public inbox for cygwin-apps@cygwin.com
* [RFC] cygport upload
@ 2015-02-12 22:42 Yaakov Selkowitz
From: Yaakov Selkowitz @ 2015-02-12 22:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

I have created an upload branch in cygport git based on master with
Andrew's upload work for further testing.

I'm still undecided on $arch/!ready vs. $arch/release/$package/!ready.
Thoughts?

--
Yaakov

* Re: [RFC] cygport upload
@ 2015-02-12 22:51 ` Marco Atzeri
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2015-02-12 22:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 2/12/2015 11:42 PM, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> I have created an upload branch in cygport git based on master with
> Andrew's upload work for further testing.
>
> I'm still undecided on $arch/!ready vs. $arch/release/$package/!ready.
> Thoughts?

$arch/release/$package/!ready

should avoid the "unlikely" case when
upload of a second package is  running but a first
package is in transfer from stage to main area.

> --
> Yaakov

Marco

* Re: [RFC] cygport upload
@ 2015-02-13  0:28   ` Yaakov Selkowitz
From: Yaakov Selkowitz @ 2015-02-13  0:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On Thu, 2015-02-12 at 23:51 +0100, Marco Atzeri wrote:
> On 2/12/2015 11:42 PM, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> > I have created an upload branch in cygport git based on master with
> > Andrew's upload work for further testing.
> >
> > I'm still undecided on $arch/!ready vs. $arch/release/$package/!ready.
> > Thoughts?
>
> $arch/release/$package/!ready
>
> should avoid the "unlikely" case when
> upload of a second package is  running but a first
> package is in transfer from stage to main area.

I would tend to agree, as long as maintainers are careful to use only
one method (manual lftp with $arch/!ready vs. cygport upload) at a time.

--
Yaakov

* Re: [RFC] cygport upload
@ 2015-02-13  1:00   ` Andrew Schulman
From: Andrew Schulman @ 2015-02-13  1:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

> On 2/12/2015 11:42 PM, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> > I have created an upload branch in cygport git based on master with
> > Andrew's upload work for further testing.
> >
> > I'm still undecided on $arch/!ready vs. $arch/release/$package/!ready.
> > Thoughts?
>
> $arch/release/$package/!ready
>
> should avoid the "unlikely" case when
> upload of a second package is  running but a first
> package is in transfer from stage to main area.

I agree, in case that's not obvious.
Andrew

* Re: [RFC] cygport upload
@ 2015-02-13  1:23 ` Andrew Schulman
From: Andrew Schulman @ 2015-02-13  1:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

> I have created an upload branch in cygport git based on master with
> Andrew's upload work for further testing.

FWIW, I've been using it to upload my packages since the last update on Jan. 17,
and before that too, with no problems.

I always keep my ssh keys loaded in a running ssh-agent, so I've tested that
case pretty well.  I think it would be most useful to test the other cases:
ssh-agent running but key not loaded; ssh-agent not running; private keys
encrypted/unencrypted.

Andrew

* Re: [RFC] cygport upload
@ 2015-02-13  4:10   ` Yaakov Selkowitz
From: Yaakov Selkowitz @ 2015-02-13  4:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On Thu, 2015-02-12 at 20:23 -0500, Andrew Schulman wrote:
> > I have created an upload branch in cygport git based on master with
> > Andrew's upload work for further testing.
>
> FWIW, I've been using it to upload my packages since the last update on Jan. 17,
> and before that too, with no problems.
>
> I always keep my ssh keys loaded in a running ssh-agent, so I've tested that
> case pretty well.  I think it would be most useful to test the other cases:
> ssh-agent running but key not loaded; ssh-agent not running; private keys
> encrypted/unencrypted.

I am testing it both with an ssh-agent (gnome-keyring) and without, and
my keys are encrypted.

--
Yaakov