public inbox for cygwin-apps@cygwin.com
* Request for perl-Archive-Extract
@ 2016-09-28 18:01 David Stacey
From: David Stacey @ 2016-09-28 18:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Achim,

Please could you add Archive::Extract when you next update a batch of
Perl modules. I've attached a cygport file, which you might find helpful
as a starting point. If you'd prefer not to maintain this yourself then
let me know and I'll submit an ITP.

Many thanks in advance,

Dave.

[-- Attachment #2: perl-Archive-Extract.cygport --]
[-- Type: text/plain, Size: 662 bytes --]

# perl-Archive-Extract.cygport
NAME="perl-Archive-Extract"
VERSION="0.76"
RELEASE="1"
CPAN_AUTHOR="BINGOS"
SUMMARY="Generic archive extracting mechanism"
DESCRIPTION="Archive::Extract is a generic archive extraction mechanism. It allows you to extract any archive file of the type .tar, .tar.gz, .gz, .Z, tar.bz2, .tbz, .bz2, .zip, .xz,, .txz, .tar.xz, or .lzma without having to worry how it does so, or use different interfaces for each type by using either perl modules, or command-line tools on your system."
ARCH=noarch

# This perl module invokes several archiving programmes on the command line.
REQUIRES="tar unzip gzip bzip2 ncompress xz"

inherit perl

* Re: Request for perl-Archive-Extract
@ 2016-09-28 18:32 ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2016-09-28 18:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

David Stacey writes:
> Please could you add Archive::Extract when you next update a batch of
> Perl modules. I've attached a cygport file, which you might find
> helpful as a starting point. If you'd prefer not to maintain this
> yourself then let me know and I'll submit an ITP.

I automatically generate all cygport files for Perl distributions…  I
have that one already locally, so it's not much work to add to Cygwin,
but may I ask what do you need it for?

> # This perl module invokes several archiving programmes on the command line.
> REQUIRES="tar unzip gzip bzip2 ncompress xz"

The module works just fine without any of these installed, giving a
warning about the missing compression utilities when it hits them, so
I'd rather not pull in all these requirements.

Regards,
Achim.

* Re: Request for perl-Archive-Extract
@ 2016-09-28 21:15   ` David Stacey
From: David Stacey @ 2016-09-28 21:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 28/09/16 19:32, Achim Gratz wrote:
> David Stacey writes:
>> Please could you add Archive::Extract when you next update a batch of
>> Perl modules. I've attached a cygport file, which you might find
>> helpful as a starting point. If you'd prefer not to maintain this
>> yourself then let me know and I'll submit an ITP.
> I automatically generate all cygport files for Perl distributions…  I
> have that one already locally, so it's not much work to add to Cygwin,
> but may I ask what do you need it for?

The company I'm working for at the moment needs it for an internal
script that they're developing. I've made a package for them using the
cygport file I e-mailed earlier. However, I'd rather the package was
available in the main repo (even if I have to maintain that package
myself) because then I don't have to add any additional packages to the
stock Cygwin that I download. Plus then the rest of the Cygwin community
can benefit from it!

Do I take it that you'd be happy to maintain the package, or would you
prefer me to submit an ITP?

Dave.

* Re: Request for perl-Archive-Extract
@ 2016-09-29 18:42     ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2016-09-29 18:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

David Stacey writes:
> Do I take it that you'd be happy to maintain the package, or would you
> prefer me to submit an ITP?

I'll ITP that, but later.  I'll have to look what else I need to roll up
in that ITP.

Regards,
Achim.

* Re: Request for perl-Archive-Extract
@ 2016-09-29 21:08       ` David Stacey
From: David Stacey @ 2016-09-29 21:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 29/09/16 19:42, Achim Gratz wrote:
> David Stacey writes:
>> Do I take it that you'd be happy to maintain the package, or would you
>> prefer me to submit an ITP?
> I'll ITP that, but later.  I'll have to look what else I need to roll up
> in that ITP.

Thanks very much,

Dave.

* Re: Request for perl-Archive-Extract
@ 2016-10-05 18:57         ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2016-10-05 18:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

David Stacey writes:
> On 29/09/16 19:42, Achim Gratz wrote:
>> I'll ITP that, but later.  I'll have to look what else I need to roll up
>> in that ITP.
>

> Thanks very much,

Done.

Regards,
Achim.

* Re: Request for perl-Archive-Extract
@ 2016-10-05 20:42           ` David Stacey
From: David Stacey @ 2016-10-05 20:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 05/10/16 19:56, Achim Gratz wrote:
> David Stacey writes:
>> On 29/09/16 19:42, Achim Gratz wrote:
>>> I'll ITP that, but later.  I'll have to look what else I need to roll up
>>> in that ITP.
>> Thanks very much,
> Done.

Thank you,