public inbox for cygwin-apps@cygwin.com
* scallywag build anomaly
@ 2021-05-22  4:28 Marco Atzeri
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2021-05-22  4:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Hi Jon,
can you tell me why scallywag building udunits

https://ci.appveyor.com/project/cygwin/scallywag/builds/39274227
https://ci.appveyor.com/project/cygwin/scallywag/builds/39274227/job/lyhogat2ku23p8lh

has decided for a Windows build instead of a Cygwin one ?

libtool: link: gcc -shared  .libs/unitcore.o .libs/converter.o
.libs/formatter.o .libs/idToUnitMap.o .libs/unitToIdMap.o
.libs/unitAndId.o .libs/systemMap.o .libs/prefix.o .libs/parser.o
.libs/status.o .libs/xml.o .libs/error.o .libs/ut_free_system.o
.libs/udunits-1.o   -ldl -lexpat  -ggdb -O2 -fstack-protector-strong
-o .libs/libudunits2-0.dll -Wl,--enable-auto-image-base -Xlinker
--out-implib -Xlinker .libs/libudunits2-0.dll
                       ^^^^

Regards
Marco

* Re: scallywag build anomaly
@ 2021-05-22  4:58 ` ASSI
From: ASSI @ 2021-05-22  4:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Marco Atzeri via Cygwin-apps writes:
> can you tell me why scallywag building udunits
>
> https://ci.appveyor.com/project/cygwin/scallywag/builds/39274227
> https://ci.appveyor.com/project/cygwin/scallywag/builds/39274227/job/lyhogat2ku23p8lh
>
> has decided for a Windows build instead of a Cygwin one ?

Has it?  The configury shows that it wants to build on cygwin.  It
misses gfortran, though, so it might now go through a different way of
linking than on your local box that might not be patched up to switch
the library prefix.  In general, if you want to figure out what happens
on the CI, pull the artifacts archive and compare config.status and
other files that tell you if you really had the same environment.

Regards,
Achim.

Wavetables for the Terratec KOMPLEXER:

* Re: scallywag build anomaly
@ 2021-05-22  5:03 ` ASSI
From: ASSI @ 2021-05-22  5:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Marco Atzeri via Cygwin-apps writes:
> can you tell me why scallywag building udunits

Oh, and change the homepage URL to use https://,  please.

Regards,
Achim.

* Re: scallywag build anomaly
@ 2021-05-22 10:32   ` Marco Atzeri
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2021-05-22 10:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 22.05.2021 06:58, ASSI wrote:
> Marco Atzeri via Cygwin-apps writes:
>> can you tell me why scallywag building udunits
>>
>> https://ci.appveyor.com/project/cygwin/scallywag/builds/39274227
>> https://ci.appveyor.com/project/cygwin/scallywag/builds/39274227/job/lyhogat2ku23p8lh
>>
>> has decided for a Windows build instead of a Cygwin one ?
>
> Has it?  The configury shows that it wants to build on cygwin.  It
> misses gfortran, though, so it might now go through a different way of
> linking than on your local box that might not be patched up to switch
> the library prefix.  In general, if you want to figure out what happens
> on the CI, pull the artifacts archive and compare config.status and
> other files that tell you if you really had the same environment.
>

> Regards,
> Achim.

It seems I needed to add more than expected to build requires

     bison flex gcc-fortran CUnit

to take note for the other Math packages