public inbox for cygwin-apps@cygwin.com
* [ITP] par2
@ 2015-09-25 21:10 Andrew Schulman
From: Andrew Schulman @ 2015-09-25 21:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

I want to package par2 for Cygwin.  par2 is the well-known file verification and
repair tool, using Reed-Solomon encoding.  It builds OOTB in Cygwin.

par2.cygport:

NAME=par2
VERSION=0.6.14
RELEASE=1
SUMMARY="File verification and repair tool"
DESCRIPTION="par2 is a program for creating and using PAR2 files to detect
damage in data files and repair them if necessary. It can be used with any kind
of file."
CATEGORY="Archive"
HOMEPAGE="https://github.com/Parchive/par2cmdline"

GIT_URI="https://github.com/Parchive/par2cmdline.git"
GIT_TAG=v0.6.14
inherit git

Package files:

wget \
 http://home.comcast.net/~andrex2/cygwin/par2/setup.hint
 http://home.comcast.net/~andrex2/cygwin/par2/par2-0.6.14-1.tar.xz
 http://home.comcast.net/~andrex2/cygwin/par2/par2-0.6.14-1-src.tar.xz

Andrew

* Re: [ITP] par2
@ 2015-09-25 21:56 ` Yaakov Selkowitz
From: Yaakov Selkowitz @ 2015-09-25 21:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On Fri, 2015-09-25 at 17:10 -0400, Andrew Schulman wrote:
> I want to package par2 for Cygwin.  par2 is the well-known file verification and
> repair tool, using Reed-Solomon encoding.  It builds OOTB in Cygwin.
>
> par2.cygport:
>
> NAME=par2
> VERSION=0.6.14
> RELEASE=1
> SUMMARY="File verification and repair tool"
> DESCRIPTION="par2 is a program for creating and using PAR2 files to detect
> damage in data files and repair them if necessary. It can be used with any kind
> of file."
> CATEGORY="Archive"
> HOMEPAGE="https://github.com/Parchive/par2cmdline"

For future reference, instead of this:

> GIT_URI="https://github.com/Parchive/par2cmdline.git"
> GIT_TAG=v0.6.14
> inherit git

Just do this:

SRC_URI="https://github.com/Parchive/par2cmdline/archive/v${VERSION}/par2cmdline-v${VERSION}.tar.gz"

The same goes for retrieving any other tag in GitHub in the form:

https://github.com/PROJECT/REPO/archive/TAG/REPO-TAG.tar.gz

No need to respin though.  GTG.

--
Yaakov