public inbox for cygwin-apps@cygwin.com
* How to get upload rights for existing packages
@ 2016-01-29  7:43 Michael Feher
From: Michael Feher @ 2016-01-29  7:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Hello everybody!

The maintainers of the "task" package (taskwarrior.org) have asked on
their homepage for support with the cygwin package of their software. I
have received from them the information which steps are required to
create an updated cygwin package and now I have the corresponding
packages for 32 and 64 bit cygwin installation.

My question is now which steps are necessary to be able to upload these
packages to the cygwin servers and how can I do this.

Thanks Mike

* Re: How to get upload rights for existing packages
@ 2016-01-29  7:55 ` Marco Atzeri
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2016-01-29  7:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 29/01/2016 08:43, Michael Feher wrote:
> Hello everybody!
>
> The maintainers of the "task" package (taskwarrior.org) have asked on
> their homepage for support with the cygwin package of their software. I
> have received from them the information which steps are required to
> create an updated cygwin package and now I have the corresponding
> packages for 32 and 64 bit cygwin installation.
>
> My question is now which steps are necessary to be able to upload these
> packages to the cygwin servers and how can I do this.
>
> Thanks Mike

In theory the current maintainer is:

task          Federico Hernandez

  https://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin-announce/2012-03/msg00064.html

Assuming Federico is dropping the job to you, please read:

  https://cygwin.com/setup.html
  https://sourceware.org/cygwin-apps/package-upload.html

Feel free to ask any question on the matter on this mailing list.

Before upload we will need to review your package proposal for
a "Good To Go" check.
   https://cygwin.com/acronyms/#GTG

Cheers
Marco

* Re: How to get upload rights for existing packages
@ 2016-01-29  9:18   ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2016-01-29  9:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps; +Cc: Federico Hernandez

On Jan 29 08:55, Marco Atzeri wrote:
> On 29/01/2016 08:43, Michael Feher wrote:
> >Hello everybody!
> >
> >The maintainers of the "task" package (taskwarrior.org) have asked on
> >their homepage for support with the cygwin package of their software. I
> >have received from them the information which steps are required to
> >create an updated cygwin package and now I have the corresponding
> >packages for 32 and 64 bit cygwin installation.
> >
> >My question is now which steps are necessary to be able to upload these
> >packages to the cygwin servers and how can I do this.
> >
> >Thanks Mike
>
> In theory the current maintainer is:
>
> task          Federico Hernandez
>
>  https://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin-announce/2012-03/msg00064.html
>
> Assuming Federico is dropping the job to you, please read:
>
>  https://cygwin.com/setup.html
>  https://sourceware.org/cygwin-apps/package-upload.html
>
> Feel free to ask any question on the matter on this mailing list.
>
> Before upload we will need to review your package proposal for
> a "Good To Go" check.
>   https://cygwin.com/acronyms/#GTG

Federico updated task the last time in March 2015.  He may still
be around, so let's give him a nudge.

Federico, ping?

Corinna

Red Hat

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: How to get upload rights for existing packages
@ 2016-02-01  4:21     ` Michael Feher
From: Michael Feher @ 2016-02-01  4:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps, Federico Hernandez

On 29.01.2016 10:18, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> Federico updated task the last time in March 2015. He may still be
> around, so let's give him a nudge. Federico, ping? Corinna

The request was not really about replacing Federico. He is one of the
original authors of taskwarrior and they have asked on their homepage
for support with the update of the cygwin package. Therefore I have
contacted them and got from Federico the instructions how to package
taskwarrior for cygwin.

Now i have the ready packages and it is that either Federico has to
upload the packages to cygwin which is to my understanding not perfectly
correct as he is not the original creator of the package or I upload the
packages by myself.

I personally would prefer if Federico could still be kept as a package
maintainer and I could just be added but I do not know if this is possible.

br. Mike

* Re: How to get upload rights for existing packages
@ 2016-02-08 13:46       ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2016-02-08 13:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On Feb  1 05:21, Michael Feher wrote:
> On 29.01.2016 10:18, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> >Federico updated task the last time in March 2015. He may still be around,
> >so let's give him a nudge. Federico, ping? Corinna
>
> The request was not really about replacing Federico. He is one of the
> original authors of taskwarrior and they have asked on their homepage for
> support with the update of the cygwin package. Therefore I have contacted
> them and got from Federico the instructions how to package taskwarrior for
> cygwin.
>
> Now i have the ready packages and it is that either Federico has to upload
> the packages to cygwin which is to my understanding not perfectly correct as
> he is not the original creator of the package or I upload the packages by
> myself.
>
> I personally would prefer if Federico could still be kept as a package
> maintainer and I could just be added but I do not know if this is possible.

This is not quite how it works.  The maintainer has upload permissions
using his/her ssh key.  You only get to do that if you become package
maintainer.  See https://sourceware.org/cygwin-apps/package-upload.html

Corinna

Red Hat

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: How to get upload rights for existing packages
@ 2016-02-08 19:13         ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2016-02-08 19:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Corinna Vinschen writes:
> This is not quite how it works.  The maintainer has upload permissions
> using his/her ssh key.  You only get to do that if you become package
> maintainer.  See https://sourceware.org/cygwin-apps/package-upload.html

Sure, but co-maintenance _is_ possible, with each of the maintainers
having their own separate upload area.

Regards,
Achim.

* Re: How to get upload rights for existing packages
@ 2016-02-09 10:39           ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2016-02-09 10:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On Feb  8 20:13, Achim Gratz wrote:
> Corinna Vinschen writes:
> > This is not quite how it works.  The maintainer has upload permissions
> > using his/her ssh key.  You only get to do that if you become package
> > maintainer.  See https://sourceware.org/cygwin-apps/package-upload.html
>
> Sure, but co-maintenance _is_ possible, with each of the maintainers
> having their own separate upload area.

Yes, but Michael still has to become maintainer, even if co-maintainer.

Corinna

Red Hat

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: How to get upload rights for existing packages
@ 2016-02-09 19:26             ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2016-02-09 19:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Corinna Vinschen writes:
>> Sure, but co-maintenance _is_ possible, with each of the maintainers
>> having their own separate upload area.
>
> Yes, but Michael still has to become maintainer, even if co-maintainer.

True, in the absence of anything better he should probably ITA the
package and have the current maintainer chime in with his OK for
co-maintainership.

Regards,
Achim.

* Re: How to get upload rights for existing packages
@ 2016-02-10 10:31               ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2016-02-10 10:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps