public inbox for cygwin-apps@cygwin.com
* [ITP] procps-ng
@ 2016-03-16 20:18 Wayne Porter
From: Wayne Porter @ 2016-03-16 20:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Since I sent this package incorrectly the first time, I have
repackaged it as procps-ng (it's correct name). The current stable
build in debian is listed as 3.3.9, so that is the one that I ported.
Please let me know if there is anything I'm leaving out or doing
wrong.

Bin: procps-ng-3.3.9-1.tar.xz
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6jD_6qfO1gMUTRRWHRPSm5MRjA/view?usp=sharing

Source: procps-ng-src-3.3.9-1.tar.xz
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6jD_6qfO1gMNklVaUtpc19EdmM/view?usp=sharing

setup.hint:
category: System
requires: cygwin libncursesw10 pkg-config
sdesc: "System and process monitoring utilities"
ldesc: "This package provides command line and full screen utilities
for browsing procfs, a pseudo file system dynamically generated by the
kernel to provide information about the status of entries in its
process table (such as whether the process is running, stopped, or a
zombie).
It contains free, kill, pkill, pgrep, pmap, ps, pwdx, slabtop, sysctl,
tload, top, uptime, vmstat, w, and watch"
File: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6jD_6qfO1gMWUJzTnR0SjVUTVE/view?usp=sharing

Debug Info: procps-ng-debuginfo-3.3.9-1.tar.xz
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6jD_6qfO1gMb3VJdFJ0dWhvNzQ/view?usp=sharing

setup.hint:
category: Debug
requires: cygwin-debuginfo
external-source: procps-ng
sdesc: "Debug info for procps-ng"
ldesc: "This package contains files necessary for debugging the
procps-ng package with gdb."
File: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6jD_6qfO1gMZ0xnVGVWNDZkTEE/view?usp=sharing

* Re: [ITP] procps-ng
@ 2016-03-16 20:48 ` Warren Young
From: Warren Young @ 2016-03-16 20:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On Mar 16, 2016, at 2:18 PM, Wayne Porter <wporter82@gmail.com> wrote:

> It contains free, kill, pkill, pgrep, pmap, ps, pwdx, slabtop, sysctl,
> tload, top, uptime, vmstat, w, and watch”

Is the intention for this to replace the current procps package, or to be an alternative?

If the latter, that leaves us wanting a way in setup.hint to indicate that two packages conflict, else you can have the implementation ping-ponging between the two depending on which one is most recently updated, if you have both installed.

> $ tar xvf procps-ng-3.3.9-1.tar.xz
> …
> usr/bin/slabtop.exe

That should be left out.  It doesn’t do anything on Cygwin.

> usr/bin/tload.exe

That doesn’t seem to do anything.  I just get zeroes.

> usr/bin/w.exe

That’s not showing my login.  I’m not sure if it’s useful on Cygwin.

> usr/include/
> usr/include/proc/
> usr/include/proc/alloc.h
> usr/include/proc/devname.h
> usr/include/proc/escape.h
> usr/include/proc/procps.h
> usr/include/proc/pwcache.h
> usr/include/proc/readproc.h
> usr/include/proc/sig.h
> usr/include/proc/slab.h
> usr/include/proc/sysinfo.h
> usr/include/proc/version.h
> usr/include/proc/wchan.h
> usr/include/proc/whattime.h
> usr/lib/
> usr/lib/libprocps.a
> usr/lib/libprocps.dll.a
> usr/lib/pkgconfig/
> usr/lib/pkgconfig/libprocps.pc

All of this should be separated out into procps-ng-devel and libprocps-ng1 packages.

See the attached expat.cygport file for an example.

> usr/sbin/sysctl.exe

What is that supposed to do on Cygwin, exactly?

All I know is that sysctl -a spammed my terminal. :)

Other than that, good job!  The only item above that is an absolute blocker for a GTG from me is the devel packaging stuff.

