public inbox for cygwin-apps@cygwin.com
* Obsolete dependency report, 2016-Aug-12
@ 2016-08-12 23:13 Yaakov Selkowitz
From: Yaakov Selkowitz @ 2016-08-12 23:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

I just went through a cleanup of stale packages and obsolete
dependencies.  Despite having added _several_ different ABI bumps over
the last month, it looks like we are in *really* good shape.  I would
like to thank the affected maintainers for rebuilding their packages so
quickly.

AFAICS there are just a few remaining packages to be rebuilt:

4ti2                                         Yue Ren/Marco Atzeri
gd[1]                                        Dr. Volker Zell
libmng                                       Dr. Volker Zell
mingw64-i686-gcc[2]                          Jonathan Yong
mingw64-x86_64-gcc[2]                        Jonathan Yong
slang                                        Marco Atzeri
tesseract-ocr                                Marco Atzeri
texlive                                      Ken Brown
znc                                          Alexey Sokolov

[1] https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2016-08/msg00019.html
[2] https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2016-08/msg00110.html

As always, the master list is kept at:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1eiQ0Mcp588cVVt5LaYXQG5i_HznVF14k50j_pneGT68/edit?usp=sharing

This page is set for moderated changes, so feel free to strikethrough
your package from the list once its uploaded.

TIA,

--
Yaakov

* Re: Obsolete dependency report, 2016-Aug-12
@ 2016-08-17 15:20 ` Dr. Volker Zell
From: Dr. Volker Zell @ 2016-08-17 15:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 13.08.2016 01:13, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> I just went through a cleanup of stale packages and obsolete
> dependencies.  Despite having added _several_ different ABI bumps over
> the last month, it looks like we are in *really* good shape.  I would
> like to thank the affected maintainers for rebuilding their packages
> so quickly.
>
> AFAICS there are just a few remaining packages to be rebuilt:
>
> gd[1]                                        Dr. Volker Zell

Will do..

> libmng                                       Dr. Volker Zell

When recompiling this one on x86, I found that a couple of already
installed .la files have a reference
to a non existing file /usr/lib/libxcb.la, namely
libXfixes.la
libXext.la
libXinerama.la
libXcursor.la

By the way why is libmng in your list ? When checking the new
dependencies they are the same as the ones
from the current version.

Ciao
   Volker

* Re: Obsolete dependency report, 2016-Aug-12
@ 2016-08-21  3:59   ` Yaakov Selkowitz
From: Yaakov Selkowitz @ 2016-08-21  3:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On Wed, 2016-08-17 at 17:20 +0200, Dr. Volker Zell wrote:
> On 13.08.2016 01:13, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> > libmng                                       Dr. Volker Zell
>
> By the way why is libmng in your list ? When checking the new
> dependencies they are the same as the ones
> from the current version.

There is a new version of libmng (2.0.3) which depends on lcms2 instead
of the obsolete lcms-1.x.  Note that this will produce libmng2 instead
of libmng1, which will then necessitate a rebuild of the few packages
which depend thereon (all mine).

--
Yaakov