public inbox for cygwin-apps@cygwin.com
* [Attn. Maintainers] Perl 5.26.1-RC1
@ 2017-09-17 20:05 Achim Gratz
                   ` (4 more replies)
From: Achim Gratz @ 2017-09-17 20:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Things took a bit longer than expected, but the RC1 plus all Cygwin
modules that I maintain or co-maintain are now available.  Please point
setup to http://cygwin.stromeko.net/perl-5.26 as an additional
installation source and it should let you update.  The Perl
distributions are release versions that will be offered directly, perl
itself is marked as test so you need to mark them for installation in
setup for these packages.

After the install you should be able to create test packages with and
for the new Perl.

If you plan to go back from the test installation, you should probably
just have a backup of your Cygwin installation.

Regards,
Achim.

* Re: [Attn. Maintainers] Perl 5.26.1-RC1
@ 2017-09-18 17:18 ` Ken Brown
                   ` (3 subsequent siblings)
From: Ken Brown @ 2017-09-18 17:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 9/17/2017 4:05 PM, Achim Gratz wrote:

> Things took a bit longer than expected, but the RC1 plus all Cygwin
> modules that I maintain or co-maintain are now available.  Please point
> setup to http://cygwin.stromeko.net/perl-5.26 as an additional
> installation source and it should let you update.  The Perl
> distributions are release versions that will be offered directly, perl
> itself is marked as test so you need to mark them for installation in
> setup for these packages.
>
> After the install you should be able to create test packages with and
> for the new Perl.

Thanks.  I've successfully built everything I need.

Ken

* Re: [Attn. Maintainers] Perl 5.26.1-RC1
@ 2017-09-18 17:52 ` Achim Gratz
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Achim Gratz @ 2017-09-18 17:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

A few notes for maintainers that I didn't manage to write yesterday
evening:

If building your Perl distribution (or testing) fails, try adding

export PERL_USE_UNSAFE_INC=1

to the cygport file.  Please do not add it unconditionally and check
with each update whether it is still needed.

The following distributions are now integrated into Perl itself with a
new enough version to satisfy all dependencies and will thus be dropped
from Cygwin as separate packages until a newer version of them is
required elsewhere:

perl-XSLoader
perl-Carp
perl-CPAN-Meta
perl-CPAN-Meta-Requirements
perl-File-Temp
perl-Module-Load-Conditional
perl-Pod-Simple
perl-Socket
perl-Test-Simple
perl-Unicode-Collate
perl-Unicode-Normalize
perl-Win32

Since the plan is to keep closer to the upstream Perl versions than
previously, I don't think that need will arise, though.

The following distribution is incompatible with perl-5.26 (it uses
internal functions that have been removed) and will be dropped from
Cygwin -- it hasn't had any dependent packages for some time already, so
no problems arising from that removal are expected.

perl-Data-Alias

@ 2017-09-18 18:00   ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2017-09-18 18:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Ken Brown writes:
>> After the install you should be able to create test packages with and
>> for the new Perl.
>
> Thanks.  I've successfully built everything I need.

…and that would have been?  Anything that we need to add?

@ 2017-09-18 20:00     ` Ken Brown
From: Ken Brown @ 2017-09-18 20:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 9/18/2017 2:00 PM, Achim Gratz wrote:
> Ken Brown writes:
>>> After the install you should be able to create test packages with and
>>> for the new Perl.
>>
>> Thanks.  I've successfully built everything I need.
>
> …and that would have been?  Anything that we need to add?

I built biber, both the current and development versions, and
perl-PAR-Packer.  (I don't maintain the latter, but I'm probably the
only person who uses it.  I've been regularly building the current
version for my own use.)

All the prerequisites were available at your site.  Thanks.

Ken

* Re: [Attn. Maintainers] Perl 5.26.1-RC1
@ 2017-09-19  6:11 ` Yaakov Selkowitz
From: Yaakov Selkowitz @ 2017-09-19  6:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 2017-09-17 15:05, Achim Gratz wrote:
> Things took a bit longer than expected, but the RC1 plus all Cygwin
> modules that I maintain or co-maintain are now available.  Please point
> setup to http://cygwin.stromeko.net/perl-5.26 as an additional
> installation source and it should let you update.  The Perl
> distributions are release versions that will be offered directly, perl
> itself is marked as test so you need to mark them for installation in
> setup for these packages.
>
> After the install you should be able to create test packages with and
> for the new Perl.

Thanks for setting this up.  When do you expect this will move into the
distribution as non-test?

--
Yaakov

* Re: [Attn. Maintainers] Perl 5.26.1-RC1
@ 2017-09-19 17:35   ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2017-09-19 17:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Yaakov Selkowitz writes:
> Thanks for setting this up.  When do you expect this will move into the
> distribution as non-test?

I don't know when the upstream release will be, but since no RC2 is
planned currently it porbably happens the upcoming weekend.  Depending
on precisely when that hits the download servers, I'll need one or two
days to build the new Perl plus re-build all distributions with it, for
both arches.  I would then upload again to my site so all other packages
in Cygwin that ship with Perl modules can be re-built and then we'll
have to figure out how to release everything in one go on sourceware.  I
will not be available some days next week and the week after, so that
may delay things a wee bit.

Regards,
Achim.

* Re: [Attn. Maintainers] Perl 5.26.1-RC1
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2017-09-24  9:09 ` Marco Atzeri
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2017-09-24  9:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 17/09/2017 22:05, Achim Gratz wrote:

> Things took a bit longer than expected, but the RC1 plus all Cygwin
> modules that I maintain or co-maintain are now available.  Please point
> setup to http://cygwin.stromeko.net/perl-5.26 as an additional
> installation source and it should let you update.  The Perl
> distributions are release versions that will be offered directly, perl
> itself is marked as test so you need to mark them for installation in
> setup for these packages.

