public inbox for cygwin-apps@cygwin.com
* Obsolete dependency report, 2015-Oct-15
@ 2015-10-15 21:28 Yaakov Selkowitz
From: Yaakov Selkowitz @ 2015-10-15 21:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

With the ABI-breaking updates to Boost and ICU, there are a number of
packages which now need to be rebuilt:

gnuplot                                      Dr. Volker Zell
lyx                                          Marco Atzeri
mkvtoolnix                                   David Stacey
nmh                                          David Levine
pristine-tar[3]                              Jari Aalto
pstoedit                                     Dr. Volker Zell
R                                            Marco Atzeri
rdtool[1]                                    Jari Aalto
rpm                                          Pavel Fedin
sng[2]                                       Andrew Schulman
sqlite3                                      Jan Nijtmans
tesseract-ocr                                Marco Atzeri
znc                                          Alexey Sokolov

[1] subject to removal from the distribution
[2] https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2015-02/msg00152.html
[3] already rebuilt for x86_64, but not i686

The master list is kept at:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1eiQ0Mcp588cVVt5LaYXQG5i_HznVF14k50j_pneGT68/edit?usp=sharing

This page is set for moderated changes, so feel free to strikethrough
your package from the list once its uploaded.

TIA,

Yaakov

* Re: Obsolete dependency report, 2015-Oct-15
@ 2015-10-19 11:18 ` Dr. Volker Zell
From: Dr. Volker Zell @ 2015-10-19 11:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

    > With the ABI-breaking updates to Boost and ICU, there are a number of
    > packages which now need to be rebuilt:

    > gnuplot                                      Dr. Volker Zell
    > pstoedit                                     Dr. Volker Zell

I don't see where these depends on both...

    > Yaakov

Ciao
  Volker

* Re: Obsolete dependency report, 2015-Oct-15
@ 2015-10-19 15:11   ` Yaakov Selkowitz
From: Yaakov Selkowitz @ 2015-10-19 15:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On Mon, 2015-10-19 at 13:18 +0200, Dr. Volker Zell wrote:
>     > With the ABI-breaking updates to Boost and ICU, there are a number of
>     > packages which now need to be rebuilt:

That was simply my introduction explaining why the list grew over the
last few weeks.

>     > gnuplot                                      Dr. Volker Zell
>     > pstoedit                                     Dr. Volker Zell
>
> I don't see where these depends on both...

They don't; the Google doc shows the deprecated dependencies as lua5.1
and libMagickC++6_5, respectively.

--

@ 2016-01-15 20:47 ` Andrew Schulman
From: Andrew Schulman @ 2016-01-15 20:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

> sng[2]                                       Andrew Schulman

sng 1.1.0 is now out, and builds OOTB with libpng16.  I'm uploading that
today, so the dependency on libpng12 will be gone shortly.

* Re: Obsolete dependency report, 2015-Oct-15
@ 2016-01-15 20:51   ` Andrew Schulman
From: Andrew Schulman @ 2016-01-15 20:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

> > sng[2]                                       Andrew Schulman
>
> sng 1.1.0 is now out, and builds OOTB with libpng16.  I'm uploading that
> today, so the dependency on libpng12 will be gone shortly.

I mean libpng15.

* Re: Obsolete dependency report, 2015-Oct-15
@ 2016-01-15 21:36     ` Yaakov Selkowitz
From: Yaakov Selkowitz @ 2016-01-15 21:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 2016-01-15 14:51, Andrew Schulman wrote:
>>> sng[2]                                       Andrew Schulman
>>
>> sng 1.1.0 is now out, and builds OOTB with libpng16.  I'm uploading that
>> today, so the dependency on libpng12 will be gone shortly.
>
> I mean libpng15.

Thank you!

--
Yaakov