public inbox for cygwin-apps@cygwin.com
From: Jon Turney <jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk>
To: Marco Atzeri <marco.atzeri@gmail.com>
Cc: cygwin-apps@cygwin.com
Subject: Re: calm now runs on-demand
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2024 23:46:55 +0100	[thread overview]

On 01/07/2017 15:22, Jon Turney wrote:
> On 01/07/2017 15:14, Marco Atzeri wrote:

calm now (finally) detects when changes have been made in the relarea
via inotify, so this manual step is no longer required.

So, if you have shell access, and you make changes directly in the
relarea, calm should now notice, reread it, and update the setup.ini
package manifest automatically, without you needing to explicitly
request that (or wait until the next scheduled rescan, if you can't
request it due to the permission problem identified below...)