I am uploading as test

gdal-2.2.2-2
GraphicsMagick-1.3.26-2
ImageMagick-6.9.9.11-2
irssi-1.0.4-2

as these packages

perl-Graphics-Magick
perl-Image-Magick
irssi
perl-gdal

depends on /usr/bin/cygperl5_22.dll

postgresql-plperl will followup

> Regards,
> Achim.

regards
Marco

* Re: [Attn. Maintainers] Perl 5.26.1-RC1
@ 2017-09-24  9:25   ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2017-09-24  9:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Marco Atzeri writes:
> I am uploading as test

Please hold on until I have uploaded the release version sometime later
today.  You need to build with that, not the RC1 if you are going to put
it on the official Cygwin distribution.

Regards,
Achim.

* Re: [Attn. Maintainers] Perl 5.26.1
                   ` (3 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2017-09-24 15:59 ` Achim Gratz
                     ` (4 more replies)
From: Achim Gratz @ 2017-09-24 15:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

The Perl 5.26 repository, still at http://cygwin.stromeko.net/perl-5.26,
has been updated with the release version of Perl 5.26.1 and newly
bootstrapped distribution packages.  I will do one more bootstrap cycle
before I'm ready for release.  This upload now has dummy (obsoletion)
packages for distributions that were formerly separate but now
integrated into Perl:

perl-CPAN-Meta
perl-CPAN-Meta-Requirements
perl-Carp
perl-Module-Load-Conditional
perl-Pod-Simple
perl-Unicode-Collate
perl-Unicode-Normalize
perl-Win32
perl-XSLoader

Another distribution that hasn't been in use on Cygwin for quite some
time already is incompatible with Perl > 5.24 and will be obsoleted:

perl-Data-Alias

One distribution, perl-File-Path, has been patched in-core in
anticipation of upstream doing the same thing in a few months for 5.26.2
in order to fix CVE2017-6512 and is actually at version 2.14 (upstream
was still at 2.12_01).

You should either start over from your backed-up Cygwin installation
from before the tests or clean up and re-install all Perl related
packages by doing

$ rm -fr /usr/share/perl5/5.26 /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl/5.26 /usr/share/perl5/site_perl/5.26 /usr/lib/perl5/5.26 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.26 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.26
$ sed -i.bak -re 's/( perl[-_].*-)[0-9.]+-[0-9]+\.tar/\10-0.tar/' /etc/setup/installed.db

so that setup "updates" everything again.

Please build and prepare packages meant for release to Cygwin with this
Perl version, but preferrably do no yet actually upload.  Otherwise, in
the unlikely case of me still finding an error somewhere, you may have
to re-release your package(s).

If there's any Perl distribution in co-maintenance where the
co-maintainer prefers to re-build and upload the package instead of just
using the one I have built, please let me know so I can remove these
before the Cygwin upload.

Regards,
Achim.

* Re: [Attn. Maintainers] Perl 5.26.1
@ 2017-09-24 17:16   ` Ken Brown
                     ` (3 subsequent siblings)
From: Ken Brown @ 2017-09-24 17:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 9/24/2017 11:59 AM, Achim Gratz wrote:
> Please build and prepare packages meant for release to Cygwin with this
> Perl version, but preferrably do no yet actually upload.

Have you decided yet how you want to handle the upgrade when the time
comes?  I think last time you asked people to upload a !perl file
instead of !ready, and then you coordinated with Jon to change all the
!perl files to !ready at the appropriate time.

Ken

* Re: [Attn. Maintainers] Perl 5.26.1
@ 2017-09-24 17:22     ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2017-09-24 17:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Ken Brown writes:
> On 9/24/2017 11:59 AM, Achim Gratz wrote:
>> Please build and prepare packages meant for release to Cygwin with this
>> Perl version, but preferrably do no yet actually upload.
>
> Have you decided yet how you want to handle the upgrade when the time
> comes?  I think last time you asked people to upload a !perl file
> instead of !ready, and then you coordinated with Jon to change all the
> !perl files to !ready at the appropriate time.

The mechanisms on sourceware have substantially changed since then, so I
don't know what's the appropriate solution this time around.  One
possibility could be to simply stop the calm updates until everybody
gives their go and then resume it so it picks up everything in one go.
But again, Jon or Yaakov probably have a better idea.

Regards,
Achim.

Wavetables for the Terratec KOMPLEXER:

* Re: [Attn. Maintainers] Perl 5.26.1-RC1
@ 2017-09-24 17:24     ` Marco Atzeri
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2017-09-24 17:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 24/09/2017 11:25, Achim Gratz wrote:
> Marco Atzeri writes:
>> I am uploading as test
>
> Please hold on until I have uploaded the release version sometime later
> today.  You need to build with that, not the RC1 if you are going to put
> it on the official Cygwin distribution.

I will re-run the tests and if needed re-build

> Regards,
> Achim.

regards
Marco

* Re: [Attn. Maintainers] Perl 5.26.1-RC1
@ 2017-09-25 21:21       ` Yaakov Selkowitz
From: Yaakov Selkowitz @ 2017-09-25 21:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 2017-09-18 15:00, Ken Brown wrote:

>>> Thanks.  I've successfully built everything I need.
>>
>> …and that would have been?  Anything that we need to add?
>
> I built biber, both the current and development versions, and
> perl-PAR-Packer.  (I don't maintain the latter, but I'm probably the
> only person who uses it.  I've been regularly building the current
> version for my own use.)

Would you happen to want it then? :-)

https://github.com/cygwinports/perl-PAR-Packer

--
Yaakov

* Re: [Attn. Maintainers] Perl 5.26.1-RC1
@ 2017-09-26  8:23         ` Ken Brown
From: Ken Brown @ 2017-09-26  8:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 9/25/2017 5:21 PM, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> On 2017-09-18 15:00, Ken Brown wrote:

>>> …and that would have been?  Anything that we need to add?
>>
>> I built biber, both the current and development versions, and
>> perl-PAR-Packer.  (I don't maintain the latter, but I'm probably the
>> only person who uses it.  I've been regularly building the current
>> version for my own use.)
>
> Would you happen to want it then? :-)

Sure, I'll take it.

