public inbox for cygwin-apps@cygwin.com
* [PR] cygport (update required for autoconf-2.71)
@ 2021-12-05  9:34 Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2021-12-05  9:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

In order for cygport to work correctly when autoconf 2.71 is requested,
please pull the first commit (b25cb3faa) on my to-upstream branch into
upstream and release a new version.  I'd appreciate if the full branch
would be pulled, these are all used by me for quite some time already.

e33b0b7f1 * to-upstream lib/src_install.cygpart: make_etc_defaults, create diff if files aren't matching
e8c309317 * allow for different package compression types and implement ZStandard decompression
2c965ecf2 * bin/cygport.in, lib/help.cygpart: implement --jobs/-j N option to specify number of jobs to use
7288020d1 * bin/cygport.in: make system-wide defaults overrideable by user defaults and provice ability to change initial MAKEOPTS via CYGPORT_MAKEOPTS
385512226 * lib/src_prep.cygpart: determine and deal correctly with another type of checksum
55d95d676 * lib/src_prep.cygpart: process various checksum digests
ff9c374bd * lib/pkg_info.cygport: implement automatic determination of the appropriate perl5_0xy requirement
d860387e4 * lib/pkg_pkg: allow suppression of spurious package dependencies
7fc3c4951 * lib/pkg_pkg.cygpart: stop generating packages for obsoletions
6a06d9ef5 * cygclass/perl.cygclass: do not clobber HOMEPAGE and provide a correct default
210b16fa8 * cygclass/git.cygclass: use shallow clones for branches and tags also
b25cb3faa * cygclass/autotools.cygclass: recognize WANT_AUTOCONF=2.7 / autoconf2.7

Regards,
Achim.

* Re: [PR] cygport (update required for autoconf-2.71)
@ 2022-01-02 17:22 ` Marco Atzeri
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2022-01-02 17:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 05.12.2021 10:34, Achim Gratz wrote:

> In order for cygport to work correctly when autoconf 2.71 is requested,
> please pull the first commit (b25cb3faa) on my to-upstream branch into
> upstream and release a new version.  I'd appreciate if the full branch
> would be pulled, these are all used by me for quite some time already.

> Regards,
> Achim.

I see that "officially" Yaakov is still the maintainer

   https://cygwin.com/packages/summary/cygport.html

but I do not remember any commitment from him to do so.

If Yaakov declines, how can we manage the ownership ?

Regards
Marco

* Re: [PR] cygport (update required for autoconf-2.71)
@ 2022-01-02 19:00   ` Ken Brown
From: Ken Brown @ 2022-01-02 19:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 1/2/2022 12:22 PM, Marco Atzeri wrote:
> On 05.12.2021 10:34, Achim Gratz wrote:
>>
>> In order for cygport to work correctly when autoconf 2.71 is requested,
>> please pull the first commit (b25cb3faa) on my to-upstream branch into
>> upstream and release a new version.  I'd appreciate if the full branch
>> would be pulled, these are all used by me for quite some time already.

>> Regards,
>> Achim.
>
> I see that "officially" Yaakov is still the maintainer
>
>    https://cygwin.com/packages/summary/cygport.html
>
> but I do not remember any commitment from him to do so.
>
> If Yaakov declines, how can we manage the ownership ?

There was a discussion on IRC in which Jon Turney agreed to take over.

Ken