[-- Attachment #2: expat.cygport --]

NAME=expat
VERSION=2.1.1
RELEASE=1

DESCRIPTION="Expat XML parser library"
HOMEPAGE="http://expat.sourceforge.net/"
SRC_URI="https://sf.net/projects/${PN}/files/${PN}/${PV}/${P}.tar.bz2"

# Only give the library package an ABI tag.  The -devel package should
# not have one because we want it to upgrade even if the setup.exe user
# elects to install a version of the library with a prior ABI.
abi=1
PKG_NAMES="${PN} lib${PN}${abi} lib${PN}-devel"
PKG_HINTS="setup lib${abi} devel"
PKG_CONTENTS[0]='usr/bin/*.exe usr/share/'
PKG_CONTENTS[1]="usr/bin/*-${abi}.dll"
PKG_CONTENTS[2]='usr/include/ usr/lib/'

CYGCONF_ARGS="--enable-static"

DIFF_EXCLUDES="expat_config.h.in"

HTMLDOCS="doc/*.png doc/*.html doc/*.css"

CATEGORY=Libs
DESCRIPTION="This is Expat, a C library for parsing XML, originally
written by James Clark, and now maintained by a loose group of
developers. Expat is a stream-oriented XML parser.  This means that
you register handlers with the parser before starting the parse.
These handlers are called when the parser discovers the associated
structures in the document being parsed.  A start tag is an example
of the kind of structures for which you may register handlers."

sumpfx="Expat XML parser library"
eval "${PN}_SUMMARY=\"$sumpfx (xmlwf, docs)\""
eval "lib${PN}${abi}_SUMMARY=\"$sumpfx (shared library)\""
eval "lib${PN}_devel_SUMMARY=\"$sumpfx (development files)\""

* Re: [ITP] procps-ng
@ 2016-03-16 20:51 ` Yaakov Selkowitz
From: Yaakov Selkowitz @ 2016-03-16 20:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 2016-03-16 15:18, Wayne Porter wrote:
> Since I sent this package incorrectly the first time, I have
> repackaged it as procps-ng (it's correct name). The current stable
> build in debian is listed as 3.3.9, so that is the one that I ported.
> Please let me know if there is anything I'm leaving out or doing
> wrong.

Haven't tested the operation yet, but just looking at the build itself:

* This needs to be broken up into procps-ng, libprocps3, and
libprocps-devel packages.

* Along those lines, procps-ng needs to OBSOLETES procps (which also
means the first upload of this package needs to be coordinated with
someone with full sourceware access).

* kill.exe and ps.exe conflict with commands of the same name in the
'cygwin' package.  In procps, these are renamed to prockill.exe and
procps.exe.

* Your .cygport is missing HOMEPAGE, the SRC_URI is incorrect, and
DESCRIPTION has very long lines and improperly nested quotation marks.
The package is also built in $S instead of $B, resulting in a very dirty
.src.patch.

Please fix these and repost.

--
Yaakov

* Re: [ITP] procps-ng
@ 2016-03-19  0:25   ` Wayne Porter
From: Wayne Porter @ 2016-03-19  0:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On Wed, Mar 16, 2016 at 1:51 PM, Yaakov Selkowitz <yselkowitz@cygwin.com> wrote:
> On 2016-03-16 15:18, Wayne Porter wrote:
>>
>> Since I sent this package incorrectly the first time, I have
>> repackaged it as procps-ng (it's correct name). The current stable
>> build in debian is listed as 3.3.9, so that is the one that I ported.
>> Please let me know if there is anything I'm leaving out or doing
>> wrong.
>

> Haven't tested the operation yet, but just looking at the build itself:
>
> * This needs to be broken up into procps-ng, libprocps3, and libprocps-devel
> packages.
>
> * Along those lines, procps-ng needs to OBSOLETES procps (which also means
> the first upload of this package needs to be coordinated with someone with
> full sourceware access).
>
> * kill.exe and ps.exe conflict with commands of the same name in the
> 'cygwin' package.  In procps, these are renamed to prockill.exe and
> procps.exe.
>
> * Your .cygport is missing HOMEPAGE, the SRC_URI is incorrect, and
> DESCRIPTION has very long lines and improperly nested quotation marks. The
> package is also built in $S instead of $B, resulting in a very dirty
> .src.patch.
>
> Please fix these and repost.
>
> --
> Yaakov

Here is the package that obsoletes procps. I have repackaged it and
added a few fixes
that are specific for Cygwin based on changes to the latest version of
procps. Let me
know if there are any problems with this build.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B6jD_6qfO1gMcVV2NXRjSGM1XzQ&usp=sharing

I plan on doing more work to try and make the package more useful in the
Windows environment, but this is just an initial port to get started.