Ken

* Re: [Attn. Maintainers] Perl 5.26.1
@ 2017-09-26 16:45   ` Achim Gratz
                     ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Achim Gratz @ 2017-09-26 16:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Aside from the obvious perl-* distribution packages, I've checked for
perl content in other packages and found these:

biber:	             BibTeX replacement for users of BibLaTeX (installed binaries and support files)
git-svn:	     Subversion compatibility support for Git version control system
git:	             Distributed version control system
grepmail:	     search mailboxes for mail matching an expression (installed binaries and support files)
irssi:	             Modular text mode IRC client with Perl scripting
nginx-mod_http_perl: Web and mail proxy server (installed binaries and support files)
nginx-mod_http_perl: Web and mail proxy server
po4a:	             Tools for translating various file formats with gettext (installed binaries and support files)
pristine-tar:	     Regenerate pristine tarballs (installed binaries and support files)
sendxmpp:            Commandline XMPP (jabber) utility (installed binaries and support files)
subversion-perl:     A version control system (perl bindings)

@ 2017-09-26 16:50   ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2017-09-26 16:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Achim Gratz writes:
> Please build and prepare packages meant for release to Cygwin with this
> Perl version, but preferrably do no yet actually upload.  Otherwise, in
> the unlikely case of me still finding an error somewhere, you may have
> to re-release your package(s).

Well blimey, I just did find an error.  :-(

The noarch vendor_perl is in the wrong directory.  I'm going to build
a new Perl with the correct @INC and then all the packages again.  With
luck I should manage to do that before leaving tomorrow.

@ 2017-09-26 18:56   ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2017-09-26 18:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

The Perl 5.26 repository, still at http://cygwin.stromeko.net/perl-5.26,
has been updated with the release version of Perl 5.26.1 that has the
vendor_perl directories shifted to the correct place.  You need to
re-install perl and all perl_* packages manually.  If you're in a pinch
and can#t wait until I have rebuilt the whole set of distributions,
please move the directories to their correct place:

$ mv /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl/5.26/
$ mkdir -p /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.26
$ mv /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl/5.26/x86_64-cygwin-threads/ /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.26

Please note that this is only a temporary fix as the old path may have
leaked into the installed files in some cases.  I'm starting the build
now, it should be finished tomorrow morning.  Sorry for any
inconvenience caused by this late change.

@ 2017-09-26 20:42     ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2017-09-26 20:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Achim Gratz writes:
> $ mv /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl/5.26/
> $ mkdir -p /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.26
> $ mv /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl/5.26/x86_64-cygwin-threads/ /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.26

Please make that, for x86_64:

$ mv /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/share/perl5/
$ mkdir -p /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.26
$ mv /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl/5.26/x86_64-cygwin-threads/ /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.26

and for i686:

$ mv /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/share/perl5/
$ mkdir -p /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.26
$ mv /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl/5.26/i686-cygwin-threads-64int/ /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.26

@ 2017-09-26 22:15     ` Yaakov Selkowitz
From: Yaakov Selkowitz @ 2017-09-26 22:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 2017-09-26 13:56, Achim Gratz wrote:
> The Perl 5.26 repository, still at http://cygwin.stromeko.net/perl-5.26,
> has been updated with the release version of Perl 5.26.1 that has the
> vendor_perl directories shifted to the correct place.  You need to
> re-install perl and all perl_* packages manually.  If you're in a pinch
> and can#t wait until I have rebuilt the whole set of distributions,
> please move the directories to their correct place:
>
> $ mv /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl/5.26/
> $ mkdir -p /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.26
> $ mv /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl/5.26/x86_64-cygwin-threads/ /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.26
>
> Please note that this is only a temporary fix as the old path may have
> leaked into the installed files in some cases.  I'm starting the build
> now, it should be finished tomorrow morning.  Sorry for any
> inconvenience caused by this late change.

This means that anyone who has already built noarch Perl module packages
needs to rebuild them again, right?

--
Yaakov

* Re: [Attn. Maintainers] Perl 5.26.1
@ 2017-09-27  4:51       ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2017-09-27  4:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Yaakov Selkowitz writes:
>> Please note that this is only a temporary fix as the old path may have
>> leaked into the installed files in some cases.  I'm starting the build
>> now, it should be finished tomorrow morning.  Sorry for any
>> inconvenience caused by this late change.
>
> This means that anyone who has already built noarch Perl module packages
> needs to rebuild them again, right?

Unfortunately yes, as they would instzall into the wrong location.

Regards,
Achim.

* Re: [Attn. Maintainers] Perl 5.26.1 (prepare for release)
                     ` (3 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2017-09-27  6:46   ` Achim Gratz
                       ` (3 more replies)
From: Achim Gratz @ 2017-09-27  6:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

The Perl 5.26 repository, still at http://cygwin.stromeko.net/perl-5.26,
has been updated (again due to an error in module search path) with the
prospective release version of Perl 5.26.1 and newly bootstrapped
distribution packages.  This upload now has dummy (obsoletion) packages
for distributions that were formerly imported from CPAN but now use
those built-in to Perl:

perl-CPAN-Meta
perl-CPAN-Meta-Requirements
perl-Carp
perl-Config-Perl-V
perl-Module-Load-Conditional
perl-Pod-Simple
perl-Unicode-Collate
perl-Unicode-Normalize
perl-Win32
perl-XSLoader

Another distribution that hasn't been in use on Cygwin for quite some
time already is incompatible with Perl > 5.24 and will be obsoleted:

perl-Data-Alias

One distribution, perl-File-Path, has been patched in-core in
anticipation of upstream doing the same thing in a few months for 5.26.2
in order to fix CVE2017-6512 and is actually at version 2.14 (upstream
was still at 2.12_01).

You should either start over from your backed-up Cygwin installation
from before any previous tests or clean up and re-install all Perl
related packages by doing

$ rm -fr /usr/{share,lib}/perl5/{,vendor_perl/,site_perl/}
$ sed -i.bak -re 's/( perl[-_]?.*-)[0-9.]+-[0-9]+\.tar/\10-0.tar/' /etc/setup/installed.db

so that setup "updates" everything to do with Perl again.

Please build and prepare packages meant for release to Cygwin only with
this latest Perl version, but preferrably do no yet actually upload.
Otherwise, in the unlikely case of me still finding an error somewhere,
you may have to re-release your package(s).

Again the reminder that the following packages will have to be re-built since they
install perl modules:

[...]

before the Cygwin upload.  The current plan is that when each maintainer
has ready with the package rebuild, we will coordinate an upload so that
all packages can be released at the same time.  Tentatively we would
like to do that some time in CW41, so if that doesn't work for you,
please speak up.

Regards,
Achim.

* Re: [Attn. Maintainers] Perl 5.26.1
@ 2017-09-29 18:06     ` Yaakov Selkowitz
                         ` (3 more replies)
From: Yaakov Selkowitz @ 2017-09-29 18:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 2017-09-26 11:45, Achim Gratz wrote:
> Aside from the obvious perl-* distribution packages, I've checked for
> perl content in other packages and found these:
>
> biber:	             BibTeX replacement for users of BibLaTeX (installed binaries and support files)
> git-svn:	     Subversion compatibility support for Git version control system
> git:	             Distributed version control system
> grepmail:	     search mailboxes for mail matching an expression (installed binaries and support files)
> irssi:	             Modular text mode IRC client with Perl scripting
> nginx-mod_http_perl: Web and mail proxy server (installed binaries and support files)
> nginx-mod_http_perl: Web and mail proxy server
> po4a:	             Tools for translating various file formats with gettext (installed binaries and support files)
> pristine-tar:	     Regenerate pristine tarballs (installed binaries and support files)
> sendxmpp:            Commandline XMPP (jabber) utility (installed binaries and support files)
> subversion-perl:     A version control system (perl bindings)

For future reference, there are more.  The following are mine and are
ready for upload:

gnumeric
graphviz
hexchat
libproxy
link-grammar
marisa
ming
openbabel
openwsman
rxvt-unicode
vim
xfconf
zbar
zinnia

And the following which belong to others:

gdal
GraphicsMagick
ImageMagick
net-smtp
openldap
texinfo
weechat
znc

--
Yaakov

* Re: [Attn. Maintainers] Perl 5.26.1
@ 2017-09-29 18:26       ` Jon Turney
From: Jon Turney @ 2017-09-29 18:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps; +Cc: Achim Gratz

On 24/09/2017 18:22, Achim Gratz wrote:
> Ken Brown writes:
>> On 9/24/2017 11:59 AM, Achim Gratz wrote:
>>> Please build and prepare packages meant for release to Cygwin with this
>>> Perl version, but preferrably do no yet actually upload.
>>
>> Have you decided yet how you want to handle the upgrade when the time
>> comes?  I think last time you asked people to upload a !perl file
>> instead of !ready, and then you coordinated with Jon to change all the
>> !perl files to !ready at the appropriate time.
>
> The mechanisms on sourceware have substantially changed since then, so I
> don't know what's the appropriate solution this time around.  One
> possibility could be to simply stop the calm updates until everybody
> gives their go and then resume it so it picks up everything in one go.
> But again, Jon or Yaakov probably have a better idea.

Doing the same thing again should be fine.

* Re: [Attn. Maintainers] Perl 5.26.1-RC1
@ 2017-09-29 20:48       ` Marco Atzeri
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2017-09-29 20:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 24/09/2017 19:24, Marco Atzeri wrote:
> On 24/09/2017 11:25, Achim Gratz wrote:
>> Marco Atzeri writes:
>>> I am uploading as test
>>
>> Please hold on until I have uploaded the release version sometime later
>> today.  You need to build with that, not the RC1 if you are going to put
>> it on the official Cygwin distribution.
>
> I will re-run the tests and if needed re-build

Achim,

rebuilding GraphicsMagick with 5.26-1 I noted that the
perl files have not changed location from previous build with RC1:

  $ cygport GraphicsMagick.cygport list |grep perl
   /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.26/x86_64-cygwin-threads/Graphics/Magick.pm

/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.26/x86_64-cygwin-threads/auto/Graphics/Magick/Magick.dll

/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.26/x86_64-cygwin-threads/auto/Graphics/Magick/autosplit.ix

cygcheck -l perl-Graphics-Magick
/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.26/x86_64-cygwin-threads/auto/Graphics/Magick/autosplit.ix
/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.26/x86_64-cygwin-threads/auto/Graphics/Magick/Magick.dll
/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.26/x86_64-cygwin-threads/Graphics/Magick.pm
/usr/share/man/man3/Graphics.Magick.3pm.gz

but the same cygport instruction
perl_Graphics_Magick_CONTENTS="${PERL_VENDORLIB:1}/ usr/share/man/man3/"

now fails

 >>> perl-Graphics-Magick-1.3.26-3.tar.xz
tar: usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl/5.26: Cannot stat: No such file or
directory
usr/share/man/man3/
usr/share/man/man3/Graphics.Magick.3pm.gz

so PERL_VENDORLIB has changed from
   /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.26
   /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl/5.26

but nothing is installed on /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl/5.26

It is a perl issue or a cygport glitch ?

Regards
Marco

* Re: [Attn. Maintainers] Perl 5.26.1-RC1
@ 2017-09-30  8:15         ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2017-09-30  8:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Am 29.09.2017 um 22:48 schrieb Marco Atzeri:
> so PERL_VENDORLIB has changed from
>    /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.26
>    /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl/5.26
>
> but nothing is installed on /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl/5.26

The GraphicsMagick stuff should be in PERL_VENDORARCH, since they are
indeed architecture dependent, so I thiunk this was a latent bug in your
cyport file.

--
Achim.

(on the road :-)

* Re: [Attn. Maintainers] Perl 5.26.1
@ 2017-09-30  8:52       ` Achim Gratz
                         ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Achim Gratz @ 2017-09-30  8:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Am 29.09.2017 um 20:06 schrieb Yaakov Selkowitz:
> On 2017-09-26 11:45, Achim Gratz wrote:
>> Aside from the obvious perl-* distribution packages, I've checked for
>> perl content in other packages and found these:
[...]
> For future reference, there are more.

