public inbox for cygwin-apps@cygwin.com
* [Bug] File permissions across domains
@ 2018-04-10 16:47 Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2018-04-10 16:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

We're in the midst of switching to a different LDAP domain
organisation.  All my accounts still arein the old domain and that leads
to problems when lookking at shares from a mchine in the new domain:

(1027)/mnt/upload > touch bla
(1027)/mnt/upload > getfacl bla
# file: bla
# owner: OLD+gratz
# group: OLD+Domain Users
user::---
group::---
group:OLD+cygwinupload:rwx
mask:rwx
other:---

(1028)/mnt/upload > ls -l bla
----rwx---+ 1 OLD+gratz OLD+Domain Users 0 Apr 10 14:41 bla

So Cygwin correctly figures that I'm the owner of the file, but fails to
translate my access rights (via group OLD+cygwinupload) into the owner
part of the modes like it does when I look at the same file from a
machine in the old domain.  That in turn confuse sprograms that check
the modes before the ACL (like Git) to tell me that I can't access the
files (or that there is no repository in the case of Git).

Regards,
Achim.

* Re: [Bug] File permissions across domains
@ 2018-04-11  7:03 ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2018-04-11  7:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin; +Cc: cygwin-apps