public inbox for cygwin-apps@cygwin.com
* sunrpc dependecies
@ 2015-03-27 15:59 Marco Atzeri
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2015-03-27 15:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Making some cleaning on 32bit, I noticed that
currently sunrpc requires : libtirpc libtirpc-devel

but there is no libtirpc package anymore

I assume the dependency should be libtirpc-common

$ cygcheck -l libtirpc
/etc/defaults/etc/netconfig
/etc/postinstall/libtirpc.sh
/etc/preremove/libtirpc.sh
/usr/share/doc/Cygwin/libtirpc.README
/usr/share/doc/libtirpc/AUTHORS
/usr/share/doc/libtirpc/ChangeLog
/usr/share/doc/libtirpc/COPYING
/usr/share/doc/libtirpc/NEWS
/usr/share/doc/libtirpc/README
/usr/share/doc/libtirpc/THANKS
/usr/share/doc/libtirpc/TODO
/usr/share/man/man5/netconfig.5.gz

$ cygcheck -l libtirpc-common
/etc/defaults/etc/netconfig
/etc/postinstall/libtirpc.sh
/etc/preremove/libtirpc.sh
/usr/share/doc/libtirpc/AUTHORS
/usr/share/doc/libtirpc/ChangeLog
/usr/share/doc/libtirpc/COPYING
/usr/share/doc/libtirpc/NEWS
/usr/share/doc/libtirpc/README
/usr/share/doc/libtirpc/THANKS
/usr/share/doc/libtirpc/TODO
/usr/share/man/man5/netconfig.5.gz

Any objection to change it ?

Regards
Marco

* Re: sunrpc dependecies
@ 2015-03-30  7:22 ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2015-03-30  7:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On Mar 27 16:59, Marco Atzeri wrote:
> Making some cleaning on 32bit, I noticed that
> currently sunrpc requires : libtirpc libtirpc-devel
>
> but there is no libtirpc package anymore
>
> I assume the dependency should be libtirpc-common
>
> $ cygcheck -l libtirpc
> /etc/defaults/etc/netconfig
> /etc/postinstall/libtirpc.sh
> /etc/preremove/libtirpc.sh
> /usr/share/doc/Cygwin/libtirpc.README
> /usr/share/doc/libtirpc/AUTHORS
> /usr/share/doc/libtirpc/ChangeLog
> /usr/share/doc/libtirpc/COPYING
> /usr/share/doc/libtirpc/NEWS
> /usr/share/doc/libtirpc/README
> /usr/share/doc/libtirpc/THANKS
> /usr/share/doc/libtirpc/TODO
> /usr/share/man/man5/netconfig.5.gz
>

> $ cygcheck -l libtirpc-common
> /etc/defaults/etc/netconfig
> /etc/postinstall/libtirpc.sh
> /etc/preremove/libtirpc.sh
> /usr/share/doc/libtirpc/AUTHORS
> /usr/share/doc/libtirpc/ChangeLog
> /usr/share/doc/libtirpc/COPYING
> /usr/share/doc/libtirpc/NEWS
> /usr/share/doc/libtirpc/README
> /usr/share/doc/libtirpc/THANKS
> /usr/share/doc/libtirpc/TODO
> /usr/share/man/man5/netconfig.5.gz
>
> Any objection to change it ?

Not at all.  I had actually thought we'd get rid of sunrpc by now :}

Corinna

Red Hat

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 819 bytes --]

* Re: sunrpc dependecies
@ 2015-03-30  7:47   ` Marco Atzeri
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2015-03-30  7:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

> On Mar 27 16:59, Marco Atzeri wrote:
>> Making some cleaning on 32bit, I noticed that
>> currently sunrpc requires : libtirpc libtirpc-devel
>>
>> but there is no libtirpc package anymore
>>
>> I assume the dependency should be libtirpc-common
>>

>> Any objection to change it ?
>
> Not at all.  I had actually thought we'd get rid of sunrpc by now :}

Done. I should have done the first time...
https://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin/2014-07/msg00239.html

It seems the sunrpc obsolescence is taking more then originally expected
https://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin/2014-01/msg00069.html

nfs-server and the several rpc's
are one area of the discrepancies between 32bti and 64bit version:

libtirpc                 Both      Yaakov Selkowitz
onc-rpc-devel            Both      Pavel Fedin
rpcbind                  64 bit    Pavel Fedin
sunrpc                   32 bit    ORPHANED (Charles Wilson)
nfs-server               32 bit    ORPHANED (Sam Robb)

> Corinna

Regards
Marco