public inbox for cygwin-apps@cygwin.com
* Stepping down as Maintainer
@ 2023-03-07 22:30 Doug Henderson
From: Doug Henderson @ 2023-03-07 22:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cygwin Apps

Hi all,

I (Doug Henderson) would like to resign from maintaining these four packages:

expat
mingw64-i686-expat
mingw64-x86_64-expat
xxhash

I am no longer using cygwin, and have not done anything significant
with it in close to five years.

A linux laptop and msys64/mingw64 now meet all my requirements in my retirement.

Cygwin was an enormously valuable feature when I was forced to work
exclusively on windows systems during my professional career. Thanks
to all the volunteers who made Cygwin so great.

TTFN,
Doug
--
Doug Henderson, Calgary, Alberta, Canada - from gmail.com

* Re: Stepping down as Maintainer
@ 2023-03-08  5:25 ` Marco Atzeri
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2023-03-08  5:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 07.03.2023 23:30, Doug Henderson via Cygwin-apps wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I (Doug Henderson) would like to resign from maintaining these four packages:
>
> expat
> mingw64-i686-expat
> mingw64-x86_64-expat
> xxhash
>
> I am no longer using cygwin, and have not done anything significant
> with it in close to five years.
>
> A linux laptop and msys64/mingw64 now meet all my requirements in my retirement.
>
> Cygwin was an enormously valuable feature when I was forced to work
> exclusively on windows systems during my professional career. Thanks
> to all the volunteers who made Cygwin so great.
>
> TTFN,
> Doug

Thanks Doug,

I took over expat for which I have already a pkg ready,
and xxhash that looks a small library with not so many update.

Orphaned the
  mingw64-i686-expat
  mingw64-x86_64-expat

for the time being