--
Wayne Porter

* Re: [ITP] procps-ng
@ 2016-03-20 20:55     ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2016-03-20 20:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On Mar 18 17:25, Wayne Porter wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 16, 2016 at 1:51 PM, Yaakov Selkowitz <yselkowitz@cygwin.com> wrote:
> > On 2016-03-16 15:18, Wayne Porter wrote:
> >>
> >> Since I sent this package incorrectly the first time, I have
> >> repackaged it as procps-ng (it's correct name). The current stable
> >> build in debian is listed as 3.3.9, so that is the one that I ported.
> >> Please let me know if there is anything I'm leaving out or doing
> >> wrong.
> >

> > Haven't tested the operation yet, but just looking at the build itself:
> >
> > * This needs to be broken up into procps-ng, libprocps3, and libprocps-devel
> > packages.
> >
> > * Along those lines, procps-ng needs to OBSOLETES procps (which also means
> > the first upload of this package needs to be coordinated with someone with
> > full sourceware access).
> >
> > * kill.exe and ps.exe conflict with commands of the same name in the
> > 'cygwin' package.  In procps, these are renamed to prockill.exe and
> > procps.exe.
> >
> > * Your .cygport is missing HOMEPAGE, the SRC_URI is incorrect, and
> > DESCRIPTION has very long lines and improperly nested quotation marks. The
> > package is also built in $S instead of $B, resulting in a very dirty
> > .src.patch.
> >
> > Please fix these and repost.
> >
> > --
> > Yaakov
>
> Here is the package that obsoletes procps. I have repackaged it and
> added a few fixes
> that are specific for Cygwin based on changes to the latest version of
> procps. Let me
> know if there are any problems with this build.
>
> https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B6jD_6qfO1gMcVV2NXRjSGM1XzQ&usp=sharing

Can you please provide direct links to the files, allowing to fetch
them via wget?

Thanks,
Corinna

Red Hat

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: [ITP] procps-ng
@ 2016-03-20 21:41       ` Wayne Porter
From: Wayne Porter @ 2016-03-20 21:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On Sun, Mar 20, 2016 at 1:47 PM, Corinna Vinschen
<corinna-cygwin@cygwin.com> wrote:
> On Mar 18 17:25, Wayne Porter wrote:

>> > Haven't tested the operation yet, but just looking at the build itself:
>> >
>> > * This needs to be broken up into procps-ng, libprocps3, and libprocps-devel
>> > packages.
>> >
>> > * Along those lines, procps-ng needs to OBSOLETES procps (which also means
>> > the first upload of this package needs to be coordinated with someone with
>> > full sourceware access).
>> >
>> > * kill.exe and ps.exe conflict with commands of the same name in the
>> > 'cygwin' package.  In procps, these are renamed to prockill.exe and
>> > procps.exe.
>> >
>> > * Your .cygport is missing HOMEPAGE, the SRC_URI is incorrect, and
>> > DESCRIPTION has very long lines and improperly nested quotation marks. The
>> > package is also built in $S instead of $B, resulting in a very dirty
>> > .src.patch.
>> >
>> > Please fix these and repost.
>> >
>> > --
>> > Yaakov
>>
>> Here is the package that obsoletes procps. I have repackaged it and
>> added a few fixes
>> that are specific for Cygwin based on changes to the latest version of
>> procps. Let me
>> know if there are any problems with this build.
>>
>> https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B6jD_6qfO1gMcVV2NXRjSGM1XzQ&usp=sharing
>
> Can you please provide direct links to the files, allowing to fetch
> them via wget?
>

> Thanks,
> Corinna
>
> --
> Cygwin Maintainer                 cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
> Red Hat

I don't have a anywhere to upload the files to in order to allow wget
access. That's the only reason I shared the files via google drive.

