public inbox for cygwin-apps@cygwin.com
* [ITP] dumpasn1
@ 2022-05-11 19:20 Federico Kircheis
From: Federico Kircheis @ 2022-05-11 19:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Hello to everyone,

I'm interested in becoming a package maintainer for the program dumpasn1.
(see https://packages.debian.org/sid/dumpasn1 and
https://www.cs.auckland.ac.nz/~pgut001/)

It would be a new package for the cygwin distribution, but it is already
distributed on different systems, like Arch, Debian, Fedora, openSUSE,
Gentoo and many others

.hint and .cygport files are attached

As the name implies, it is a program for dumping data encoded using the
ASN.1 encoding rules

Best regards

Federico Kircheis

[-- Attachment #2: dumpasn1.cygport --]
[-- Type: text/plain, Size: 877 bytes --]

# dumpasn1.cygport
NAME="dumpasn1"
VERSION=20210212
RELEASE=1
SUMMARY="ASN.1 object dump program"
DESCRIPTION="An ASN.1 object dump program which will dump data encoded using any of the ASN.1 encoding rules in a variety of user-specified formats.
dumpasn1 employs a user-editable configuration file dumpasn1.cfg which provides information on ASN.1 object identifiers. Currently it covers all known security-related OIDs."
CATEGORY="Utils"

HOMEPAGE="https://www.cs.auckland.ac.nz/~pgut001/"
SRC_URI="http://deb.debian.org/debian/pool/main/d/dumpasn1/dumpasn1_${VERSION}.orig.tar.gz"
SRC_DIR="dumpasn1-${VERSION}"

BUILD_REQUIRES=""
REQUIRES=""

PKG_NAMES="dumpasn1"

src_compile() {
	lndirs
	cd ${B}
	${CC} dumpasn1.c -o dumpasn1
}

src_install() {
	cd ${B}
	mkdir -p ${D}/usr/bin/
	cp dumpasn1 ${D}/usr/bin/
	mkdir -p ${D}/etc/dumpasn1
	cp dumpasn1.cfg ${D}/etc/dumpasn1/
}

[-- Attachment #3: dumpasn1.hint --]
[-- Type: text/plain, Size: 385 bytes --]

# asn1dump.hint
sdesc: "ASN.1 object dump program"
ldesc: "An ASN.1 object dump program which will dump data encoded using any of the ASN.1 encoding rules in a variety of user-specified formats.
dumpasn1 employs a user-editable configuration file dumpasn1.cfg which provides information on ASN.1 object identifiers. Currently it covers all known security-related OIDs."
category=Utils

* Re: [ITP] dumpasn1
@ 2022-05-14 13:24 ` Jon Turney
From: Jon Turney @ 2022-05-14 13:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps, Federico Kircheis

On 11/05/2022 20:20, Federico Kircheis wrote:

> Hello to everyone,
>
> I'm interested in becoming a package maintainer for the program dumpasn1.
> (see https://packages.debian.org/sid/dumpasn1 and
> https://www.cs.auckland.ac.nz/~pgut001/)
>
> It would be a new package for the cygwin distribution, but it is already
> distributed on different systems, like Arch, Debian, Fedora, openSUSE,
> Gentoo and many others
>
> .hint and .cygport files are attached
>
> As the name implies, it is a program for dumping data encoded using the
> ASN.1 encoding rules

Thanks. I added this to your authorized packages.

A few small comments on the cygport

> HOMEPAGE="https://www.cs.auckland.ac.nz/~pgut001/"
> SRC_URI="http://deb.debian.org/debian/pool/main/d/dumpasn1/dumpasn1_${VERSION}.orig.tar.gz"

I'm not sure that 'https://www.cs.auckland.ac.nz/~pgut001/dumpasn1.c'
isn't the correct SRC_URI.

The debian packaging contains a manpage, which it might be useful to
incorporate.

> BUILD_REQUIRES=""
> REQUIRES=""
>
> PKG_NAMES="dumpasn1"

None of these are necessary, I think.

