public inbox for cygwin-apps@cygwin.com
* Poco: Please remove empty directories
@ 2015-08-10 21:29 David Stacey
From: David Stacey @ 2015-08-10 21:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

With the release of poco-1.6.1, I've decided to do some housekeeping and
remove some of the earlier versions. I've managed to do this, but it has
left some empty directories lying around. Please could some kind soul
remove the following:

     x86_64/release/poco/libpoco16/
     x86_64/release/poco/libpoco17/
     x86/release/poco/libpoco17/

Is there a way I can remove directories myself, or should I continue to
ask here in future?

Many thanks in advance,

Dave.

* Re: Poco: Please remove empty directories
@ 2015-08-10 21:50 ` Yaakov Selkowitz
From: Yaakov Selkowitz @ 2015-08-10 21:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On Mon, 2015-08-10 at 22:29 +0100, David Stacey wrote:
> With the release of poco-1.6.1, I've decided to do some housekeeping
> and remove some of the earlier versions. I've managed to do this, but
> it has left some empty directories lying around. Please could some
> kind soul remove the following:
>
>      x86_64/release/poco/libpoco16/
>      x86_64/release/poco/libpoco17/
>      x86/release/poco/libpoco17/

Done.

> Is there a way I can remove directories myself, or should I continue
> to ask here in future?

I do try to do a cleanup periodically, but feel free to ask here or in
#cygwin-developers.

--
Yaakov

* Re: Poco: Please remove empty directories
@ 2015-08-10 22:00   ` David Stacey
From: David Stacey @ 2015-08-10 22:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 10/08/15 22:49, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> On Mon, 2015-08-10 at 22:29 +0100, David Stacey wrote:
>> With the release of poco-1.6.1, I've decided to do some housekeeping
>> and remove some of the earlier versions. I've managed to do this, but
>> it has left some empty directories lying around. Please could some
>> kind soul remove the following:
>>
>>       x86_64/release/poco/libpoco16/
>>       x86_64/release/poco/libpoco17/
>>       x86/release/poco/libpoco17/
> Done.

Thanks,

@ 2015-08-11  6:00 ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2015-08-11  6:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

David Stacey writes:
> Is there a way I can remove directories myself, or should I continue
> to ask here in future?

Supposedly one can delete a directory by uploading another one with a
"-" prepended to the name, but so far all my attempts to use that have
been foiled with indecipherable error messages from upset.

Regards,
Achim.