public inbox for cygwin-apps@cygwin.com
* [ITP] minisign 0.10
@ 2022-10-08 13:52 Chad Dougherty
From: Chad Dougherty @ 2022-10-08 13:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Hello,

I'm interested in becoming a package maintainer for minisign:
https://jedisct1.github.io/minisign/

I suspect the mailing list was blocking my original announcement about
this so I have put all of the relevant information in the README here:
https://github.com/crd477/cygports/blob/main/minisign/README.md

Thanks, and take care...

--
       -Chad

* Re: [ITP] minisign 0.10
@ 2022-10-09 14:33 ` Jon Turney
From: Jon Turney @ 2022-10-09 14:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chad Dougherty, cygwin-apps

On 08/10/2022 14:52, Chad Dougherty wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm interested in becoming a package maintainer for minisign:
> https://jedisct1.github.io/minisign/
>
> I suspect the mailing list was blocking my original announcement about
> this so I have put all of the relevant information in the README here:
> https://github.com/crd477/cygports/blob/main/minisign/README.md
>
> Thanks, and take care...

Thanks.

I think I'd like to be using minisign to sign setup.ini for Cygwin's
setup, rather than the accident waiting to happen which is libgpg, but
that's a whole other project...

Comments I made about rsync.cygport on REQUIRES and src_compile() also
apply here.

> src_install() {
>   cd ${B}
>   cyginstall
> }

I think this is the same as the default src_install, so can be omitted?

* Re: [ITP] minisign 0.10
@ 2022-10-09 15:09   ` Chad Dougherty
From: Chad Dougherty @ 2022-10-09 15:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jon Turney, cygwin-apps

On 2022-10-09 10:33, Jon Turney wrote:
> Thanks.
>
> I think I'd like to be using minisign to sign setup.ini for Cygwin's
> setup, rather than the accident waiting to happen which is libgpg, but
> that's a whole other project...

I admit that was an ulterior motive but I also recognize there's a whole
lot more to it :)

I've used minisign to verify a few other things and I thought it would
be another good exercise for me to get my feet wet on the packaging process.

> Comments I made about rsync.cygport on REQUIRES and src_compile() also
> apply here.

Ah, I think I understand better now.  I'll address the rsync update soon.

In the case of minisign, it uses CMake and needed to invoke cygcmake,
that's why I left src_compile() there.  Is that wrong?  It didn't
compile with that commented out even though I inherit cmake.

>> src_install() {
>>   cd ${B}
>>   cyginstall
>> }
>
> I think this is the same as the default src_install, so can be omitted?

Yep.

--
     -Chad

* Re: [ITP] minisign 0.10
@ 2022-10-09 16:05     ` Chad Dougherty
From: Chad Dougherty @ 2022-10-09 16:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jon Turney, cygwin-apps

On 2022-10-09 11:09, Chad Dougherty wrote:
> In the case of minisign, it uses CMake and needed to invoke cygcmake,
> that's why I left src_compile() there.  Is that wrong?  It didn't
> compile with that commented out even though I inherit cmake.

Err, disregard this.  I failed to understand CYGCMAKE_GENERATOR.
Fixed in my working repo:
https://github.com/crd477/cygports/tree/main/minisign

--
     -Chad

* Re: [ITP] minisign 0.10
@ 2022-10-10 13:42       ` Jon Turney
From: Jon Turney @ 2022-10-10 13:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chad Dougherty, cygwin-apps

On 09/10/2022 17:05, Chad Dougherty wrote:
> On 2022-10-09 11:09, Chad Dougherty wrote:
>> In the case of minisign, it uses CMake and needed to invoke cygcmake,
>> that's why I left src_compile() there.  Is that wrong?  It didn't
>> compile with that commented out even though I inherit cmake.
>>

> Err, disregard this.  I failed to understand CYGCMAKE_GENERATOR.
> Fixed in my working repo:
> https://github.com/crd477/cygports/tree/main/minisign

Looks good.

Please supply an ssh key as per [1]