Wayne

* Re: [ITP] procps-ng
@ 2016-03-20 21:47         ` Wayne Porter
From: Wayne Porter @ 2016-03-20 21:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On Sun, Mar 20, 2016 at 2:00 PM, Wayne Porter <wporter82@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 20, 2016 at 1:47 PM, Corinna Vinschen
> <corinna-cygwin@cygwin.com> wrote:

>>> Here is the package that obsoletes procps. I have repackaged it and
>>> added a few fixes
>>> that are specific for Cygwin based on changes to the latest version of
>>> procps. Let me
>>> know if there are any problems with this build.
>>>
>>> https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B6jD_6qfO1gMcVV2NXRjSGM1XzQ&usp=sharing
>>
>> Can you please provide direct links to the files, allowing to fetch
>> them via wget?
>>

>> Thanks,
>> Corinna
>>
>> --
>> Corinna Vinschen                  Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
>> Cygwin Maintainer                 cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
>> Red Hat
>

> I don't have a anywhere to upload the files to in order to allow wget
> access. That's the only reason I shared the files via google drive.
>
> Wayne

Ok, I have uploaded the files to the location here: http://wayneng.x10host.com/
Going to the url will show a list of all the files and you can wget
them directly
from there. Let me know if you have any issues downloading.

Wayne

* Re: [ITP] procps-ng
@ 2016-03-21  9:40           ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2016-03-21  9:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On Mar 20 14:30, Wayne Porter wrote:
> > On Sun, Mar 20, 2016 at 1:47 PM, Corinna Vinschen
> > <corinna-cygwin@cygwin.com> wrote:
> >> Can you please provide direct links to the files, allowing to fetch
> >> them via wget?
> >>

> >> Thanks,
> >> Corinna
> >> [...]
>
> Ok, I have uploaded the files to the location here: http://wayneng.x10host.com/
> Going to the url will show a list of all the files and you can wget
> them directly
> from there. Let me know if you have any issues downloading.

Works, but the procps-ng-3.3.9-1-src.tar.xz and procps-ng-3.3.9-1.tar.xz
files are invalid xz archives.  The other files are ok (and look good
packaging-wise).  Can you reupload those two files, please?

Thanks,
Corinna

Red Hat

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: [ITP] procps-ng
@ 2016-03-21 10:54             ` Wayne Porter
From: Wayne Porter @ 2016-03-21 10:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On Sun, Mar 20, 2016 at 2:40 PM, Corinna Vinschen
<corinna-cygwin@cygwin.com> wrote:
> On Mar 20 14:30, Wayne Porter wrote:

>> Ok, I have uploaded the files to the location here: http://wayneng.x10host.com/
>> Going to the url will show a list of all the files and you can wget
>> them directly
>> from there. Let me know if you have any issues downloading.
>
> Works, but the procps-ng-3.3.9-1-src.tar.xz and procps-ng-3.3.9-1.tar.xz
> files are invalid xz archives.  The other files are ok (and look good
> packaging-wise).  Can you reupload those two files, please?
>

> Thanks,
> Corinna
>
> --
> Cygwin Maintainer                 cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
> Red Hat

I have uploaded them again.

Wayne

* Re: [ITP] procps-ng
@ 2016-03-21 12:05               ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2016-03-21 12:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On Mar 20 14:46, Wayne Porter wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 20, 2016 at 2:40 PM, Corinna Vinschen
> <corinna-cygwin@cygwin.com> wrote:

> >> Ok, I have uploaded the files to the location here: http://wayneng.x10host.com/
> >> Going to the url will show a list of all the files and you can wget
> >> them directly
> >> from there. Let me know if you have any issues downloading.
> >
> > Works, but the procps-ng-3.3.9-1-src.tar.xz and procps-ng-3.3.9-1.tar.xz
> > files are invalid xz archives.  The other files are ok (and look good
> > packaging-wise).  Can you reupload those two files, please?
> >

> > Thanks,
> > Corinna
> >
> > --
> > Corinna Vinschen                  Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
> > Cygwin Maintainer                 cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
> > Red Hat
>

> I have uploaded them again.

Thanks.  I noticed that you updated to 3.3.10 in the meantime, so I
inspected only those.  Packaging looks mostly fine with two exceptions:

- Where's procps?  It seems to have gone amiss somehow...

- The man3 man pages should be packaged with the libproc-ng-devel
  package.

With these fixes I think the package is fine.  If you create the 32 bit
packages and send your ssh key per

  https://sourceware.org/cygwin-apps/package-upload.html

you are good to go after a final review.

Thanks,
Corinna

Red Hat

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: [ITP] procps-ng
@ 2016-03-21 13:06                 ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2016-03-21 13:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On Mar 21 10:40, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Mar 20 14:46, Wayne Porter wrote:
> > On Sun, Mar 20, 2016 at 2:40 PM, Corinna Vinschen
> > <corinna-cygwin@cygwin.com> wrote:

> > > Works, but the procps-ng-3.3.9-1-src.tar.xz and procps-ng-3.3.9-1.tar.xz
> > > files are invalid xz archives.  The other files are ok (and look good
> > > packaging-wise).  Can you reupload those two files, please?
> > >

> > > Thanks,
> > > Corinna
> > >
> > > --
> > > Corinna Vinschen                  Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
> > > Cygwin Maintainer                 cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
> > > Red Hat
> >

> > I have uploaded them again.
>
> Thanks.  I noticed that you updated to 3.3.10 in the meantime, so I
> inspected only those.  Packaging looks mostly fine with two exceptions:
>
> - Where's procps?  It seems to have gone amiss somehow...
>
> - The man3 man pages should be packaged with the libproc-ng-devel
>   package.
>
> With these fixes I think the package is fine.  If you create the 32 bit
> packages and send your ssh key per
>
>   https://sourceware.org/cygwin-apps/package-upload.html
>
> you are good to go after a final review.

Except, can you please add the following line to your cygport file:

  procps_ng_OBSOLETES="procps"

This will generate the package files for procps as well.

Thanks,
Corinna

Red Hat

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: [ITP] procps-ng
@ 2016-03-21 21:01                   ` Wayne Porter
From: Wayne Porter @ 2016-03-21 21:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On Mon, Mar 21, 2016 at 3:54 AM, Corinna Vinschen
<corinna-cygwin@cygwin.com> wrote:
> On Mar 21 10:40, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>> On Mar 20 14:46, Wayne Porter wrote:

>> > I have uploaded them again.
>>
>> Thanks.  I noticed that you updated to 3.3.10 in the meantime, so I
>> inspected only those.  Packaging looks mostly fine with two exceptions:
>>
>> - Where's procps?  It seems to have gone amiss somehow...

I had a typo in the transform that left it as pscommand.exe. Thanks
for catching that.

>> - The man3 man pages should be packaged with the libproc-ng-devel
>>   package.
>>
>> With these fixes I think the package is fine.  If you create the 32 bit
>> packages and send your ssh key per
>>
>>   https://sourceware.org/cygwin-apps/package-upload.html
>>
>> you are good to go after a final review.
>
> Except, can you please add the following line to your cygport file:
>
>   procps_ng_OBSOLETES="procps"
>
> This will generate the package files for procps as well.
>

> Thanks,
> Corinna
>
> --
> Cygwin Maintainer                 cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
> Red Hat

There is now a 32 and 64 bit folder with the corresponding packages
available with all the fixes you recommended.

--
Wayne Porter

* Re: [ITP] procps-ng
@ 2016-03-22 12:32                     ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2016-03-22 12:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On Mar 21 10:59, Wayne Porter wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 21, 2016 at 3:54 AM, Corinna Vinschen
> <corinna-cygwin@cygwin.com> wrote:
> > On Mar 21 10:40, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> >> - Where's procps?  It seems to have gone amiss somehow...
>
> I had a typo in the transform that left it as pscommand.exe. Thanks
> for catching that.
>

> >> - The man3 man pages should be packaged with the libproc-ng-devel
> >>   package.
> >>
> >> With these fixes I think the package is fine.  If you create the 32 bit
> >> packages and send your ssh key per
> >>
> >>   https://sourceware.org/cygwin-apps/package-upload.html
> >>
> >> you are good to go after a final review.
> >
> > Except, can you please add the following line to your cygport file:
> >
> >   procps_ng_OBSOLETES="procps"
> >
> > This will generate the package files for procps as well.
>
> There is now a 32 and 64 bit folder with the corresponding packages
> available with all the fixes you recommended.

wget -r on your site downloaded only a limited number of packages.
Namely the devel and debuginfo packages were missing.  Same for the
obsoleting procps package files.