They were mostly subsumed in the above sentence.  That these perl-*
packages are captured inside other packages instead of free-stannding
like other CPAN modules isn't making a difference to me.

> The following are mine and are
> ready for upload:
>
> gnumeric

This is using Perl in a plugin, so it never touches the "official" Perl
directories.  I don't know how to check for uses of the perl DLL in
package search, so I just looked for installations into the vendor
library directories.

> hexchat

ditto

> openbabel

I don't find that even now that you said it... embedded perl?

> rxvt-unicode

Now that you mention it, I seem to remmeber it has an embedded perl
interpreter.

> vim

Can't find it, embedded?

> zbar

ditto

> And the following which belong to others:
>
> openldap

Can't find it.

> texinfo

Installs under /usr/share/texinfo and seems to use captive Perl
distributions, maybe we should change that (i.e. move perl-libintl-perl,
perl-Text-Unidecode etc. to their own CPAN derived package).

> weechat

Plugin/embedded.

> znc

ditto

We seem to have more packages using embedded perl or plugins than I thought.

--
Achim.

(on the road :-)

* Re: [Attn. Maintainers] Perl 5.26.1
@ 2017-09-30 15:25         ` Ken Brown
From: Ken Brown @ 2017-09-30 15:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 9/30/2017 4:52 AM, Achim Gratz wrote:
> Am 29.09.2017 um 20:06 schrieb Yaakov Selkowitz:
>> texinfo
>
> Installs under /usr/share/texinfo and seems to use captive Perl
> distributions, maybe we should change that (i.e. move perl-libintl-perl,
> perl-Text-Unidecode etc. to their own CPAN derived package).

More importantly, it installs compiled XS modules into /usr/lib/texinfo.

Ken

* Re: [Attn. Maintainers] Perl 5.26.1 (prepare for release)
@ 2017-09-30 20:30     ` Marco Atzeri
                       ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2017-09-30 20:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 27/09/2017 08:46, Achim Gratz wrote:

> Please build and prepare packages meant for release to Cygwin only with
> this latest Perl version, but preferrably do no yet actually upload.
> Otherwise, in the unlikely case of me still finding an error somewhere,
> you may have to re-release your package(s).

my packages

GraphicsMagick
ImageMagick
gdal
irssi
postgresql

are re-built and ready for upload

Regards
Marco

* Re: [Attn. Maintainers] Perl 5.26.1
@ 2017-09-30 21:13       ` Marco Atzeri
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2017-09-30 21:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 29/09/2017 20:06, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> On 2017-09-26 11:45, Achim Gratz wrote:
>
> And the following which belong to others:
>
> gdal
> GraphicsMagick
> ImageMagick
> net-smtp
> openldap

this is  ORPHANED (Dr. Volker Zell)
I am trying to build with perl 5.26.1

@ 2017-09-30 22:49       ` Alexey Sokolov
From: Alexey Sokolov @ 2017-09-30 22:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

29.09.17 11:06, Yaakov Selkowitz пишет:
> On 2017-09-26 11:45, Achim Gratz wrote:
>> Aside from the obvious perl-* distribution packages, I've checked for
>> perl content in other packages and found these:
>>
>> biber:	             BibTeX replacement for users of BibLaTeX (installed binaries and support files)
>> git-svn:	     Subversion compatibility support for Git version control system
>> git:	             Distributed version control system
>> grepmail:	     search mailboxes for mail matching an expression (installed binaries and support files)
>> irssi:	             Modular text mode IRC client with Perl scripting
>> nginx-mod_http_perl: Web and mail proxy server (installed binaries and support files)
>> nginx-mod_http_perl: Web and mail proxy server
>> po4a:	             Tools for translating various file formats with gettext (installed binaries and support files)
>> pristine-tar:	     Regenerate pristine tarballs (installed binaries and support files)
>> sendxmpp:            Commandline XMPP (jabber) utility (installed binaries and support files)
>> subversion-perl:     A version control system (perl bindings)
>
> For future reference, there are more.  The following are mine and are
> ready for upload:
>
> gnumeric
> graphviz
> hexchat
> libproxy
> link-grammar
> marisa
> ming
> openbabel
> openwsman
> rxvt-unicode
> vim
> xfconf
> zbar
> zinnia
>
> And the following which belong to others:
>
> gdal
> GraphicsMagick
> ImageMagick
> net-smtp
> openldap
> texinfo
> weechat
> znc

It embeds perl and keeps all its files under
/usr/lib/znc/; I'll just rebuild it with the updated
perl package. Does it needs to be uploaded together with new perl?

* Re: [Attn. Maintainers] Perl 5.26.1
@ 2017-10-01  4:47         ` Marco Atzeri
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2017-10-01  4:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 30/09/2017 23:12, Marco Atzeri wrote:

>> openldap
>
> this is  ORPHANED (Dr. Volker Zell)
> I am trying to build with perl 5.26.1

the 2.4.42 builds but it seems the tests has issue

running defines.sh
Starting slapd on TCP/IP port 9011...
Using ldapsearch to retrieve the root DSE...
/cygdrive/e/cyg_pub/devel/openldap/openldap-2.4.42-2.x86_64/src/
openldap-2.4.42/tests/scripts/test000-rootdse: line 34: 10964
Segmentation fault      (core dumped)
$LDAPSEARCH -b "" -s base -h $LOCALHOST
-p $PORT1 '@extensibleObject' > $SEARCHOUT 2>&1

* Re: [Attn. Maintainers] Perl 5.26.1
@ 2017-10-01  8:13         ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2017-10-01  8:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Am 01.10.2017 um 00:49 schrieb Alexey Sokolov:
> It embeds perl and keeps all its files under
> /usr/lib/znc/; I'll just rebuild it with the updated
> perl package. Does it needs to be uploaded together with new perl?

Yes, since it won't work with the old Perl.

--
Achim.

