public inbox for cygwin-apps@cygwin.com
* [ITP] libmspack 0.9
@ 2018-12-04 11:08 Stuart Caie
From: Stuart Caie @ 2018-12-04 11:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

libmspack is a portable library for some loosely related Microsoft
compression formats.

It is the library that powers cabextract. I'm the author of both and the
current Cygwin maintainer of cabextract, but not libmspack.

With the most recent cabextract/libmspack releases, I prepared and
uploaded new versions of both cabextract and libmspack, but only my
cabextract release was accepted.

I wrote to the current maintaner, Yaakov Selkowitz, and he let me know I
need to formally ITA libmspack. He gives his permission, pending review.

Yaakov has been using https://github.com/cygwinports/libmspack

I will be using
https://github.com/kyz/libmspack/blob/master/libmspack/libmspack.cygport
- no patch needed, it's now in the main source
- no custom src_test() needed, libmspack now has a standard "make check"
testsuite

Regards
Stuart

* Re: [ITP] libmspack 0.9
@ 2018-12-04 17:41 ` Marco Atzeri
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2018-12-04 17:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Am 04.12.2018 um 12:07 schrieb Stuart Caie:
> libmspack is a portable library for some loosely related Microsoft
> compression formats.
>
> It is the library that powers cabextract. I'm the author of both and the
> current Cygwin maintainer of cabextract, but not libmspack.
>
> With the most recent cabextract/libmspack releases, I prepared and
> uploaded new versions of both cabextract and libmspack, but only my
> cabextract release was accepted.
>
> I wrote to the current maintaner, Yaakov Selkowitz, and he let me know I
> need to formally ITA libmspack. He gives his permission, pending review.
>
> Yaakov has been using https://github.com/cygwinports/libmspack
>
> I will be using
> https://github.com/kyz/libmspack/blob/master/libmspack/libmspack.cygport
> - no patch needed, it's now in the main source
> - no custom src_test() needed, libmspack now has a standard "make check"
> testsuite
>
> Regards
> Stuart

Hi Stuart,
it builds fine and passes the test, however you should change from

libmspack0_CONTENTS="usr/bin/cygmspack-0.dll usr/share/doc/"
libmspack_devel_CONTENTS="usr/include/ usr/lib/"

libmspack0_CONTENTS="usr/bin/cygmspack-0.dll"
libmspack_devel_CONTENTS="usr/include/ usr/lib/ usr/share/doc/"

as the shared library package should contain only the library.

except that GTG from me.

Yaakov,
can you confirm the change of maintainer ?

Regards
Marco

---

* Re: [ITP] libmspack 0.9
@ 2018-12-06  2:17   ` Yaakov Selkowitz
From: Yaakov Selkowitz @ 2018-12-06  2:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On Tue, 2018-12-04 at 18:41 +0100, Marco Atzeri wrote:
> Yaakov,
> can you confirm the change of maintainer ?

Ack.

--
Yaakov Selkowitz
Senior Software Engineer - Platform Enablement

* Re: [ITP] libmspack 0.9
@ 2018-12-06  7:25     ` Marco Atzeri
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2018-12-06  7:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Am 06.12.2018 um 03:17 schrieb Yaakov Selkowitz:
> On Tue, 2018-12-04 at 18:41 +0100, Marco Atzeri wrote:
>> Yaakov,
>> can you confirm the change of maintainer ?
>
> Ack.

updated cygwin-pkg-maint.

Stuart,
you can upload