Can you please, please provide *direct* download links to the files
which allows *easy* reviewing without having to hunt down the files
for review?

Thank you,
Corinna

Red Hat

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: [ITP] procps-ng
@ 2016-03-22 13:46                       ` Marco Atzeri
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2016-03-22 13:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 22/03/2016 10:38, Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> Can you please, please provide *direct* download links to the files
> which allows *easy* reviewing without having to hunt down the files
> for review?
>

> Thank you,
> Corinna

This seems effective

wget -r -np http://wayneng.x10host.com/procps-ng-3.3.10-1/x86_64
wget -r -np http://wayneng.x10host.com/procps-ng-3.3.10-1/i686

Regards
Marco

* Re: [ITP] procps-ng
@ 2016-03-22 15:14                         ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2016-03-22 15:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On Mar 22 12:15, Marco Atzeri wrote:
> On 22/03/2016 10:38, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> >
> >Can you please, please provide *direct* download links to the files
> >which allows *easy* reviewing without having to hunt down the files
> >for review?
> >

> >Thank you,
> >Corinna
> >

> This seems effective
>
> wget -r -np http://wayneng.x10host.com/procps-ng-3.3.10-1/x86_64
> wget -r -np http://wayneng.x10host.com/procps-ng-3.3.10-1/i686

Thank, that worked.  Unfortunately there are still two problems:

- On x86_64 the libprocps-ng4 and libprocps-ng-devel packages are missing.

- On x86, the man3 pages are in libprocps-ng4 now, but they belong into
  libprocps-ng-devel.

Everything else looks good.

Thanks,
Corinna

Red Hat

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: [ITP] procps-ng
@ 2016-03-22 15:16                           ` Marco Atzeri
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2016-03-22 15:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 22/03/2016 14:46, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Mar 22 12:15, Marco Atzeri wrote:
>> On 22/03/2016 10:38, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>>>
>>> Can you please, please provide *direct* download links to the files
>>> which allows *easy* reviewing without having to hunt down the files
>>> for review?
>>>

>>> Thank you,
>>> Corinna
>>>

>> This seems effective
>>
>> wget -r -np http://wayneng.x10host.com/procps-ng-3.3.10-1/x86_64
>> wget -r -np http://wayneng.x10host.com/procps-ng-3.3.10-1/i686
>
> Thank, that worked.  Unfortunately there are still two problems:
>
> - On x86_64 the libprocps-ng4 and libprocps-ng-devel packages are missing.

Are you sure ?

$ tar -tf libprocps-ng4/libprocps-ng4-3.3.10-1.tar.xz
usr/bin/cygprocps-4.dll
usr/share/man/man3/
usr/share/man/man3/openproc.3.gz
usr/share/man/man3/readproc.3.gz
usr/share/man/man3/readproctab.3.gz

$ tar -tf ./libprocps-ng-devel/libprocps-ng-devel-3.3.10-1.tar.xz
usr/include/
usr/include/proc/
usr/include/proc/alloc.h
..
usr/lib/pkgconfig/libprocps.pc

> - On x86, the man3 pages are in libprocps-ng4 now, but they belong into
>    libprocps-ng-devel.

yes I noticed ;-)

> Everything else looks good.
>

> Thanks,
> Corinna

* Re: [ITP] procps-ng
@ 2016-03-22 16:03                             ` Chris Sutcliffe
From: Chris Sutcliffe @ 2016-03-22 16:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cygwin-apps

On 22 March 2016 at 10:58, Marco Atzeri wrote:

> On 22/03/2016 14:46, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>>
>> - On x86_64 the libprocps-ng4 and libprocps-ng-devel packages are missing.
>
> Are you sure ?
>
> $ tar -tf libprocps-ng4/libprocps-ng4-3.3.10-1.tar.xz
> usr/bin/cygprocps-4.dll
> usr/share/man/man3/
> usr/share/man/man3/openproc.3.gz
> usr/share/man/man3/readproc.3.gz
> usr/share/man/man3/readproctab.3.gz
>

> $ tar -tf ./libprocps-ng-devel/libprocps-ng-devel-3.3.10-1.tar.xz
> usr/include/
> usr/include/proc/
> usr/include/proc/alloc.h
> ..
> usr/lib/pkgconfig/libprocps.pc

Yes, the libprocps-ng4 and libprocgs-ng-devel directories are missing
in the x86_64 directory. They are present in the i686 directory.