(on the road :-)

* Re: [Attn. Maintainers] Perl 5.26.1
@ 2017-10-02 20:39           ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2017-10-02 20:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Ken Brown writes:
> On 9/30/2017 4:52 AM, Achim Gratz wrote:
>> Am 29.09.2017 um 20:06 schrieb Yaakov Selkowitz:
>>> texinfo
>>
>> Installs under /usr/share/texinfo and seems to use captive Perl
>> distributions, maybe we should change that (i.e. move
>> perl-libintl-perl, perl-Text-Unidecode etc. to their own CPAN
>> derived package).
>
> More importantly, it installs compiled XS modules into /usr/lib/texinfo.

I need to have a look on what the main GNU/Linux distributions are doing
with this.  WOuld it be possible to cleanly excise those as dependent
packages?

Regards,
Achim.

Wavetables for the Waldorf Blofeld:

* Re: [Attn. Maintainers] Perl 5.26.1
@ 2017-10-02 20:41           ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2017-10-02 20:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Marco Atzeri writes:
> On 30/09/2017 23:12, Marco Atzeri wrote:
>
>>> openldap
>>
>> this is  ORPHANED (Dr. Volker Zell)
>> I am trying to build with perl 5.26.1
>>

> the 2.4.42 builds but it seems the tests has issue

> running defines.sh
> Starting slapd on TCP/IP port 9011...
> Using ldapsearch to retrieve the root DSE...
> /cygdrive/e/cyg_pub/devel/openldap/openldap-2.4.42-2.x86_64/src/
> openldap-2.4.42/tests/scripts/test000-rootdse: line 34: 10964
> Segmentation fault      (core dumped)
> $LDAPSEARCH -b "" -s base -h $LOCALHOST
> -p $PORT1 '@extensibleObject' > $SEARCHOUT 2>&1

It might really just complain that it can't get a rootDSE, but you could
try to run the build/test with PERL_USE_UNSAFE_INC=1 just in case.

@ 2017-10-02 21:20             ` Ken Brown
From: Ken Brown @ 2017-10-02 21:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 10/2/2017 4:39 PM, Achim Gratz wrote:
> Ken Brown writes:
>>>
>>> Installs under /usr/share/texinfo and seems to use captive Perl
>>> distributions, maybe we should change that (i.e. move
>>> perl-libintl-perl, perl-Text-Unidecode etc. to their own CPAN
>>> derived package).
>>
>> More importantly, it installs compiled XS modules into /usr/lib/texinfo.
>
> I need to have a look on what the main GNU/Linux distributions are doing
> with this.

It's the same on Debian:

   https://packages.debian.org/stretch/amd64/texinfo/filelist

I haven't checked any other.

> WOuld it be possible to cleanly excise those as dependent
> packages?

I could certainly do that, but I wouldn't want to unless there's a
GNU/Linux model to follow.  I don't think Cygwin should use special
packaging that no one else uses.

Ken

* Re: [Attn. Maintainers] Perl 5.26.1
@ 2017-10-03  2:36               ` Brian Inglis
From: Brian Inglis @ 2017-10-03  2:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 2017-10-02 15:19, Ken Brown wrote:
> On 10/2/2017 4:39 PM, Achim Gratz wrote:
>> Ken Brown writes:

>>> More importantly, it installs compiled XS modules into /usr/lib/texinfo.
>>
>> I need to have a look on what the main GNU/Linux distributions are doing
>> with this.
>
> It's the same on Debian:
>
>   https://packages.debian.org/stretch/amd64/texinfo/filelist
>
> I haven't checked any other.
>
>> WOuld it be possible to cleanly excise those as dependent
>> packages?
>
> I could certainly do that, but I wouldn't want to unless there's a GNU/Linux
> model to follow.  I don't think Cygwin should use special packaging that no one
> else uses.

Debian/Ubuntu have libintl{-,-xs-}perl packages but not as texinfo dependencies.

* Re: [Attn. Maintainers] Perl 5.26.1
@ 2017-10-03  6:35               ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2017-10-03  6:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Ken Brown writes:
>> I need to have a look on what the main GNU/Linux distributions are doing
>> with this.
>
> It's the same on Debian:
>
>   https://packages.debian.org/stretch/amd64/texinfo/filelist
>
> I haven't checked any other.

Looks like SuSE splits into texinfo / makeinfo /info paclages, but
otherwise seems to handle these the same.  It does split out
perl-text-Unidecode and externalizes it in the configury, though.

>> WOuld it be possible to cleanly excise those as dependent
>> packages?
>
> I could certainly do that, but I wouldn't want to unless there's a
> GNU/Linux model to follow.  I don't think Cygwin should use special
> packaging that no one else uses.

Certainly not, I am still a bit surprised at that way of installing
things, though.

@ 2017-10-04 17:24     ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2017-10-04 17:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Achim Gratz writes:
> The Perl 5.26 repository, still at http://cygwin.stromeko.net/perl-5.26,
> has been updated (again due to an error in module search path) with the
> prospective release version of Perl 5.26.1 and newly bootstrapped
> distribution packages.

The setup.ini is now signed with my PGP key available at
$root/stromeko.gpg, which you can download and then feed to setup.exe
via the -K switch.  The fingerprint of that key is:

      B22B 4890 B89E 5E5A 795C  E305 B40B EC75 3152 B1C3

If you have the keyart script (Python, you can just download from
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/atoponce/keyart/master/keyart), this
is what you should see after importing the key into your public keyring:

> keyart stromeko
+-----[DSA 2048]----+
|         ^.        |
|        ^ .        |
|       ^ E         |
|    . . ^ :        |
|. .  ^ : .         |
|.^  . ^.:S         |
| ..  . :^.         |
|.  .^ ^.^          |
|. ^:.^ ..          |
| ^:... .           |
|.^    .            |
+-----[3152B1C3]----+
+-------------------+
|                 :X|
|             .  ^^^|
|            :   ..^|
|         . : .   E |
|          i . . .  |
|       ^ S l : .   |
|        i l ^ ^    |
|       ^ . .       |
|      .   .        |
|       . .         |
|      ...          |
+-------------------+

@ 2017-10-09 16:41       ` Ken Brown
From: Ken Brown @ 2017-10-09 16:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 9/29/2017 2:06 PM, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> The following are mine and are
> ready for upload:
>
> gnumeric
> graphviz
> hexchat
> libproxy
> link-grammar
> marisa
> ming
> openbabel
> openwsman
> rxvt-unicode
> vim
> xfconf
> zbar
> zinnia

Yaakov,

Have you also rebuilt your perl-Tk* packages?  If so, can you make them
available somewhere?  I need them for the build of perl-PAR-Packer.

