public inbox for cygwin-apps@cygwin.com
* calm: Unable to upload poco-1.7.5
@ 2016-09-07 18:30 David Stacey
From: David Stacey @ 2016-09-07 18:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

I'm trying to upload poco-1.7.5 and delete poco-1.6.1-2. Part of this
involves removing the directory libpoco31, as there has been an ABI
bump, and this is where I'm failing.

I've tried creating empty '-libpoco31-1.6.1-2.tar.xz' and '-setup.hint'
files (in a bid to delete both), but calm won't let me remove a
setup.hint file. So I tried a setup.hint just containing 'skip:' and
deleting the lib package as before, but that didn't work. Finally, I
tried creating a '-libpoco31' directory, but calm wouldn't take that either.

Please could you advise how I should delete older 'lib' sub-packages
that are no longer required.

Secondly, I'm trying to upload the noarch package 'poco-doc'. calm isn't
taking this, despite creating a '/noarch/!ready' file. I'm not getting
any helpful message from calm regarding this one - it eats the !ready
cookie, but doesn't upload the files. I've obviously made some mistake
with this one, but I can't spot it.

Please help!

Many thanks in advance,

Dave.

* Re: calm: Unable to upload poco-1.7.5
@ 2016-09-07 21:48 ` Jon Turney
From: Jon Turney @ 2016-09-07 21:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 07/09/2016 19:30, David Stacey wrote:
> I'm trying to upload poco-1.7.5 and delete poco-1.6.1-2. Part of this
> involves removing the directory libpoco31, as there has been an ABI
> bump, and this is where I'm failing.
>
> I've tried creating empty '-libpoco31-1.6.1-2.tar.xz' and '-setup.hint'
> files (in a bid to delete both), but calm won't let me remove a
> setup.hint file. So I tried a setup.hint just containing 'skip:' and
> deleting the lib package as before, but that didn't work. Finally, I
> tried creating a '-libpoco31' directory, but calm wouldn't take that
> either.
>
> Please could you advise how I should delete older 'lib' sub-packages
> that are no longer required.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

At the moment, there is no good way of completely removing a package,
even when nothing depends on it.

For the moment, if you leave libpoco31-1.6.1-2 and the corresponding
source-package alone, you should be able to proceed with your upload.

I'll make a note to clean up libpoco31 when the 'good way' of doing that
is implemented.

See [1] for a bit more discussion of this.

[1] https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2016-07/msg00115.html

> Secondly, I'm trying to upload the noarch package 'poco-doc'. calm isn't
> taking this, despite creating a '/noarch/!ready' file. I'm not getting
> any helpful message from calm regarding this one - it eats the !ready
> cookie, but doesn't upload the files. I've obviously made some mistake
> with this one, but I can't spot it.

It looks like these were not moved as that was part of the save calm run
as your other failures above.

calm will not move any of your uploaded package if there is a problem
with any of them (it seems that to do otherwise could lead to an
unexpected package set)

I set this to be re-tried and it seems to have succeeded.

* Re: calm: Unable to upload poco-1.7.5
@ 2016-09-07 23:15   ` David Stacey
From: David Stacey @ 2016-09-07 23:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 07/09/16 22:47, Jon Turney wrote:
> On 07/09/2016 19:30, David Stacey wrote:
>> I'm trying to upload poco-1.7.5 and delete poco-1.6.1-2. Part of this
>> involves removing the directory libpoco31, as there has been an ABI
>> bump, and this is where I'm failing.
>>
>> I've tried creating empty '-libpoco31-1.6.1-2.tar.xz' and '-setup.hint'
>> files (in a bid to delete both), but calm won't let me remove a
>> setup.hint file. So I tried a setup.hint just containing 'skip:' and
>> deleting the lib package as before, but that didn't work. Finally, I
>> tried creating a '-libpoco31' directory, but calm wouldn't take that
>> either.
>>
>> Please could you advise how I should delete older 'lib' sub-packages
>> that are no longer required.
>
> Sorry for the inconvenience.
>
> At the moment, there is no good way of completely removing a package,
> even when nothing depends on it.
>
> For the moment, if you leave libpoco31-1.6.1-2 and the corresponding
> source-package alone, you should be able to proceed with your upload.
>
> I'll make a note to clean up libpoco31 when the 'good way' of doing
> that is implemented.

Thank you for your help, Jon. I've done as you requested, leaving
libpoco31-1.6.1-2 and its source package behind. These can be removed
the next time someone has a tidy up.

>> Secondly, I'm trying to upload the noarch package 'poco-doc'. calm isn't
>> taking this, despite creating a '/noarch/!ready' file. I'm not getting
>> any helpful message from calm regarding this one - it eats the !ready
>> cookie, but doesn't upload the files. I've obviously made some mistake
>> with this one, but I can't spot it.
>
> It looks like these were not moved as that was part of the save calm
> run as your other failures above.
>
> calm will not move any of your uploaded package if there is a problem
> with any of them (it seems that to do otherwise could lead to an
> unexpected package set)

OK, thanks for clarifying.

> I set this to be re-tried and it seems to have succeeded.

Thanks for giving it a poke. Yes, I confirm that it has been uploaded.

Dave.