public inbox for cygwin-apps@cygwin.com
* [ITP] libssh2
@ 2007-06-28  2:31 Brian Dessent
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Brian Dessent @ 2007-06-28  2:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

I have been meaning up update the curl packages to 7.16.x for a while,
however, I have held off because a new feature in curl is support for
transfers over ssh (scp:// and sftp:// URLs.)  However this support
requires a recent libssh2, and until recently there had not been a
release of this library in a while so that meant using a CVS version.

libssh2 0.15 was finally released a couple of days ago, so I'd like to
package it, then I can release updated curl/libcurl versions that use
it.

The project is relatively new as far as I know and not in any stable
distro (but I haven't checked exhaustively), so it will likely need 5
votes.

This is a fairly small and straightforward library, but I still elected
to split it into three packages in the normal way:

libssh2 - documentation
libssh2_1 - runtime (ABI version 1)
libssh2-devel - headers, static library, import library, libtool file

Here are the hint files:

# libssh2
category: Libs
sdesc: "library implementing the SSH2 protocol (documentation)"
ldesc: "libssh2 is a library implementing the SSH2 protocol as defined
by Internet Drafts: SECSH-TRANS, SECSH-USERAUTH, SECSH-CONNECTION,
SECSH-ARCH, SECSH-FILEXFER, SECSH-DHGEX, SECSH-NUMBERS, and
SECSH-PUBLICKEY.  It is licensed under the revised BSD license."

# libssh2_1
category: Libs
requires: cygwin openssl zlib
external-source: libssh2
sdesc: "library implementing the SSH2 protocol (runtime)"
ldesc: "libssh2 is a library implementing the SSH2 protocol as defined
by Internet Drafts: SECSH-TRANS, SECSH-USERAUTH, SECSH-CONNECTION,
SECSH-ARCH, SECSH-FILEXFER, SECSH-DHGEX, SECSH-NUMBERS, and
SECSH-PUBLICKEY.  It is licensed under the revised BSD license."

# libssh2-devel
category: Libs
requires: cygwin openssl-devel zlib
external-source: libssh2
sdesc: "library implementing the SSH2 protocol (developer files)"
ldesc: "libssh2 is a library implementing the SSH2 protocol as defined
by Internet Drafts: SECSH-TRANS, SECSH-USERAUTH, SECSH-CONNECTION,
SECSH-ARCH, SECSH-FILEXFER, SECSH-DHGEX, SECSH-NUMBERS, and
SECSH-PUBLICKEY.  It is licensed under the revised BSD license."

Here are the URLs:

http://dessent.net/cygwin/release/libssh2/libssh2-devel/libssh2-devel-0.15-1.tar.bz2
http://dessent.net/cygwin/release/libssh2/libssh2-devel/setup.hint
http://dessent.net/cygwin/release/libssh2/libssh2_1/libssh2_1-0.15-1.tar.bz2
http://dessent.net/cygwin/release/libssh2/libssh2_1/setup.hint
http://dessent.net/cygwin/release/libssh2/libssh2-0.15-1-src.tar.bz2
http://dessent.net/cygwin/release/libssh2/libssh2-0.15-1.tar.bz2
http://dessent.net/cygwin/release/libssh2/setup.hint

I used cygport for this, with the following simple .cygport file:

DESCRIPTION="SSH2 protocol library"
HOMEPAGE="http://sourceforge.net/projects/libssh2/"
SRC_URI="mirror://sourceforge/${PN}/${P}.tar.gz"

PKG_NAMES="${PN} ${PN}_1 ${PN}-devel"
PKG_HINTS='setup runtime devel'
PKG_CONTENTS[0]='usr/share/'
PKG_CONTENTS[1]='usr/bin/*.dll'
PKG_CONTENTS[2]='usr/include/ usr/lib/'

Brian

* Re: [ITP] libssh2
@ 2007-06-28  4:05 ` Charles Wilson
From: Charles Wilson @ 2007-06-28  4:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Brian Dessent wrote:

> libssh2 - documentation
> libssh2_1 - runtime (ABI version 1)
> libssh2-devel - headers, static library, import library, libtool file

Packaging looks good; I rebuilt from -src with no problems. IMO, GTG.

+1

--
Chuck

* Re: [ITP] libssh2
@ 2007-06-28  6:23 ` Frank Fesevur
From: Frank Fesevur @ 2007-06-28  6:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

At 28-6-2007 4:31, Brian Dessent wrote:
> I have been meaning up update the curl packages to 7.16.x for a while,
> however, I have held off because a new feature in curl is support for
> transfers over ssh (scp:// and sftp:// URLs.)  However this support
> requires a recent libssh2, and until recently there had not been a
> release of this library in a while so that meant using a CVS version.
>
> libssh2 0.15 was finally released a couple of days ago, so I'd like to
> package it, then I can release updated curl/libcurl versions that use
> it.
>
> The project is relatively new as far as I know and not in any stable
> distro (but I haven't checked exhaustively), so it will likely need 5
> votes.

But, do you still need 5 votes if you need it for a new release of an
existing package?

Otherwise +1 for me.

Regards,
Frank

* Re: [ITP] libssh2
@ 2007-06-28  7:18   ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2007-06-28  7:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On Jun 28 00:05, Charles Wilson wrote:
> Brian Dessent wrote:
>
> >libssh2 - documentation
> >libssh2_1 - runtime (ABI version 1)
> >libssh2-devel - headers, static library, import library, libtool file
>
> Packaging looks good; I rebuilt from -src with no problems. IMO, GTG.
>
> +1

libssh2 is in Mandriva since 2006.0.  With this GTG, just upload.

Thanks,
Corinna

Red Hat

* Re: [ITP] libssh2
@ 2007-06-28 11:29   ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2007-06-28 11:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On Thu, Jun 28, 2007 at 08:23:30AM +0200, Frank Fesevur wrote:
> At 28-6-2007 4:31, Brian Dessent wrote:
>> I have been meaning up update the curl packages to 7.16.x for a while,
>> however, I have held off because a new feature in curl is support for
>> transfers over ssh (scp:// and sftp:// URLs.)  However this support
>> requires a recent libssh2, and until recently there had not been a
>> release of this library in a while so that meant using a CVS version.
>> libssh2 0.15 was finally released a couple of days ago, so I'd like to
>> package it, then I can release updated curl/libcurl versions that use
>> it.
>> The project is relatively new as far as I know and not in any stable
>> distro (but I haven't checked exhaustively), so it will likely need 5
>> votes.
>
> But, do you still need 5 votes if you need it for a new release of an
> existing package?

I can't parse that sentence.  I think the answer is no, though.

> Otherwise +1 for me.

You're not a package maintainer are you?

cgf

* Re: [ITP] libssh2
@ 2007-06-28 14:32 ` Dr. Volker Zell
From: Dr. Volker Zell @ 2007-06-28 14:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

    > The project is relatively new as far as I know and not in any stable
    > distro (but I haven't checked exhaustively), so it will likely need 5
    > votes.

Go for it. +1

Ciao
  Volker

* Re: [ITP] libssh2
@ 2007-06-28 16:31   ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2007-06-28 16:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On Thu, Jun 28, 2007 at 04:30:45PM +0200, Dr. Volker Zell wrote:

>    > The project is relatively new as far as I know and not in any stable
>    > distro (but I haven't checked exhaustively), so it will likely need 5
>    > votes.
>
>Go for it. +1

No votes necessary.  Corinna noted that at least one linux distro
already includes it.

cgf