Thanks.

Ken

* Re: [Attn. Maintainers] Perl 5.26.1 (prepare for release)
@ 2017-10-12 19:32     ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2017-10-12 19:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

As I haven't heard from most of the maintainers yet, here's a reminder
that I would like to update Perl either on the upcoming weekend or from
Wednesday in the week following.

@ 2017-10-12 20:34       ` Ken Brown
From: Ken Brown @ 2017-10-12 20:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 10/12/2017 3:32 PM, Achim Gratz wrote:

> As I haven't heard from most of the maintainers yet, here's a reminder
> that I would like to update Perl either on the upcoming weekend or from
> Wednesday in the week following.

My packages are ready for upload:

   biber
   perl-PAR-Packer [without Tk support for now, but that's not important]
   texinfo

Ken

* Re: [Attn. Maintainers] Perl 5.26.1 (prepare for release)
@ 2017-10-13 18:02         ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2017-10-13 18:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Ken Brown writes:
> My packages are ready for upload:
>
>   biber
>   perl-PAR-Packer [without Tk support for now, but that's not important]
>   texinfo

Thanks.

Regards,
Achim.

* Re: [Attn. Maintainers] Perl 5.26.1 (release is imminent)
                       ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2017-10-18 18:20     ` Achim Gratz
                         ` (5 more replies)
From: Achim Gratz @ 2017-10-18 18:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

I've just uploaded the files for the update of Perl to version 5.26 to
sourceware.  Unfortunatley only a single other package has been staged
there (znc), so we need to wait for the rest of the maintainers to do
their uploads.

Please upload your packages to sourceware _without_ the !ready cookies
(i.e. don't use cygport upload) and instead place !perl cookies.  This
way the staged uploads can all be activated at the same time so that no
inconsistent intermediate state gets published.

Please post a not here on this list as well when your upload is staged.

[...]

@ 2017-10-18 20:21       ` Ken Brown
                         ` (4 subsequent siblings)
From: Ken Brown @ 2017-10-18 20:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 10/18/2017 2:20 PM, Achim Gratz wrote:

> I've just uploaded the files for the update of Perl to version 5.26 to
> sourceware.  Unfortunatley only a single other package has been staged
> there (znc), so we need to wait for the rest of the maintainers to do
> their uploads.
>
> Please upload your packages to sourceware _without_ the !ready cookies
> (i.e. don't use cygport upload) and instead place !perl cookies.  This
> way the staged uploads can all be activated at the same time so that no
> inconsistent intermediate state gets published.
>
> Please post a not here on this list as well when your upload is staged.

My files are in place.

Ken

* Re: [Attn. Maintainers] Perl 5.26.1 (release is imminent)
@ 2017-10-18 22:16       ` David Rothenberger
                         ` (3 subsequent siblings)
From: David Rothenberger @ 2017-10-18 22:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 10/18/2017 11:20 AM, Achim Gratz wrote:
> subversion-perl:     A version control system (perl bindings)

I've uploaded new subversion packages.

* Re: [Attn. Maintainers] Perl 5.26.1 (release is imminent)
@ 2017-10-19  6:04       ` Marco Atzeri
                         ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2017-10-19  6:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 18/10/2017 20:20, Achim Gratz wrote:

> Please upload your packages to sourceware _without_ the !ready cookies
> (i.e. don't use cygport upload) and instead place !perl cookies.  This
> way the staged uploads can all be activated at the same time so that no
> inconsistent intermediate state gets published.
>
> Please post a not here on this list as well when your upload is staged.

uploaded

GraphicsMagick
ImageMagick
gdal
irssi
postgresql

> Regards,
> Achim.

Regards
Marco

@ 2017-10-19 15:00       ` Yaakov Selkowitz
From: Yaakov Selkowitz @ 2017-10-19 15:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 2017-10-18 13:20, Achim Gratz wrote:
> I've just uploaded the files for the update of Perl to version 5.26 to
> sourceware.  Unfortunatley only a single other package has been staged
> there (znc), so we need to wait for the rest of the maintainers to do
> their uploads.

My uploads are queued up as well.

> Again the reminder that the following packages will have to be re-built
> since they install perl modules:
>
> git-svn:	     Subversion compatibility support for Git version control system
> git:	             Distributed version control system

Adam, git will break if it doesn't get rebuilt and uploaded together
with the 5.26 upgrade.  How soon can you rebuild it with Achim's repo?

--
Yaakov

* Re: [Attn. Maintainers] Perl 5.26.1 (release is imminent)
@ 2017-10-19 17:15         ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2017-10-19 17:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Yaakov Selkowitz writes:
>> git-svn:	     Subversion compatibility support for Git version control system
>> git:	             Distributed version control system
>
> Adam, git will break if it doesn't get rebuilt and uploaded together
> with the 5.26 upgrade.  How soon can you rebuild it with Achim's repo?

The core git functionality is not affected or I would have noticed, but
yes it'd be nice if git could be updated in sync also.  Adam?

@ 2017-10-23 17:17         ` Yaakov Selkowitz
From: Yaakov Selkowitz @ 2017-10-23 17:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 2017-10-18 17:15, David Rothenberger wrote:
> On 10/18/2017 11:20 AM, Achim Gratz wrote:
>> subversion-perl:     A version control system (perl bindings)
>
> I've uploaded new subversion packages.

Everything else is in place now, if you could take care of however you
manage subversion normally; it didn't work for me, but I'm probably
missing something.

--
Yaakov

* Re: [Attn. Maintainers] Perl 5.26.1 (release is imminent)
@ 2017-10-23 17:38           ` Jon Turney
From: Jon Turney @ 2017-10-23 17:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 23/10/2017 18:17, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> On 2017-10-18 17:15, David Rothenberger wrote:
>> On 10/18/2017 11:20 AM, Achim Gratz wrote:
>>> subversion-perl:     A version control system (perl bindings)
>>
>> I've uploaded new subversion packages.
>
> Everything else is in place now, if you could take care of however you
> manage subversion normally; it didn't work for me, but I'm probably
> missing something.

No, this is a calm problem. It (now) checks that curr: and prev: have
the chronological ordering one would naturally expect.

Since subversion is special in that prev: is being used for 1.8, which
could be built before or after 1.9, I've added the subversion packages
to the list of exclusions for this rule.

@ 2017-10-23 17:47       ` Yaakov Selkowitz
From: Yaakov Selkowitz @ 2017-10-23 17:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 2017-10-18 13:20, Achim Gratz wrote:
> I've just uploaded the files for the update of Perl to version 5.26 to
> sourceware.
>
> Please upload your packages to sourceware _without_ the !ready cookies
> (i.e. don't use cygport upload) and instead place !perl cookies.  This
> way the staged uploads can all be activated at the same time so that no
> inconsistent intermediate state gets published.

All staged packages have now been moved into the distribution.  Thank
you all for helping make this a smooth upgrade.

> Again the reminder that the following packages will have to be re-built
> since they install perl modules:
>
> git:	             Distributed version control system
> grepmail:	     search mailboxes for mail matching an expression (installed binaries and support files)
> pristine-tar:	     Regenerate pristine tarballs (installed binaries and support files)
> sendxmpp:            Commandline XMPP (jabber) utility (installed binaries and support files)

Adam, Jari, these packages still need to be rebuilt.

--
Yaakov

* Re: [Attn. Maintainers] Perl 5.26.1 (release is imminent)
@ 2017-10-23 18:03             ` Ken Brown
From: Ken Brown @ 2017-10-23 18:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 10/23/2017 1:38 PM, Jon Turney wrote:
> On 23/10/2017 18:17, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
>>>
>>> I've uploaded new subversion packages.
>>
>> Everything else is in place now, if you could take care of however you
>> manage subversion normally; it didn't work for me, but I'm probably
>> missing something.
>
> No, this is a calm problem. It (now) checks that curr: and prev: have
> the chronological ordering one would naturally expect.
>
> Since subversion is special in that prev: is being used for 1.8, which
> could be built before or after 1.9, I've added the subversion packages
> to the list of exclusions for this rule.

Did this somehow cause all maintainers to receive email about
subversion?  I just received a package upload report that contained what
I expected about my own packages, but which also contained a report
about subversion-1.9.5-2 being moved to the vault.

Ken

* Re: [Attn. Maintainers] Perl 5.26.1 (release is imminent)
@ 2017-10-23 18:37               ` Jon Turney
From: Jon Turney @ 2017-10-23 18:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 23/10/2017 19:03, Ken Brown wrote:
> On 10/23/2017 1:38 PM, Jon Turney wrote:

>>> Everything else is in place now, if you could take care of however you
>>> manage subversion normally; it didn't work for me, but I'm probably
>>> missing something.
>>
>> No, this is a calm problem. It (now) checks that curr: and prev: have
>> the chronological ordering one would naturally expect.
>>
>> Since subversion is special in that prev: is being used for 1.8, which
>> could be built before or after 1.9, I've added the subversion packages
>> to the list of exclusions for this rule.
>
> Did this somehow cause all maintainers to receive email about
> subversion?  I just received a package upload report that contained what
> I expected about my own packages, but which also contained a report
> about subversion-1.9.5-2 being moved to the vault.

No, you're special :)

That was some other hiccup I'm investigating...

* Re: [Attn. Maintainers] Perl 5.26.1 (release is imminent)
                         ` (4 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2017-10-23 19:20       ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2017-10-23 19:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Achim Gratz writes:
> Please upload your packages to sourceware _without_ the !ready cookies
> (i.e. don't use cygport upload) and instead place !perl cookies.  This
> way the staged uploads can all be activated at the same time so that no
> inconsistent intermediate state gets published.

Thanks to everyone involved and especially Yaakov and Jon for taking
care of anything that needed to be done on sourceware.

@ 2017-10-24  8:37         ` Adam Dinwoodie
From: Adam Dinwoodie @ 2017-10-24  8:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On Mon, Oct 23, 2017 at 12:47:41PM -0500, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> On 2017-10-18 13:20, Achim Gratz wrote:
> > Again the reminder that the following packages will have to be re-built
> > since they install perl modules:
> >
> > git:	             Distributed version control system
> > grepmail:	     search mailboxes for mail matching an expression (installed binaries and support files)
> > pristine-tar:	     Regenerate pristine tarballs (installed binaries and support files)
> > sendxmpp:            Commandline XMPP (jabber) utility (installed binaries and support files)
>
> Adam, Jari, these packages still need to be rebuilt.

I'll update and rebuild Git now.

Adam

* Re: [Attn. Maintainers] Perl 5.26.1 (release is imminent)
@ 2017-10-24 16:22         ` Ken Brown
From: Ken Brown @ 2017-10-24 16:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 10/23/2017 3:20 PM, Achim Gratz wrote:
> Achim Gratz writes:
>> Please upload your packages to sourceware _without_ the !ready cookies
>> (i.e. don't use cygport upload) and instead place !perl cookies.  This
>> way the staged uploads can all be activated at the same time so that no
>> inconsistent intermediate state gets published.
>
> Thanks to everyone involved and especially Yaakov and Jon for taking
> care of anything that needed to be done on sourceware.

And thanks to you for making this process so easy for maintainers.

Ken

* Re: [Attn. Maintainers] Perl 5.26.1 (release is imminent)
@ 2017-10-24 18:45           ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2017-10-24 18:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Ken Brown writes:
>> Thanks to everyone involved and especially Yaakov and Jon for taking
>> care of anything that needed to be done on sourceware.
>
> And thanks to you for making this process so easy for maintainers.

I wish it was even easier than that, of course.  Let's see how far along
we've come the next time we need to do something like that…

Regards,
Achim.