public inbox for cygwin-apps@cygwin.com
* [Attn Maintainer] subversion net-snmp
@ 2015-07-27 19:46 Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2015-07-27 19:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

The update to Perl 5.22 is planned for the end of this week.  Please
notify immediately if you cannot provide the updated packages indicated
below by then to your package upload area on cygwin.com.

Your following packages contain sub-packages that need an update or
re-release using Perl version 5.22:

subversion	(subversion-perl)
net-snmp	(net-snmp-perl)

[I don't know how difficult that is to do quickly, but maybe consider
renaming these packages perl-net-snmp and perl-subversion.]

Regards,
Achim.

Samples for the Waldorf Blofeld:

* Re: [Attn Maintainer] subversion net-snmp
@ 2015-07-31  1:59 ` David Rothenberger
From: David Rothenberger @ 2015-07-31  1:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Achim Gratz wrote:

> The update to Perl 5.22 is planned for the end of this week.  Please
> notify immediately if you cannot provide the updated packages indicated
> below by then to your package upload area on cygwin.com.
>
> Your following packages contain sub-packages that need an update or
> re-release using Perl version 5.22:
>
> subversion	(subversion-perl)
> net-snmp	(net-snmp-perl)

New versions of subversion and net-snmp built against 5.22 are uploaded.
I've created subversion/!perl and net-snmp/!perl.

> [I don't know how difficult that is to do quickly, but maybe consider
> renaming these packages perl-net-snmp and perl-subversion.]

I renamed the net-snmp package but not subversion. I expect I'll release
new subversion packages shortly after the perl transition; I'll rename
it at that time.

malpractice, n.:
        The reason surgeons wear masks.

* Re: [Attn Maintainer] subversion net-snmp
@ 2015-07-31 18:49   ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2015-07-31 18:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

David Rothenberger writes:
> New versions of subversion and net-snmp built against 5.22 are uploaded.
> I've created subversion/!perl and net-snmp/!perl.

Thanks.

>> [I don't know how difficult that is to do quickly, but maybe consider
>> renaming these packages perl-net-snmp and perl-subversion.]
>
> I renamed the net-snmp package but not subversion. I expect I'll release
> new subversion packages shortly after the perl transition; I'll rename
> it at that time.

That's OK of course.