally
the disc MCN and track ISRCs can be extracted."

For downloading

wget -x -nH --cut-dirs=2 \
 http://volkerzell.de/cygwin/ITP/python-discid/setup.hint \
 http://volkerzell.de/cygwin/ITP/python-discid/python-discid-1.1.0-1-src.tar.xz \
 http://volkerzell.de/cygwin/ITP/python-discid/python-discid-1.1.0-1.tar.xz \

Ciao
  Volker

* Re: [ITP] python-discid-1.1.0: Python binding of libdiscid by MusicBrainz
@ 2015-02-09 13:18 ` Yaakov Selkowitz
From: Yaakov Selkowitz @ 2015-02-09 13:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On Mon, 2015-02-09 at 09:51 +0100, vzell@volkerzell.de wrote:
> I would like to contribute and maintain the 'python-discid' package:
>
>  o https://python-discid.readthedocs.org (Homepage)
>  o https://github.com/JonnyJD/python-discid/archive/v1.1.0.tar.gz  (Download location)
>
> Here is the setup.hint file:
> ./setup.hint
>
> category: Python
> requires: python
> sdesc: "Python binding of libdiscid by MusicBrainz"
> ldesc: "The main purpose is the calculation of an identifier for audio
> discs (Disc ID) to use for the MusicBrainz database. Additionally
> the disc MCN and track ISRCs can be extracted."

This module loads libdiscid via ctypes, so you need an explicit
REQUIRES=libdiscid-devel in your .cygport.  With that change, GTG.

--
Yaakov

* Re: [ITP] python-discid-1.1.0: Python binding of libdiscid by MusicBrainz
@ 2015-02-09 13:40   ` Dr. Volker Zell
From: Dr. Volker Zell @ 2015-02-09 13:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

    > On Mon, 2015-02-09 at 09:51 +0100, vzell@volkerzell.de wrote:
    >> I would like to contribute and maintain the 'python-discid' package:
    >>
    >> o https://python-discid.readthedocs.org (Homepage)
    >> o https://github.com/JonnyJD/python-discid/archive/v1.1.0.tar.gz  (Download location)
    >>
    >> Here is the setup.hint file:
    >> ./setup.hint
    >>
    >> category: Python
    >> requires: python
    >> sdesc: "Python binding of libdiscid by MusicBrainz"
    >> ldesc: "The main purpose is the calculation of an identifier for audio
    >> discs (Disc ID) to use for the MusicBrainz database. Additionally
    >> the disc MCN and track ISRCs can be extracted."

    > This module loads libdiscid via ctypes, so you need an explicit
    > REQUIRES=libdiscid-devel in your .cygport.  With that change, GTG.

Shouldn't that be:

REQUIRES=libdiscid0

@ 2015-02-09 20:10     ` Yaakov Selkowitz
From: Yaakov Selkowitz @ 2015-02-09 20:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On Mon, 2015-02-09 at 14:40 +0100, Dr. Volker Zell wrote:

>     > On Mon, 2015-02-09 at 09:51 +0100, vzell@volkerzell.de wrote:
>     >> category: Python
>     >> requires: python
>     >> sdesc: "Python binding of libdiscid by MusicBrainz"
>     >> ldesc: "The main purpose is the calculation of an identifier for audio
>     >> discs (Disc ID) to use for the MusicBrainz database. Additionally
>     >> the disc MCN and track ISRCs can be extracted."
>
>     > This module loads libdiscid via ctypes, so you need an explicit
>     > REQUIRES=libdiscid-devel in your .cygport.  With that change, GTG.
>
> Shouldn't that be:
>
> REQUIRES=libdiscid0

No.  Our python packages include a patch so that
ctypes.util.find_library('foo') will 'dlltool -I /usr/lib/libfoo.dll.a'
in order to find the DLL name it should load.  Therefore, python
packages which use find_library('foo') must REQUIRES libfoo-devel.

(BTW, think this is bad?  On ELF platforms, find_library uses gcc -lfoo
and ldd to discover the SONAME.)

--
Yaakov