public inbox for cygwin-apps@cygwin.com
* Re: [Updated/New] Perl distributions
       [not found] <87porl10ew.fsf@Rainer.invalid>
@ 2016-06-14  0:28 ` Jon Turney
From: Jon Turney @ 2016-06-14  0:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps; +Cc: Achim Gratz

On 13/06/2016 18:08, Achim Gratz wrote:
> The following Perl distributions have been updated to their latest
> version available from CPAN:
>
> perl-Business-ISBN-2.011-1
> perl-Capture-Tiny-0.42-1
> perl-ExtUtils-F77-1.20-1
> perl-Module-Signature-0.80-1
> perl-Mojolicious-6.64-1
> perl-Readonly-2.05-1
> perl-Regexp-Common-2016060801-1
> perl-Term-ReadLine-Gnu-1.33-1
> perl-Test-Simple-1.302026-1
> perl-XML-LibXML-2.0125-1
>
> The following Perl distributions are new in Cygwin as dependencies for
> other packages:
>
> perl-Cpanel-JSON-XS-3.0215-1
> perl-File-Remove-1.57-1
> perl-File-Slurper-0.008-1
> perl-Font-AFM-1.20-1
> perl-HTML-Formatter-2.14-1
> perl-IO-stringy-2.111-1-
> perl-Lchown-1.01-1
> perl-LWP-Online-1.08-1
> perl-Mail-Box-2.118-1
> perl-Mail-Box-Parser-C-3.007-1
> perl-Mail-IMAPClient-3.38-1
> perl-MIME-Types-2.13-1
> perl-Net-XMPP-1.05-1
> perl-Object-Realize-Later-0.19-1
> perl-Test-EOL-1.6-1
> perl-Test-NoTabs-1.4-1
> perl-User-Identity-0.94-1
> perl-XML-Stream-1.24-1
> perl-YAML-Tiny-1.69-1
>
> Please note that "pure" Perl distributions are now available from noarch
> to avoid the duplication that had existed between the x86 and x86_64
> architecture branches.

In this update, the following packages don't seem to be valid xz files:

perl-Business-ISBN-2.011-1-src.tar.xz
perl-Regexp-Common-2016060801-1-src.tar.xz
perl-XML-LibXML-2.0125-1.tar.xz
perl-XML-LibXML-2.0125-1-src.tar.xz
perl-Mojolicious-6.64-1.tar.xz
perl-Mojolicious-6.64-1-src.tar.xz

Crazily, this isn't validated before we move the uploaded file, which I
shall look at changing :S

* Re: [Updated/New] Perl distributions
@ 2016-06-14  5:39   ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2016-06-14  5:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Jon Turney writes:
> In this update, the following packages don't seem to be valid xz files:
>
> perl-Business-ISBN-2.011-1-src.tar.xz
> perl-Regexp-Common-2016060801-1-src.tar.xz
> perl-XML-LibXML-2.0125-1.tar.xz
> perl-XML-LibXML-2.0125-1-src.tar.xz
> perl-Mojolicious-6.64-1.tar.xz
> perl-Mojolicious-6.64-1-src.tar.xz

I have no idea how this can happen.  My local copies from the upload
were OK (I've tested the install), but what I got back from the upload
area was not (I didn't think I'd have to compare those, but I'll
probably do that going forward).  I've uploaded these packages again;
LibXML for both arches, although it seems that only x86 was affected.
I'm not sure what will happen with that upload, though, since some of
the files are already existing in the release area (they probably need
to be removed).

> Crazily, this isn't validated before we move the uploaded file, which
> I shall look at changing :S

Well, let's upload a complete install hierarchy with setup.ini and this
can't happen because the checksums would have to match.

Regards,
Achim.

Wavetables for the Terratec KOMPLEXER:

* Re: [Updated/New] Perl distributions
@ 2016-06-14  6:49     ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2016-06-14  6:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Achim Gratz writes:
> I have no idea how this can happen.

Well, it happened again (I think), at least the downloaded files from my
own upload area were corrupt.  I then used sshfs for the upload.
Something is very wonky with that upload method.

I've incremented the release so calm would take on and removed the
botched upload so it isn't the previous one.

Regards,
Achim.

* Re: [Updated/New] Perl distributions
@ 2016-06-20 15:27     ` Jon Turney
From: Jon Turney @ 2016-06-20 15:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 14/06/2016 06:38, Achim Gratz wrote:
> Jon Turney writes:
>> Crazily, this isn't validated before we move the uploaded file, which
>> I shall look at changing :S
>
> Well, let's upload a complete install hierarchy with setup.ini and this
> can't happen because the checksums would have to match.

I'm not sure setup.ini is the right format for that information, but
yes, some kind of upload manifest would be good.

This was actually in some early versions of calm, but it was kind of
hard to fit in with the stateless design inherited from upset.

Anyhow, it's on the TODO list for calm, so PTC or you can wait until I
get around to it...

* Re: [Updated/New] Perl distributions
@ 2016-06-20 18:18       ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2016-06-20 18:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Jon Turney writes:
> I'm not sure setup.ini is the right format for that information, but
> yes, some kind of upload manifest would be good.

Well, it was a format we already know how to produce and consume and
delivers a good checksum for each file.  The other thing that's easily
used is hashdeep (formerly known as md5deep).  I have a private version
that can do SHA512 checksums as well, but upstream wants to solve that
problem in a different way (for over a year now).  I guess I could just
package that for Cygwin or we use an SHA256 checksum instead.  Of course
sha512sum also works, just needs to be wrapped into a find…|xargs
invocation.

> This was actually in some early versions of calm, but it was kind of
> hard to fit in with the stateless design inherited from upset.
>
> Anyhow, it's on the TODO list for calm, so PTC or you can wait until I
> get around to it...

I don't think I'm going to provide patches for something in Python…
:-)