public inbox for cygwin-apps@cygwin.com
* Scallywag nobuild?
@ 2020-09-15 15:49 Ken Brown
From: Ken Brown @ 2020-09-15 15:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Jon,

Is there a way to tell scallywag to ignore a commit?  Maybe "SCALLYWAG=nobuild"?

Here's my use case.  I've just made some maintenance updates to about 30
texlive-collection-*.cygport files.  I do this every few months to reduce the
annual work when there's a new TeX Live release.  I'd like to push these changes
to protect them from loss, but I don't want to tie up the scallywag system
unnecessarily.

Ken

* Re: Scallywag nobuild?
@ 2020-09-15 16:33 ` Jon Turney
From: Jon Turney @ 2020-09-15 16:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 15/09/2020 16:49, Ken Brown via Cygwin-apps wrote:
> Is there a way to tell scallywag to ignore a commit?  Maybe
> "SCALLYWAG=nobuild"?

Yeah, this seems like a useful thing to have.

Unfortunately, we don't analyze the cygport in the git post-receive hook
(since there are potential security concerns with doing that), so I've
made it so the job gets started, but should fairly quickly discover it
doesn't have anything to do if 'nobuild' is present.

@ 2020-09-15 17:38   ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2020-09-15 17:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Jon Turney writes:
> Unfortunately, we don't analyze the cygport in the git post-receive
> hook (since there are potential security concerns with doing that), so
> I've made it so the job gets started, but should fairly quickly
> discover it doesn't have anything to do if 'nobuild' is present.

THe other option would be to have another special branch that
auto-merges into master but doesn't trigger the CI build.

Regards,
Achim.