* Re: [ITP] dumpasn1
@ 2022-05-14 14:58   ` Federico Kircheis
From: Federico Kircheis @ 2022-05-14 14:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jon Turney, cygwin-apps

On 14 May 2022 13:24:08 UTC, Jon Turney <jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk> wrote:
>On 11/05/2022 20:20, Federico Kircheis wrote:
>>

>> Hello to everyone,
>>
>> I'm interested in becoming a package maintainer for the program dumpasn1.
>> (see https://packages.debian.org/sid/dumpasn1 and https://www.cs.auckland.ac.nz/~pgut001/)
>>
>> It would be a new package for the cygwin distribution, but it is already
>> distributed on different systems, like Arch, Debian, Fedora, openSUSE,
>> Gentoo and many others
>>
>> .hint and .cygport files are attached
>>
>> As the name implies, it is a program for dumping data encoded using the ASN.1 encoding rules
>
>Thanks. I added this to your authorized packages.
>
>A few small comments on the cygport
>
>> HOMEPAGE="https://www.cs.auckland.ac.nz/~pgut001/"
>> SRC_URI="http://deb.debian.org/debian/pool/main/d/dumpasn1/dumpasn1_${VERSION}.orig.tar.gz"
>
>I'm not sure that 'https://www.cs.auckland.ac.nz/~pgut001/dumpasn1.c' isn't the correct SRC_URI.
>
>The debian packaging contains a manpage, which it might be useful to incorporate.
>
>> BUILD_REQUIRES=""
>> REQUIRES=""
>>
>> PKG_NAMES="dumpasn1"
>
>None of these are necessary, I think.

I've used the debian package ad it is a package that contains everything for creating the cygwin package (source+config), and provides a versioned source.

The URL you suggested is only the source file, and to be honest I do not know how to write the corresponding cygport file.
It also does not seem to be versioned.

Thus I would prefer to use the Debian source if it is not an issue.

I'll try removing the variables you mentioned.

* Re: [ITP] dumpasn1
@ 2022-05-15 15:18     ` Jon Turney
From: Jon Turney @ 2022-05-15 15:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Federico Kircheis, cygwin-apps

On 14/05/2022 15:58, Federico Kircheis wrote:
> On 14 May 2022 13:24:08 UTC, Jon Turney <jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk> wrote:
>> On 11/05/2022 20:20, Federico Kircheis wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello to everyone,
>>>
>>> I'm interested in becoming a package maintainer for the program dumpasn1.
>>> (see https://packages.debian.org/sid/dumpasn1 and https://www.cs.auckland.ac.nz/~pgut001/)
>>>
>>> It would be a new package for the cygwin distribution, but it is already
>>> distributed on different systems, like Arch, Debian, Fedora, openSUSE,
>>> Gentoo and many others
>>>
>>> .hint and .cygport files are attached
>>>
>>> As the name implies, it is a program for dumping data encoded using the ASN.1 encoding rules
>>
>> Thanks. I added this to your authorized packages.
>>
>> A few small comments on the cygport
>>
>>> HOMEPAGE="https://www.cs.auckland.ac.nz/~pgut001/"
>>> SRC_URI="http://deb.debian.org/debian/pool/main/d/dumpasn1/dumpasn1_${VERSION}.orig.tar.gz"
>>
>> I'm not sure that 'https://www.cs.auckland.ac.nz/~pgut001/dumpasn1.c' isn't the correct SRC_URI.
>>
>> The debian packaging contains a manpage, which it might be useful to incorporate.
>>
>>> BUILD_REQUIRES=""
>>> REQUIRES=""
>>>
>>> PKG_NAMES="dumpasn1"
>>
>> None of these are necessary, I think.
>
> I've used the debian package ad it is a package that contains everything for creating the cygwin package (source+config), and provides a versioned source.
>
> The URL you suggested is only the source file, and to be honest I do not know how to write the corresponding cygport file.
> It also does not seem to be versioned.
>
> Thus I would prefer to use the Debian source if it is not an issue.

Fair enough.