Cheers,

Chris

--
Chris Sutcliffe

* Re: [ITP] procps-ng
@ 2016-03-22 18:06                               ` Wayne Porter
From: Wayne Porter @ 2016-03-22 18:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On Tue, Mar 22, 2016 at 8:14 AM, Chris Sutcliffe <ir0nh34d@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 22 March 2016 at 10:58, Marco Atzeri wrote:
>>
>> On 22/03/2016 14:46, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>>>
>>> - On x86_64 the libprocps-ng4 and libprocps-ng-devel packages are missing.
>>
>> Are you sure ?
>>
>> $ tar -tf libprocps-ng4/libprocps-ng4-3.3.10-1.tar.xz
>> usr/bin/cygprocps-4.dll
>> usr/share/man/man3/
>> usr/share/man/man3/openproc.3.gz
>> usr/share/man/man3/readproc.3.gz
>> usr/share/man/man3/readproctab.3.gz
>>

>> $ tar -tf ./libprocps-ng-devel/libprocps-ng-devel-3.3.10-1.tar.xz
>> usr/include/
>> usr/include/proc/
>> usr/include/proc/alloc.h
>> ..
>> usr/lib/pkgconfig/libprocps.pc
>
> Yes, the libprocps-ng4 and libprocgs-ng-devel directories are missing
> in the x86_64 directory. They are present in the i686 directory.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Chris
>
> --
> Chris Sutcliffe

wget requires that you end the url with a slash in order to download properly.

wget -r -np http://wayneng.x10host.com/procps-ng-3.3.10-1/x86_64/
wget -r -np http://wayneng.x10host.com/procps-ng-3.3.10-1/i686/

These 2 work, but remove the slash on the end and it will complain
that libprocps-ng4 is not a directory.

--
Wayne Porter

* Re: [ITP] procps-ng
@ 2016-03-22 18:12                                 ` Chris Sutcliffe
From: Chris Sutcliffe @ 2016-03-22 18:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cygwin-apps

On 22 March 2016 at 13:43, Wayne Porter wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 22, 2016 at 8:14 AM, Chris Sutcliffe wrote:
>> Yes, the libprocps-ng4 and libprocgs-ng-devel directories are missing
>> in the x86_64 directory. They are present in the i686 directory.
>
> wget requires that you end the url with a slash in order to download properly.
>
> wget -r -np http://wayneng.x10host.com/procps-ng-3.3.10-1/x86_64/
> wget -r -np http://wayneng.x10host.com/procps-ng-3.3.10-1/i686/
>
> These 2 work, but remove the slash on the end and it will complain
> that libprocps-ng4 is not a directory.

Good catch, with the trailing slash all the files were downloaded.

Cheers,

Chris

--
Chris Sutcliffe

* Re: [ITP] procps-ng
@ 2016-03-22 21:00                                   ` Wayne Porter
From: Wayne Porter @ 2016-03-22 21:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On Tue, Mar 22, 2016 at 11:02 AM, Chris Sutcliffe <ir0nh34d@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 22 March 2016 at 13:43, Wayne Porter wrote:
>> On Tue, Mar 22, 2016 at 8:14 AM, Chris Sutcliffe wrote:
>>> Yes, the libprocps-ng4 and libprocgs-ng-devel directories are missing
>>> in the x86_64 directory. They are present in the i686 directory.
>>
>> wget requires that you end the url with a slash in order to download properly.
>>
>> wget -r -np http://wayneng.x10host.com/procps-ng-3.3.10-1/x86_64/
>> wget -r -np http://wayneng.x10host.com/procps-ng-3.3.10-1/i686/
>>
>> These 2 work, but remove the slash on the end and it will complain
>> that libprocps-ng4 is not a directory.
>
> Good catch, with the trailing slash all the files were downloaded.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Chris
>
> --
> Chris Sutcliffe

Ok, I just moved the man3 pages around to the libdev package. They
should hopefully be correct now.

--
Wayne Porter

* Re: [ITP] procps-ng