public inbox for cygwin-apps@cygwin.com
* Please remove a tag 'playground' accidentally pushed to git/cygwin-packages/schroedinger-coordgenlibs.git
@ 2021-09-19 23:18 Lemures Lemniscati
From: Lemures Lemniscati @ 2021-09-19 23:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Hi!

I've accidentally pushed a tag named 'playground' to the repository
ssh://cygwin.com/git/cygwin-packages/schroedinger-coordgenlibs
( https://cygwin.com/git/?p=git/cygwin-packages/schroedinger-coordgenlibs.git )

Anyone with the privilege, please remove the tag 'playground' from the
repo above.

Thank you, in advance.

Lem

* Re: Please remove a tag 'playground' accidentally pushed to git/cygwin-packages/schroedinger-coordgenlibs.git
@ 2021-09-20  5:50 ` ASSI
From: ASSI @ 2021-09-20  5:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Lemures Lemniscati via Cygwin-apps writes:
> I've accidentally pushed a tag named 'playground' to the repository
> ssh://cygwin.com/git/cygwin-packages/schroedinger-coordgenlibs
> ( https://cygwin.com/git/?p=git/cygwin-packages/schroedinger-coordgenlibs.git )
>
> Anyone with the privilege, please remove the tag 'playground' from the
> repo above.

Just

git push repo :playground

where "repo" names the corresponding remote.

Regards,
Achim.

* Re: Please remove a tag 'playground' accidentally pushed to git/cygwin-packages/schroedinger-coordgenlibs.git
@ 2021-09-20  6:24   ` Lemures Lemniscati
From: Lemures Lemniscati @ 2021-09-20  6:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On Mon, 20 Sep 2021 07:50:29 +0200, ASSI
> Lemures Lemniscati via Cygwin-apps writes:
> > I've accidentally pushed a tag named 'playground' to the repository
> > ssh://cygwin.com/git/cygwin-packages/schroedinger-coordgenlibs
> > ( https://cygwin.com/git/?p=git/cygwin-packages/schroedinger-coordgenlibs.git )
> >
> > Anyone with the privilege, please remove the tag 'playground' from the
> > repo above.
>
> Just
>
> git push repo :playground
>
> where "repo" names the corresponding remote.

Thanks.
But, I tried it, and failed.

--------
$ git push repo :playground
remote: FATAL: + refs/tags/playground git/cygwin-packages/schroedinger-coordgenlibs Lemures_Lemniscati DENIED by fallthru
remote: error: hook declined to update refs/tags/playground
To ssh://cygwin.com/git/cygwin-packages/schroedinger-coordgenlibs
 ! [remote rejected] playground (hook declined)
error: failed to push some refs to 'ssh://cygwin.com/git/cygwin-packages/schroedinger-coordgenlibs'
--------

I tried also...

  git push repo --delete playground

and the result was same.

I think I need help.

Regards,

@ 2021-09-20 11:48     ` Jon Turney
From: Jon Turney @ 2021-09-20 11:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 20/09/2021 07:24, Lemures Lemniscati via Cygwin-apps wrote:
> On Mon, 20 Sep 2021 07:50:29 +0200, ASSI
>> Lemures Lemniscati via Cygwin-apps writes:
>>> I've accidentally pushed a tag named 'playground' to the repository
>>> ssh://cygwin.com/git/cygwin-packages/schroedinger-coordgenlibs
>>> ( https://cygwin.com/git/?p=git/cygwin-packages/schroedinger-coordgenlibs.git )
>>>
>>> Anyone with the privilege, please remove the tag 'playground' from the
>>> repo above.
>>
>> Just
>>
>> git push repo :playground

For somewhat obscure reasons, this is only permitted (by the gitolite
configuration used) if 'playground' is a branch reference, not a tag.

>> where "repo" names the corresponding remote.
>>

> Thanks.
> But, I tried it, and failed.
>
> --------
> $ git push repo :playground
> remote: FATAL: + refs/tags/playground git/cygwin-packages/schroedinger-coordgenlibs Lemures_Lemniscati DENIED by fallthru
> remote: error: hook declined to update refs/tags/playground
> To ssh://cygwin.com/git/cygwin-packages/schroedinger-coordgenlibs
>   ! [remote rejected] playground (hook declined)
> error: failed to push some refs to 'ssh://cygwin.com/git/cygwin-packages/schroedinger-coordgenlibs'
> --------
>
> I tried also...
>
>    git push repo --delete playground
>
> and the result was same.
>

> I think I need help.

I've removed the tag for you.

* Re: Please remove a tag 'playground' accidentally pushed to git/cygwin-packages/schroedinger-coordgenlibs.git
@ 2021-09-20 12:41       ` Lemures Lemniscati
From: Lemures Lemniscati @ 2021-09-20 12:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On Mon, 20 Sep 2021 12:48:31 +0100, Jon Turney
> On 20/09/2021 07:24, Lemures Lemniscati via Cygwin-apps wrote:

> >> Just
> >> git push repo :playground
> >>
> For somewhat obscure reasons, this is only permitted (by the gitolite configuration used) if 'playground' is a branch reference, not a tag.
>
> I've removed the tag for you.

Thank you very much, Jon.

Lem