public inbox for cygwin-apps@cygwin.com
* Update isl to 0.16.1?
@ 2017-07-13 18:11 Yaakov Selkowitz
From: Yaakov Selkowitz @ 2017-07-13 18:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

It looks like GCC 6 would benefit from an update of isl to 0.16.1 (but
NOT newer).  This would be an ABI bump of libisl to 15, so existing GCC
5 builds would not be affected, as long as we aren't planning any more
(and I sure hope we can move on at this point).  Achim, if JonY agrees,
would you be able to bump this?

--
Yaakov

* Re: Update isl to 0.16.1?
@ 2017-07-13 18:49 ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2017-07-13 18:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Yaakov Selkowitz writes:
> It looks like GCC 6 would benefit from an update of isl to 0.16.1 (but
> NOT newer).  This would be an ABI bump of libisl to 15, so existing GCC
> 5 builds would not be affected, as long as we aren't planning any more
> (and I sure hope we can move on at this point).  Achim, if JonY agrees,
> would you be able to bump this?

If you've confirmed that this is the exact version gcc6 needs, then yes.
Alternatively, Jon could take over the package to sync with any gcc
updates, since I believe gcc is the only user anyway.

Regards,
Achim.

* Re: Update isl to 0.16.1?
@ 2017-09-28 18:39   ` Yaakov Selkowitz
From: Yaakov Selkowitz @ 2017-09-28 18:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 2017-07-13 13:49, Achim Gratz wrote:
> Yaakov Selkowitz writes:
>> It looks like GCC 6 would benefit from an update of isl to 0.16.1 (but
>> NOT newer).  This would be an ABI bump of libisl to 15, so existing GCC
>> 5 builds would not be affected, as long as we aren't planning any more
>> (and I sure hope we can move on at this point).  Achim, if JonY agrees,
>> would you be able to bump this?
>
> If you've confirmed that this is the exact version gcc6 needs, then yes.
> Alternatively, Jon could take over the package to sync with any gcc
> updates, since I believe gcc is the only user anyway.

JonY?

--
Yaakov

* Re: Update isl to 0.16.1?
@ 2017-11-03  6:41     ` Yaakov Selkowitz
From: Yaakov Selkowitz @ 2017-11-03  6:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 2017-07-13 13:49, Achim Gratz wrote:
>> Yaakov Selkowitz writes:
>>> It looks like GCC 6 would benefit from an update of isl to 0.16.1 (but
>>> NOT newer).  This would be an ABI bump of libisl to 15, so existing GCC
>>> 5 builds would not be affected, as long as we aren't planning any more
>>> (and I sure hope we can move on at this point).  Achim, if JonY agrees,
>>> would you be able to bump this?
>>
>> If you've confirmed that this is the exact version gcc6 needs, then yes.
>> Alternatively, Jon could take over the package to sync with any gcc
>> updates, since I believe gcc is the only user anyway.

Ping?

--
Yaakov

* Re: Update isl to 0.16.1?
@ 2017-11-03 20:23       ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2017-11-03 20:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Yaakov Selkowitz writes:
>>> If you've confirmed that this is the exact version gcc6 needs, then yes.
>>> Alternatively, Jon could take over the package to sync with any gcc
>>> updates, since I believe gcc is the only user anyway.
>
> Ping?

Are you pinging me or JonY?  If you meant me, just confirm the exact
version and I'll see what there is to do.  It would also be helpful to
figure out which other versions we need to keep for the older gcc
packages.

Regards,
Achim.

* Re: Update isl to 0.16.1?
@ 2017-11-04 19:54         ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2017-11-04 19:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Achim Gratz writes:
> Are you pinging me or JonY?  If you meant me, just confirm the exact
> version and I'll see what there is to do.  It would also be helpful to
> figure out which other versions we need to keep for the older gcc
> packages.

I've compiled 0.16.1 with no problems and all tests passing.  I'll wait
with the release until the questions mentioned above have been
clarified.

Regards,
Achim.

Wavetables for the Terratec KOMPLEXER: