public inbox for cygwin-apps@cygwin.com
* [ORPHAN] perl-Finance-Quote
@ 2023-05-06 16:02 Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2023-05-06 16:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

The package can't have actually done something useful for quite some
time since most or all of its online data sources have vanished or
changed their format over time.  There is a new maintainer that tries to
fix things up, but in the process of doing so pulled in no less than 44
new dependencies, which I'm unwilling to add to Cygwin.

The module is currently a dependency of gnucash, which itself is
orphaned and almost 5 years old.  I suggest that we remove it from
Cygwin, too.

Regards,
Achim.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2023-05-06 16:02 UTC | newest]