public inbox for cygwin-apps@cygwin.com
* [ITP] Cgreen v1.0.0
@ 2016-05-18 12:41 Thomas Nilsson
From: Thomas Nilsson @ 2016-05-18 12:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Hi!

I'm interested in maintaining the cygwin port of Cgreen, a modern unit
testing and mocking framework for C and C++. I am one of the committers
on that project and have used Cygwin as one of my major development
platforms for many years and wanted to give something back.

Cgreen is on GitHub. We've just released v1.0.0 and have yet to port to
any major platforms although it has continuously been tested on various
Linuxen, Darwin and Cygwin, of course.

Cgreen is distributed under ICS license ("Open BSD").

setup.hint part of cgreen.cygport:
# setup.hint generation
CATEGORY="Devel Utils Libs"

SUMMARY="A modern C and C++ unit testing and mocking framework"

DESCRIPTION="A modern C and C++ unit testing and mocking
framework. Cgreen uses a fluent API for asserts and constraints
which makes writing concise unit tests a breeze. Output for failing
asserts are clear and descriptive. The optional runner will
automatically find all your tests without you having to remember to
add them to the test suite. All in all, awesome for TDD-ing."

Regards,
     Thomas

PS. I've followed the section "Submitting a new package" from this guide
when sending this. I hope that it is up-to-date, otherwise comment or
ask. DS.

* Re: [ITP] Cgreen v1.0.0
@ 2016-05-18 12:49 ` Marco Atzeri
       [not found]   ` <573C6618.7080600@junovagen.se>
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2016-05-18 12:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 18/05/2016 14:41, Thomas Nilsson wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm interested in maintaining the cygwin port of Cgreen, a modern unit
> testing and mocking framework for C and C++. I am one of the committers
> on that project and have used Cygwin as one of my major development
> platforms for many years and wanted to give something back.
>
> Cgreen is on GitHub. We've just released v1.0.0 and have yet to port to
> any major platforms although it has continuously been tested on various
> Linuxen, Darwin and Cygwin, of course.
>
> Cgreen is distributed under ICS license ("Open BSD").
>
> setup.hint part of cgreen.cygport:
> # setup.hint generation
> CATEGORY="Devel Utils Libs"
>
> SUMMARY="A modern C and C++ unit testing and mocking framework"
>
> DESCRIPTION="A modern C and C++ unit testing and mocking
> framework. Cgreen uses a fluent API for asserts and constraints
> which makes writing concise unit tests a breeze. Output for failing
> asserts are clear and descriptive. The optional runner will
> automatically find all your tests without you having to remember to
> add them to the test suite. All in all, awesome for TDD-ing."
>
> Regards,
>     Thomas
>
> PS. I've followed the section "Submitting a new package" from this guide
> when sending this. I hope that it is up-to-date, otherwise comment or
> ask. DS.

we are supposed to review the package (source and binary),
can you provide a link ?

* Re: [ITP] Cgreen v1.0.0
       [not found]   ` <573C6618.7080600@junovagen.se>
@ 2016-05-18 16:16     ` Marco Atzeri
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2016-05-18 16:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 18/05/2016 14:54, Thomas Nilsson wrote:
> Marco Atzeri skrev:
>>

>> On 18/05/2016 14:41, Thomas Nilsson wrote:
>>> Hi!
>>>
>>> I'm interested in maintaining the cygwin port of Cgreen, a modern unit
>>> testing and mocking framework for C and C++. I am one of the committers
>>> on that project and have used Cygwin as one of my major development
>>> platforms for many years and wanted to give something back.
>>>
>>> Cgreen is on GitHub. We've just released v1.0.0 and have yet to port to
>>> any major platforms although it has continuously been tested on various
>>> Linuxen, Darwin and Cygwin, of course.
>>>
>>> Cgreen is distributed under ICS license ("Open BSD").
>>>
>>> setup.hint part of cgreen.cygport:
>>> # setup.hint generation
>>> CATEGORY="Devel Utils Libs"
>>>
>>> SUMMARY="A modern C and C++ unit testing and mocking framework"
>>>
>>> DESCRIPTION="A modern C and C++ unit testing and mocking
>>> framework. Cgreen uses a fluent API for asserts and constraints
>>> which makes writing concise unit tests a breeze. Output for failing
>>> asserts are clear and descriptive. The optional runner will
>>> automatically find all your tests without you having to remember to
>>> add them to the test suite. All in all, awesome for TDD-ing."
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Thomas
>>>
>>> PS. I've followed the section "Submitting a new package" from this guide
>>> when sending this. I hope that it is up-to-date, otherwise comment or
>>> ask. DS.
>>

>> we are supposed to review the package (source and binary),
>> can you provide a link ?
>>

> The guide at https://cygwin.com/setup.html#submitting was not clear if
> the voting needs to be before submitting or not.
>
> Ok, I'll provide a link as soon as I've uploaded them somewhere.
>
> Thanks,
>     Thomas

on the mailing list please.

I missed the point that it was NOT already available in any major
linux distro,

* Re: [ITP] Cgreen v1.0.0
@ 2016-05-18 18:34       ` Thomas Nilsson
From: Thomas Nilsson @ 2016-05-18 18:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Marco Atzeri skrev:
> On 18/05/2016 14:54, Thomas Nilsson wrote:
>> Marco Atzeri skrev:

>>> we are supposed to review the package (source and binary),
>>> can you provide a link ?
>>>

>> The guide at https://cygwin.com/setup.html#submitting was not clear if
>> the voting needs to be before submitting or not.
>>
>> Ok, I'll provide a link as soon as I've uploaded them somewhere.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Thomas
>

> on the mailing list please.
>
> I missed the point that it was NOT already available in any major
> linux distro,

Link to packages:

ftp://vpn.responsive.se/cgreen-1.0.0-1.x86_64/dist/cgreen/

(Anonymous login)

I'll provide 32-bit versions also.

If anyone needs instructions for a quick test, just shout.

Hoping for some GTG votes ;-)