public inbox for cygwin-apps@cygwin.com
* [ATTN. MAINTAINER] units
@ 2024-03-04 19:54 ASSI
From: ASSI @ 2024-03-04 19:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

The postinstall script for units downloads currency exchange rates and
hangs up for a long time if it can't access the server (if it ever
finishes, I've killed the process on all machines where I've seen this).
Can this part please either be removed entirely or moved into a
sub-package that doen't get installed by default?

Regards,
Achim.

Samples for the Waldorf Blofeld:

* Re: [ATTN. MAINTAINER] units
@ 2024-03-04 21:54 ` Brian Inglis
From: Brian Inglis @ 2024-03-04 21:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 2024-03-04 12:54, ASSI via Cygwin-apps wrote:
> The postinstall script for units downloads currency exchange rates and
> hangs up for a long time if it can't access the server (if it ever
> finishes, I've killed the process on all machines where I've seen this).
> Can this part please either be removed entirely or moved into a
> sub-package that doen't get installed by default?

Hi Achim,

Sorry I thought I had dropped that in favour of mentioning it in release notes.

I know some sources have changed so may again be causing an issue.
I will review and release -2 when I get a chance so I do not forget in future.

Can anyone recommend robust tests for network and also site access that I could
add?

                                 -- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry