public inbox for cygwin-apps@cygwin.com
* RFP: python3 packages cmarkgfm and commonmark
@ 2020-09-05 15:30 Jari Aalto
From: Jari Aalto @ 2020-09-05 15:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

I wa checking the latest rsync and in order to build it, would someone
package these for cygwin:

    Configure found the following issues:

    - You need python3 and either the cmarkgfm OR commonmark python3 lib in order
      to build man pages based on the git source (man pages are included in the
	official release tar files).

Thanks,
Jari

* Re: RFP: python3 packages cmarkgfm and commonmark
@ 2020-09-05 15:34 ` Jari Aalto
From: Jari Aalto @ 2020-09-05 15:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 2020-09-05 18:30, Jari Aalto wrote:
> I wa checking the latest rsync and in order to build it, would someone
> package these for cygwin:
>
>     Configure found the following issues:
>
>     - You need python3 and either the cmarkgfm OR commonmark python3 lib in order
>       to build man pages based on the git source (man pages are included in the
> 	official release tar files).

I installed python37-conmark but that didn't seem to satisfy configure...

@ 2020-09-05 15:42   ` Ken Brown
From: Ken Brown @ 2020-09-05 15:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 9/5/2020 11:34 AM, Jari Aalto wrote:
> On 2020-09-05 18:30, Jari Aalto wrote:
>> I wa checking the latest rsync and in order to build it, would someone
>> package these for cygwin:
>>
>>      Configure found the following issues:
>>
>>      - You need python3 and either the cmarkgfm OR commonmark python3 lib in order
>>        to build man pages based on the git source (man pages are included in the
>> 	official release tar files).
>
> I installed python37-conmark but that didn't seem to satisfy configure...

Does /usr/bin/python3 resolve to python3.7.exe on your system?  Most likely it
resolves to python3.6m.exe, in which case it's python36-commonmark that you want.

Ken

* Re: RFP: python3 packages cmarkgfm and commonmark
@ 2020-09-05 16:07 ` Marco Atzeri
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2020-09-05 16:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 05.09.2020 17:30, Jari Aalto wrote:
> I wa checking the latest rsync and in order to build it, would someone
> package these for cygwin:
>
>      Configure found the following issues:
>
>      - You need python3 and either the cmarkgfm OR commonmark python3 lib in order
>        to build man pages based on the git source (man pages are included in the
> 	official release tar files).
>
> Thanks,
> Jari

Noted. I will work on it

Regards
Marco

* Re: RFP: python3 packages cmarkgfm and commonmark
@ 2020-09-06  8:14     ` Jari Aalto
From: Jari Aalto @ 2020-09-06  8:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 2020-09-05 11:42, Ken Brown via Cygwin-apps wrote:
> On 9/5/2020 11:34 AM, Jari Aalto wrote:
> > On 2020-09-05 18:30, Jari Aalto wrote:
> > > I wa checking the latest rsync and in order to build it, would someone
> > > package these for cygwin:
> > >
> > >      Configure found the following issues:
> > >
> > >      - You need python3 and either the cmarkgfm OR commonmark python3 lib in order
> > >        to build man pages based on the git source (man pages are included in the
> > > 	official release tar files).
> >
> > I installed python37-conmark but that didn't seem to satisfy configure...
>
> Does /usr/bin/python3 resolve to python3.7.exe on your system?  Most likely
> it resolves to python3.6m.exe, in which case it's python36-commonmark that
> you want.

Oh yes, python3.6m here

@ 2021-01-19  8:08   ` Marco Atzeri
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2021-01-19  8:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 05.09.2020 18:07, Marco Atzeri wrote:
> On 05.09.2020 17:30, Jari Aalto wrote:
>> I wa checking the latest rsync and in order to build it, would someone
>> package these for cygwin:
>>
>>      Configure found the following issues:
>>
>>      - You need python3 and either the cmarkgfm OR commonmark python3
>> lib in order
>>        to build man pages based on the git source (man pages are
>> included in the
>>     official release tar files).
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Jari
>>

> Noted. I will work on it
>
> Regards
> Marco

Just preparing both cmark 0.29.0-1 and python-commonmark 0.9.1-1

as they were providing colliding

  /usr/bin/cmark{,.exe}

I plan to let it for the cmark package and rename
the python version like fedora as

/usr/bin/python-CommonMark

any objection or different preference ?

Regards
Marco

* Re: RFP: python3 packages cmarkgfm and commonmark
@ 2021-01-20  8:16     ` Marco Atzeri
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2021-01-20  8:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 19.01.2021 09:08, Marco Atzeri wrote:
> On 05.09.2020 18:07, Marco Atzeri wrote:
>> On 05.09.2020 17:30, Jari Aalto wrote:

> Just preparing both cmark 0.29.0-1 and python-commonmark 0.9.1-1
>
> as they were providing colliding
>
>   /usr/bin/cmark{,.exe}
>
> I plan to let it for the cmark package and rename
> the python version like fedora as
>
> /usr/bin/python-CommonMark
>
> any objection or different preference ?
>
> Regards
> Marco

Jari,

both cmark 0.29.0-1 and python-commonmark 0.9.1-1 are ups.
Let me know if you still need cmarkgfm

Regards
Marco